Scotland Football Club

shull

2 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

I’m sitting here in the Hoose barely able to contain my rage at this performance, I should know better but it still gets me 

fizzin mad, how can so many so called good players be so bloody bad at at the same time.

How many times has a highball been put into the box straight into the arms of the Russian 'keeper?

I think I'll give our hiding by Belgium a miss.

Poor set up. Back 4 were poor. Someone needs to tell Robertson he is not playing for Liverpool when in Dark Blue and to hold his position. Should have had Christie, McGinn and McGregor in midfield at same time as at least have the intelligence when to slow things down and pick it back up again. Maclean didn't even look like a footballer and was shocking when he came on and forget the pish big guys up front and get griffiths and shankland into the squad.

Very very poor as i said half of them weren't interested

Midfield hid until Christie came on

Marshall,Mulgrew and Fraser showed a bit of effort the rest didn't even gave that

Nothing will change until the attitude of our better players change

You aren't going to tell me that Eire ,Northern Ireland and Wales have far better quality players apart from Bale

Yet they get results with grit and determination

Our players were easily bullied tonight

Quality of player isn't our biggest problem at the moment

8 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Poor set up. Back 4 were poor. Someone needs to tell Robertson he is not playing for Liverpool when in Dark Blue and to hold his position. Should have had Christie, McGinn and McGregor in midfield at same time as at least have the intelligence when to slow things down and pick it back up again. Maclean didn't even look like a footballer and was shocking when he came on and forget the pish big guys up front and get griffiths and shankland into the squad.

Shankland ? You cannot be serious.  International football is a tad more difficult than Alloa away.

Griffiths aye. Best available. 

Edited by munoz

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

How many times has a highball been put into the box straight into the arms of the Russian 'keeper?

I think I'll give our hiding by Belgium a miss.

You think after the first couple then would mix it up

No they did the same thing over a dozen times

Just lazy like everything else that went on all night

Shankland - why not? Would prefer to have a goal scoring striker or 2 on the pitch. Scotland are still not playing to their strengths. Thought Stevie C would see it a bit different but guess not. If we had a capable defence then yes Shankland. Midfield can be decent if he uses the right players. McTominay is fecking useless and cant see why Man U play him and never have. Put footballers on the pitch and play the fecking game. No point sticking one useless big idiot up front against 4 big decent russian/belgian defenders. Finger oot the arse and give it a go. You should know better Victor.

Where that f#@k do I start? 

If I never see O Donnell and McBurnie in a Scotland shirt again, that would be just fine. Both of them are well out their depth. 

20m for McBurnie??? The world has gone mad. Griffiths is 10x the player. 

Fraser played decent, but gave the ball away for their second and just gave up. 

Robertson had a howler.

McGregor punted high balls into the keepers arms 3 times.

Forrest was MIA. 

McGinn was full of effort, but didn't do much..... Goal aside. 

Pass marks for Marshall, Mulgrew, McTominay and Fraser(apart from the 2nd goal) 

Edited by Prague Buddie

Jeezo, kinda glad I missed last nights game, another in a very long line of games where you get a degree of expectation only to end up with abject failure.

As has been mentioned, what's happening with Scotland when the other diddy home nation teams can consistently outperform us? 

Look at this......................not sure if I should cry or cry very hard.

Team P GD Pts
1   Northern Ireland 4 5 12
2   Germany 4 9 9
3   Netherlands 3 5 6
4   Belarus 5 -7 3
5   Estonia 4 -12 0

And this...............(Aye, I know they aren't a "home nation" before anyone get's over excited. 

Team P GD Pts
1   R. of Ireland 5 4 11
2   Denmark 4 10 8
3   Switzerland 3 2 5
4   Georgia 4 -4 3
5   Gibraltar 4 -12 0
Edited by faraway saint

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, kinda glad I missed last nights game, another in a very long line of games where you get a degree of expectation only to end up with abject failure.

As has been mentioned, what's happening with Scotland when the other diddy home nation teams can consistently outperform us? 

Look at this......................not sure if I should cry or cry very hard.

Team P GD Pts
1   Northern Ireland 4 5 12
2   Germany 4 9 9
3   Netherlands 3 5 6
4   Belarus 5 -7 3
5   Estonia 4 -12 0

And this...............(Aye, I know they aren't a "home nation" before anyone get's over excited. 

Team P GD Pts
1   R. of Ireland 5 4 11
2   Denmark 4 10 8
3   Switzerland 3 2 5
4   Georgia 4 -4 3
5   Gibraltar 4 -12 0

Attitude dear Robert

These teams know their limits and fight and scrap throughout matches

They don't waste set plays as we certainly do ie straight into the keeper hands at least half a dozen times

Raging isn't the word watching that last night our engine  room         didn't break sweat and didn't put a tackle in all night

Russia were made to look like a decent side which i don't think they are but worked a lot harder and won all challenges

Clarke has to get the same mindset like auld Craig Broon had us at

Time for the excuses to stop we should be doing better with the standard of player we now have

20 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Attitude dear Robert

These teams know their limits and fight and scrap throughout matches

They don't waste set plays as we certainly do ie straight into the keeper hands at least half a dozen times

Raging isn't the word watching that last night our engine  room         didn't break sweat and didn't put a tackle in all night

Russia were made to look like a decent side which i don't think they are but worked a lot harder and won all challenges

Clarke has to get the same mindset like auld Craig Broon had us at

Time for the excuses to stop we should be doing better with the standard of player we now have

Hard to argue attitude is part of the problem mate, having only seen the "highlights" individual errors were costly.

We do have players playing in better sides than we have for a few years but they don't seem to bring that form to the games with Scotland.

We also don't get any real luck, re the goal that Wales got last night, although, as you know, if you're not playing well in any sport you rarely get luck, apart from bad luck.

Anyway, by the time Monday night comes round I'll have that small glimmer of hope that really never dies, all the more painful 90 minutes later.