Scotland Football Club

shull

9 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I agree here. I still feel we should never have gotten rid of Strachan. Couldn’t see any better options than him, and he was doing a decent job with an average squad.

No disagreement from me but we are where we are. Time to move on and look forward, not back.

10 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I agree here. I still feel we should never have gotten rid of Strachan. Couldn’t see any better options than him, and he was doing a decent job with an average squad.

I agree on Strachan, results and performances were reasonable but once the boo boys, who expect us to be better than we are, were on his back he was gone. 

To be fair to Clarke he has no forwards to work with

At least Miller or Faddy could chip in with goals now and then

No central defenders,Cooper picking up his first caps and Mulgrew who played mostly in midfield in his career

When Marshall wraps it i see the same standard of goalkeeper coming through what we have had the last 30 years

Plenty of midfielders though and go to any youth system that's all they are producing

I'm really surprised how poor we are in passing in tight positions as they really work on this in their training

Something changes once they reach first team fitba safety first percentage football

Our clubs are the problem

19 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

He has to go 4-5-1 and try to stop the cheap goals

Since all our decent players are in midfield but the attitude stinks

HOW ABOOT 9-1-1, ONE O THE NINE GOALIES BOOT IT UP TO THE DEFENDING/HOLDING/ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, WHO SIDESLIPS THE WHOLE OF THE OTHER TEAM. AND PASSES TO OUR OUTSIDE/INSIDE/RIGHT/LEFT/CENTRE FORWARD..................... WHO BANGS IT IN THE NET.  .....  NEXT PROBLEM?  WORLD PEACE!    NAE  PROBLEM.  :whistle

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

HOW ABOOT 9-1-1, ONE O THE NINE GOALIES BOOT IT UP TO THE DEFENDING/HOLDING/ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, WHO SIDESLIPS THE WHOLE OF THE OTHER TEAM. AND PASSES TO OUR OUTSIDE/INSIDE/RIGHT/LEFT/CENTRE FORWARD..................... WHO BANGS IT IN THE NET.  .....  NEXT PROBLEM?  WORLD PEACE!    NAE  PROBLEM.  :whistle

Brilliant, another half wit with no idea on the subject and trying to get attention, another in the "loser" club. 🤡

9 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

No central defenders,Cooper picking up his first caps and Mulgrew who played mostly in midfield in his career

When Marshall wraps it i see the same standard of goalkeeper coming through what we have had the last 30 years

Plenty of midfielders though and go to any youth system that's all they are producing

I'm really surprised how poor we are in passing in tight positions as they really work on this in their training

Something changes once they reach first team fitba safety first percentage football

Aye, and the abuse Miller got, when in many games he was stuck up front on his own, was the usual pish from people with no idea or an agenda driven by their dislike for a Scottish club.

There was that brief spell, 2 games I think, when Forrest looked like he could be the man, unfortunately another who has drifted back to mediocrity. 

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Makes as much sense as any of the self appointed experts on here do. Might result in defending too deep though.. Don't you think?

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Brilliant, another half wit with no idea on the subject and trying to get attention, another in the "loser" club. 🤡

Nae worries weeeeeeeee man ye'll get a sense o humour when ye grow UP, maybe.  :byebye

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
3 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Aye, and the abuse Miller got, when in many games he was stuck up front on his own, was the usual pish from people with no idea or an agenda driven by their dislike for a Scottish club.

There was that brief spell, 2 games I think, when Forrest looked like he could be the man, unfortunately another who has drifted back to mediocrity. 

You would know all about that weeeeeee man.  :whistle

52 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Totally agree. 2 center backs, a right back and a top quality striker and we would be a decent side. We are not a million miles away contrary to what is being said.

Young guys like Billy Gilmour coming through at Chelsea and Karomoko Dembele at Celtic are not a million miles away.

We've have been up against England, Belgium etc over last few years . Lets see what happens when we get a group with the likes of Romania, Hungary etc.

Still think we will have a great chance in play off as the teams will in the main be beatable.

You're looking at over a third of a team, with the killer being a top quality striker.

Where they are going to appear from between now and March is a mystery TBH.

I do agree we're not as bad as some would make us out but the worry for me is it's very hard to get back on the winning trail after losing, comfortably, so many games.

I've mentioned earlier in this thread the last 3 games are a chance to build confidence and win a few games and score some goals, building confidence which is a big part of the game. 

I think the play off games are a lottery for us, could well win but could just as easily lose...................what happens between now and these games will be critical how we perform.

If we struggle before March then I fear we will get pumped, 3 decent wins and the team and ever faithful fans will have some belief. 

I watched the England Vs Kosovo game last night in its entirety and it was a great open game of football to enjoy.

It got me thinking why can a country (so relatively new to international football as an individual country), can be so technically ahead of Scotland. In just about every department they were ahead in actual ball skills, closing down the opposition, chasing everything and organisational set-up.

At one point Hoddle said that it would be a joy to play with this team, and then later it was said that when they don't have the ball they look quiet or even tired, but the moment the won the ball back they became alive and inventive. 

Forget the idiots in the studio who said at half time that England had many more goals in them, it was a really inventive Kosovo, who made their 'star' hosts look like a team that just turned up for the second half and thought they had done all the hard work after 45 minutes. It was great.

So why can Scotland not produce a performance like that...…………….

P.S.  Not many of the Kosovo team play for well known teams!

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Still doubting Shankland for Scotland?

There to make up the numbers and give him experience. If he keeps progressing and shows it regularly at a higher level, then I'd expect him to become an International regular.  Only getting blooded because Scotland have hee haw to play for.

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Full Scotland squad..........................here's a question, if Shankland was playing for us in the Championship and had scored the goals he has scored would there be so much negativity about him? 

View image on Twitter

I doubt he'd have been selected. 

22 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Full Scotland squad..........................here's a question, if Shankland was playing for us in the Championship and had scored the goals he has scored would there be so much negativity about him? 

View image on Twitter

When you look at the amount of players we have playing for teams in the top league in England it's very disappointing we perform so badly.

I'm sure Clarke must be as bemused as the support, needs some decent results before the play off games. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Got a night off, just off to the pub for a wee dram with 2 mates.

Will Scotland win, doubt it but always have hope. 

Same outlook as me, sitting in my digs in Aberdeen hoping we play well.......

Come on Scotland....prove us all wrong.

No movement, poor passing, lumping high balls to short players, no ball control, second to every ball. Russia have tons of space. Our players are closed down immediately.

Any time we get the ball we look scared shitless. 

This is what having zero confidence does to you.

This is almost unwatchable.

ETA. In fact I've just switched off. This just isn't football for me.

Edited by oaksoft