Scotland Football Club

shull

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So you ask me to justify my opinion on Joe Hart's inept performance and I give you my evidence.

Why throw Craig Gordon at me as a argument against my opinion about Joe Hart ?? Relevance ?

No, on second thoughts, please don't bother to respond.

:blink:

Well you thought Craig Gordon had a good game from previous replies so I just compared that with your opinion of Joe Hart ?

Simple really

36 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Just seen the ITV highlights.

First time I've noticed Gareth Southgate waving around an imaginary yellow card hoping to get Brown sent off.

I'm glad no one has ever cried about the likes of the Argies doing that type of thing in the past............:whistle

First time I've seen TV coverage of a Hampden game from the other side of the pitch. Very strange.

10 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Fwiw Hart does have a weakness to his left hand side, that was talked about pre match today. He is an overrated goalkeeper, there are always mistakes in his game looking back over his big matches, that was also talked of pre match.

Hart was binned by Man City, tells u all.

That said about Hart, Griffiths two free kicks were excellent and completely surprised an off form and complacent England.

The galling thing is that Gordon was terrible for the second goal, absolutely not concentrating, it was bad.

He is ponderous and very odd at times. His reaction in the first half when he fluked a saved shot with a very odd punch over the bar was very bizarre. That was the warning , he was not at it today , simple.

After we got ourselves in front we probably should have won today and seen the last four mins out ffs, that's the shame.

In a nutshell , Scotland need to be able to hang on to a lead , particularly when at home and particularly against a lacklustre Engerland. .

ETA they could have shown the Scotland players  the closing minutes of our League Cup Final victory. .for inspiration. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

13 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

In a nutshell , Scotland need to be able to hang on to a lead , particularly when at home and particularly against a lacklustre Engerland. .

ETA they could have shown the Scotland players  the closing minutes of our League Cup Final victory. .for inspiration. .

On the big screens ?

More of a distraction.

Would have ended up losing the Match.

:)

No players IF possible should be playing for Scotland if they play in our league. Most weeks players from our best team (Celtic) are playing the likes of Hamilton, Ross C, Dundee etc and don't need to even break sweat to get a win. Play players from the top English league since they are playing top class players every week and know what is needed on the pitch.

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Surely Joe Hart was the real cock out there. Two howlers !!

I've never liked Leigh Griffiths but what he did for Scotland tonight was above and beyond my expectations. You have to applaud those two strikes. Well played Griffiths.

I'm confused! Were the goals "two howlers" or two strikes to be applauded? I don't see how it can be both. 

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

No players IF possible should be playing for Scotland if they play in our league. Most weeks players from our best team (Celtic) are playing the likes of Hamilton, Ross C, Dundee etc and don't need to even break sweat to get a win. Play players from the top English league since they are playing top class players every week and know what is needed on the pitch.

Don't agree

I thought the Sellic players were more comfortable on the ball than the rest of the team

Anya,Snodgrass and Morrison were honking

The first goal Gordon should have saved comfortably. I wonder is the sun played its part in it as Hart had a cap on down that end in the 1st half. 

2nd goal he should have came and collected the ball on the 6 yard line but as mentioned earlier, had we picked a better pass we could have went on and scored a 3rd. Even if we had kicked long toward the corner flag we would have seen the clock out. 

We weren't good enough IMO against a poor England side. Too many players had a poor game. 

Thought Armstrong was rank throughout. Played his part in both England goals and poor on the ball. 

Robertson constantly turning back and passing back when the team were advancing forward. 

Anya, struggled to play in the right hand side. 

Gordon made poor decision throughout the game. 

Would have been been amazing if we had turned them over but wasn't to be. To many individual poor performances. 

3 hours ago, renfrew said:

That might seem fine in theory, but we don't have enough players in the PL. We'd struggle to put a team out.

Edited by saint in exile
Cannae spell!

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Don't agree

I thought the Sellic players were more comfortable on the ball than the rest of the team

Anya,Snodgrass and Morrison were honking

IMHO, Brown, Armstrong and Gordon cost us the 2 goals. Griffiths was also poor apart from 2 great free kicks.  Morrison was injured and should have been taken off earlier and I agree Snodgrass was shite. Anya sits on the bench in the English championship must weeks Only Celtic player that played well was Tierney. Not 1 of our players would get into the English squad, never mind the team and that is sad :(

Guest TPAFKATS

We started each half ok but were poor overall. We gave England too much space and respect. When we were closing them down it was mostly 2 or 3 players doing it so it wasn't working out.

Griffiths worked hard but had poor service. He then seemed to snatch a half chances when they came. Until...

If you'd offered me a draw with 10 mins to go, I'd have taken it but it still felt terrible at full time.

Similar to Poland with a late goal conceded. Not good enough at any level never mind international.

Can't bring myself to watch footage of their 2nd yet but at the time I wasn't sure if Gordon should've come although I was high up at corner flag where the ball was coming in towards so mibees not best view to judge that.

Think Strachan is too negative and I'm still trying to work out the defence and wide midfield formation. Tierney and Robertson playing alongside each other with Anya exposed on the right was bizarre.

In the cold light of dawn the disappointment I feel is more to do with losing the chance to see Scotland beating England at Hampden in the flesh rather than losing ground in the qualification campaign. I doubt that the chance will come around again any time soon.

In terms of World Cup 2018, we still have a chance.

The really dodgy game is the first one in September - we must win in Lithuania.

A Slovakia v Slovenia draw then leaves us 4th and 2 points off 2nd. No winner here suits us.

We must then win our two home games against Malta and Slovakia

Other results going to form with England winning both home games and Slovenia beating Lithuania would leave us 2nd with a 2 point lead over Slovenia and 4 points ahead of Slovakia.

We would then have to get a draw in Slovenia to finish 2nd. 

All doable with 18 points giving us a decent chance not to finish bottom of 2nd place team league.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

There surely has to be better players somewhere out there 

Aye, but they're English, Spanish, German, French, Maltese, Brazilian, Turkish, Welsh and hunners more nationalities that urnae Scottish. 

We are, on the whole , pish.