Scotland Football Club

shull

Was there any credible other possibilities ? Even if McInnes has been really interested, he is not as good an option as Clarke...

Hopefully Clarke does what he did at Killie - take us from pretty low down to very much higher up...

He might need to find players with some kind of Scottish relatives or who are about to emerge...

Good luck to Clarke and let's move up the rankings . . .

Doubt it.

Very good appointment

Sadly, changes nothing. We still have piss poor players to ‘pick from’.

No passion, commitment, desire from our players. Magically injured/unavailable, turn up for their team before or after international games....... nah, changes nothing

Time to say to the players that don’t turn up for friendly games/ competitive games - see ye later , you had your chance & pick players who want to play

Today

Tierney - declares fitness for Celtic cup final

Then again unavailable for Scotland

But exactly this happened a wee while back, picking & choosing

Play for club not country then magically for club ( this time an operation after the final ) but the point remains

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Today

Tierney - declares fitness for Celtic cup final

Then again unavailable for Scotland

But exactly this happened a wee while back, picking & choosing

Play for club not country then magically for club ( this time an operation after the final ) but the point remains

Certainly sort out the the Robertson/Tierney issue

I do think in this case the lad is genuine - but then again its Celtic !!!

Certainly sort out the the Robertson/Tierney issue

I do think in this case the lad is genuine - but then again its Celtic !!!

It is genuine in so much as he needs and will get an operation

But, it’s the players being selective that bothers me

Clarke needs to nip it in the bud immediately with the players who are seemingly picking & choosing

Sadly, good management appointment but we don’t have an abundance of ‘talent’ to choose from so I guess some players will take advantage of that

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers: Scott Bain (Celtic), Liam Kelly (Livingston), David Marshall (Hull City), Jon McLaughlin (Sunderland)

Defenders: Michael Devlin (Aberdeen), Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock), Scott McKenna (Aberdeen), Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers), Stephen O'Donnell (Kilmarnock), Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), John Souttar (Heart of Midlothian), Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock)

Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton), Tom Cairney (Fulham), John McGinn (Aston Villa), Callum McGregor (Celtic), Kenny McLean (Norwich City), Scott McTominay (Manchester United), Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen)

Forwards: Eamonn Brophy (Kilmarnock), Oliver Burke (Celtic, on loan from West Brom), James Forrest (Celtic), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), Marc McNulty (Hibernian, on loan from Reading), Lewis Morgan (Sunderland, on loan from Celtic), Johnny Russell (Sporting Kansas City).

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers: Scott Bain (Celtic), Liam Kelly (Livingston), David Marshall (Hull City), Jon McLaughlin (Sunderland)

Defenders: Michael Devlin (Aberdeen), Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock), Scott McKenna (Aberdeen), Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers), Stephen O'Donnell (Kilmarnock), Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), John Souttar (Heart of Midlothian), Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock)

Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton), Tom Cairney (Fulham), John McGinn (Aston Villa), Callum McGregor (Celtic), Kenny McLean (Norwich City), Scott McTominay (Manchester United), Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen)

Forwards: Eamonn Brophy (Kilmarnock), Oliver Burke (Celtic, on loan from West Brom), James Forrest (Celtic), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), Marc McNulty (Hibernian, on loan from Reading), Lewis Morgan (Sunderland, on loan from Celtic), Johnny Russell (Sporting Kansas City).

Worst footballer in Scotland.

Is fast but so is Usain Bolt. 

Overall we look weak at the back and up front.

Midfield, IMO, looks pretty strong.

Just shows what a tough job it is trying to compete with decent football players when this is what's at your disposal. 

2 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Lot of Sevco fans up in arms that Clarke has an agenda against them by not picking any of their players

Ryan Jack might have a case but as someone pointed out midfield is the only area we are well off in

We are really shite up front though

Danny Mullen must be in with a shout

I'll "someone" ye, ya scamp. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well, tonight's the night we'll see if Clarke can do better with a pretty poor looking squad of football players, IMO.

The players, as would be expected, are saying the right things and I think Clarke will get something from them the previous manager didn't and should be enough to win tonight.

Unfortunately we play them Belgians on Tuesday, that could be a thumping. 

They play the mighty Kazakhstan tonight, 6-0 quite possible. 

Tonights game live on Sky Sports, KO 7:45. :thumbs2

As it happens, going to do something else tonight that a ‘certain’ manager suggested if we want ‘entertainment’

Off to the Cinema [emoji2]

They can change the manager as often as they like, sadly it doesn’t change what he has to pick from

1 or 2 promising individuals doesn’t a squad make

I hope Clarke at least stops the usual suspects that ‘pick n choose’ games joining the squad going forward

Scotland 4-1 Cyprus

I have just decided that I don't give a damn anymore regarding Scotland. 

They can shove their outrageous ticket prices up their gaping apertures. 

Overpriced along with shite and cheating  players. 

FECKEM 

0-0 half time.

Very poor start, after 20 minutes started to get more of the ball, as usual, final ball is woeful therefore we get no real chances.

Fraser, a wonder boy in England is as guilty as anyone for wasting any half chances.

We really need a centre forward, no one is a real danger man, the midfield are no real goal threat either.

Steve Clarke must wonder what the feck he's taken on.