Scotland Football Club

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
Scotland 8/1, Belgium 2/5 with the draw 4/1.
God knows what I'll bet on, I'll leave it till just before the game. 
I've nae money left to bet after backing Scotland in numerous options on Friday [emoji35]

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've nae money left to bet after backing Scotland in numerous options on Friday emoji35.png

I made some easy money today on Australia to win today cricket thingy.

Only odds of 1/4 but as much of a cert as I've seen for ages.

Give me a small free bet tomorrow night.

Check down the back of your sofa, you're sure to find something there........................:wink:

4 hours ago, belfast billy said:

Tonight is the night we beat the mighty Belgium a thrilling 2-0 win. All is forgiven for the feck up on Saturday and we all go home singing lovely nice wee songs

We fcuked up on Saturday as well as Friday? :lol:

It seems that you're not very good at days of the week as well as not managing to use the edit facility. :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Scotland's midfield options are decent,  unfortunately we are poor upfront and in central defence. The manager cant do anything about this if the players aren't good enough. 

I agree to an extent, but we are possibly, going by the number of players who are playing at a decent level, as good, on paper :wink:, as we've been for some years.

Also our lack of quality hasn't stopped over the top criticism for previous managers. 

Tough gig, I was surprised Clarke accepted the job TBH. 

20 minutes ago, munoz said:

Scotland's midfield options are decent,  unfortunately we are poor upfront and in central defence. The manager cant do anything about this if the players aren't good enough. 

For anyone that watched that sham on Friday would realise that the players are bottlers. 1-0 and then they go deeper and deeper, it is actually what a minnow team would do.... and after 15 minutes ?

Forrest and Fraser completely nullified , McBurnie totally isolated - where was that discussed in the tactics. Robertson also not being deployed properly mind you his Liverpool team could beat Scotland by double figures...……….

We still have far better players than ROI and NI, yet we seem to have no tactics. Clarke is 3 games in and their is clearly no bounce from the squad. I do question why Christie didn't start, I question why McGregor, Forrest and Fraser sat so deep...………..

Tonight will be a car crash and basically Belgium will decide just how many they want to win by. A nation with a smaller population than us

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

For anyone that watched that sham on Friday would realise that the players are bottlers. 1-0 and then they go deeper and deeper, it is actually what a minnow team would do.... and after 15 minutes ?

Forrest and Fraser completely nullified , McBurnie totally isolated - where was that discussed in the tactics. Robertson also not being deployed properly mind you his Liverpool team could beat Scotland by double figures...……….

We still have far better players than ROI and NI, yet we seem to have no tactics. Clarke is 3 games in and their is clearly no bounce from the squad. I do question why Christie didn't start, I question why McGregor, Forrest and Fraser sat so deep...………..

Tonight will be a car crash and basically Belgium will decide just how many they want to win by. A nation with a smaller population than us

Over twice our population DJ

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I agree to an extent, but we are possibly, going by the number of players who are playing at a decent level, as good, on paper :wink:, as we've been for some years.

Also our lack of quality hasn't stopped over the top criticism for previous managers. 

Tough gig, I was surprised Clarke accepted the job TBH. 

The players are definitely good enough to compete.

Unfortunately they lack belief in themselves and each other.

They are scared of losing.

I don't know how you fix that.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

The players are definitely good enough to compete.

Unfortunately they lack belief in themselves and each other.

They are scared of losing.

I don't know how you fix that.

Ask Steve Clarke. That's his job. I'm sure you have had to deal with the problem of taking over a talented but undetpetforming team or business and turning it around. There isn't a one size fits all remedy. It can take time and is by no means certain. My feeling is that he has a core of good players. He can do it. 

On 9/7/2019 at 8:03 AM, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, kinda glad I missed last nights game, another in a very long line of games where you get a degree of expectation only to end up with abject failure.

As has been mentioned, what's happening with Scotland when the other diddy home nation teams can consistently outperform us? 

Look at this......................not sure if I should cry or cry very hard.

Team P GD Pts
1   Northern Ireland 4 5 12
2   Germany 4 9 9
3   Netherlands 3 5 6
4   Belarus 5 -7 3
5   Estonia 4 -12 0

I know what you’re saying, but I will point out that NI’s points have come from two wins each against Estonia and Belarus. They have yet to meet either Germany or The Netherlands (tonight will be the first time).

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Surely they could just CHOOSE TO BELIEVE in themselves and each other. :whistle

That's part of the answer. It can be easier to choose the easy option and opt for lack of self, team and corporate basis. After all.. If not much is expected its easy to fulfill. 

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I know what you’re saying, but I will point out that NI’s points have come from two wins each against Estonia and Belarus. They have yet to meet either Germany or The Netherlands (tonight will be the first time).

I'm well aware who they have played and they have to play the big boys in their last 4 games.

It points out they take care of the teams they should be beating, Kazakhstan will testify we don't. 

Saying that, it's not the first time we've won against the odds. :wink:

For tonight...meh, hate seeing my two countries match up.

If I had to choose, I’d prefer a Scotland win. Belgium are already 8 points clear of 3rd, one loss shouldn’t really affect qualifying chances. Scotland are desperate now.

Even if Scotland do win, I don’t see them making the top 2. I predict that both Belgium and Russia will surpass the 20 point mark, which will comfortably see both through. Scotland’s best hope will be through the Nations League (a fall back that Belgium doesn’t currently have). While I think Scotland’s chance is gone from the main qualifying, a win either tonight or away to Russia would be a massive confidence booster. I do reckon it’s time to start observing the Bulgarians.

Either way I’m not looking forward to tonight, never have done with this fixture. Preference goes to Scotland as they need it more, but at least a Belgian win nearly secures the Euro 2020 place.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

For tonight...meh, hate seeing my two countries match up.

If I had to choose, I’d prefer a Scotland win. Belgium are already 8 points clear of 3rd, one loss shouldn’t really affect qualifying chances. Scotland are desperate now.

Even if Scotland do win, I don’t see them making the top 2. I predict that both Belgium and Russia will surpass the 20 point mark, which will comfortably see both through. Scotland’s best hope will be through the Nations League (a fall back that Belgium doesn’t currently have). While I think Scotland’s chance is gone from the main qualifying, a win either tonight or away to Russia would be a massive confidence booster. I do reckon it’s time to start observing the Bulgarians.

Either way I’m not looking forward to tonight, never have done with this fixture. Preference goes to Scotland as they need it more, but at least a Belgian win nearly secures the Euro 2020 place.

Got to say that its always a pleasure to watch top international teams perform. Even if my own team lose out. Belgium are currently the best. Unfortunately, won't be there but will catch the first hour on TV at the local pub. 4 changes to the team from Friday. 

Edited by St.Ricky