Scotland Football Club

shull

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Brown & Armstrong ruled out.

I thought prior to this that it’d be a tight game, with Scotland winning 2-1.

Whilst I get many people don’t like/rate * ( delete as appropriate ) Brown, but I think we need him in the team.

Considering downgrading prediction to score draw.

30 minutes ago, billyg said:

Fletcher and Morrison play at a higher level and can do the same job. If Scotland are depending on Scott Brown they're f**ked anyway !

While I agree Brown isn't irreplaceable people shouldn't underestimate the job he does for Celtic & Scotland.

Fletcher and Morrison do play at a higher level, and can do a job, they are not going to bring what Brown does.

I'd prefer him in the Scotland team but what will be will be. 

Edited by faraway saint

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While I agree Brown isn't irreplaceable people shouldn't underestimate the job he does for Celtic & Scotland.

Fletcher and Morrison do play at a higher level, and can do a job, they are not going to bring what Brown does.

I'd prefer him in the Scotland team but what will be will be. 

More than that with 6/7 Celts in the team. Brown is a leader and I have a feeling this will be a brawl

Huge Miss- We need someone to step up 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Fletcher and Morrison play at a higher level and can do the same job. If Scotland are depending on Scott Brown they're f**ked anyway !

Morrison has never been anywhere near as good a player as Scot Brown and while Darren Fletcher may have been he certainly isn't now. Scott Brown is the first name on the Scotland teamsheet and is a HUGE loss. Hopefully we can still do it, but our chances without him are undoubtedly  less.

I think we don’t have the same physical presence without Brown.

I agree there are people who can play his position, but nobody like him on the pitch.

Burke in the future will be a good physical presence, but until he graduates we are a bit lightweight.

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

So, Saints top of the league, all of us on here relatively happy about that.....

Anyone looking forward to this game already?

If we win, it’ll be a close win.I thought about revising my prediction to a score draw, then I got a grip.

Scotland 2-1 Slovakia

Cannie wait, MASSIVE game, still not sure we're good enough to beat this lot who, without being world beaters, are a pretty decent team.

Still, it'll be a great atmosphere and we could well do it as we've certainly picked up some form and confidence.

No prediction, just a nervous 90 minutes, soothed by vodka. 

1 minute ago, Froggie said:

Scotlands biggest game in a very long time, couldn't manage to get a ticket so will settle down to watch it on tv instead. Oh, hold on, its the England game that ScottishTV are showing. Will just have to settle for the wireless instead.

Shull will give you a wave :byebye..................................hold on, that'll not work on the wireless. 

3 hours ago, Froggie said:

Scotlands biggest game in a very long time, couldn't manage to get a ticket so will settle down to watch it on tv instead. Oh, hold on, its the England game that ScottishTV are showing. Will just have to settle for the wireless instead.

Big game for the Slovaks too remember , as shown by the fact that their support has started arriving on charter flights already. Slovak Govt Airbus just arriving as well , shows how big a deal it is for them.