Scotland Football Club

shull

7 minutes ago, God of war said:

Is it just me or does McGinn flatter to decive every time. Sticks his arse out then spins and does a dive to the ground. Brings a bit of dig but also seems miles off it.

Don't think it's fair to say every time but he blows hot and cold for Scotland for sure. Last night was probably the worst performance I've seen from him in a long time, just when we needed a big one as well. 

4 hours ago, God of war said:

Is it just me or does McGinn flatter to decive every time. Sticks his arse out then spins and does a dive to the ground. Brings a bit of dig but also seems miles off it.

McGinn should have been man marking Modric ,I feel the Manager has let down these boys ,wrong teams wrong tactics  in the Czech  and Croatia  games ,got it spot on in the England game.

5 hours ago, God of war said:

It's just you, given his performances and the interest in him from several bigger clubs.

Against Austria and Israel and Czech Republic we play one up front, then against a team who played in the world cup final 2 year ago we play two upfront,, really don't get that, this just wasn't the game to play 2 strikers, tells me it wasn't just the fans who were getting carried away.. 

McTominay in defence [caught ball watching at their first goal] when we have Gallagher, McKenna and Cooper what must these guys be thinking. 

Hitting long balls to Dykes who's first touch was shocking. Football from a bygone era,  he's not the answer he's not a goalscorer,  last 15 games nine of them we haven't scored a goal 

The manager got this game all wrong IMO 

5 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Against Austria and Israel and Czech Republic we play one up front, then against a team who played in the world cup final 2 year ago we play two upfront,, really don't get that, this just wasn't the game to play 2 strikers, tells me it wasn't just the fans who were getting carried away.. 

McTominay in defence [caught ball watching at their first goal] when we have Gallagher, McKenna and Cooper what must these guys be thinking. 

Hitting long balls to Dykes who's first touch was shocking. Football from a bygone era,  he's not the answer he's not a goalscorer,  last 15 games nine of them we haven't scored a goal 

:lol:

Given that we needed to win last night and the number of folk indicating none of our strikers are prolific I would have said it was precisely the right game to play 2 strikers?

We were in trouble when Marshall was deemed as our playmaker. We played too deep and gave their midfield too much space. Our shape and tactics were all wrong. But our manager has one way of playing and doesn't change. If plan A isn't working then its they aren't doing it well enough. Clarke made a few errors last night and was too loyal to some players who weren't doing it for him. Got to be ruthless in the management game

45 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

We were in trouble when Marshall was deemed as our playmaker. We played too deep and gave their midfield too much space. Our shape and tactics were all wrong. But our manager has one way of playing and doesn't change. If plan A isn't working then its they aren't doing it well enough. Clarke made a few errors last night and was too loyal to some players who weren't doing it for him. Got to be ruthless in the management game

It's very difficult to play further up when they have, and retain, possession so well. 

You don't take Kilmarnock to 3rd in the league if you're a one trick pony, you only need to look much closer to home to see a manager closer to that description. Clarke makes changes as much, or as quick, as any decent manager. 

These players DID it for him in getting us there and almost snatching a win against England. 

We were beaten by a better team, no doubt, and we don't have anyone who can take half chances, McGinns chance being the most glaring.

Stayed away last night as I was too ensconced in the game.

Wow!! That Renfrew156 guy is like 5 year old wean 🤣. And he appears to have a massive hard on for the TA who according to him appear to be the only set of fans who dare to enjoy themselves when they go to away games. 

Anyone thinking that just because Croatia might not be quite the team that got to the World Cup final, meant that we ought to be on a par with them is mental.

They were streets ahead of us last night.

This wasn’t your typical Scottish disaster/f**k up. We just lost to a much better team on the night.

I’m nowhere near as disappointed as I’d normally be under these circumstances. Sometimes you’ve just got to accept you’re not quite there yet.

I’ve got high hopes for our young squad and I see a bright future. At the moment we’ve got the makings of a decent side but we urgently need to fill some gaps. 

5 hours ago, StanleySaint said:
6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Given that we needed to win last night and the number of folk indicating none of our strikers are prolific I would have said it was precisely the right game to play 2 strikers?

How did it go then ? 

Are you forgetting Croatia had to win too,  we were overran in midfield where the game is won or lost at this level, it was totally naive we played right into their hands 

7 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

How did it go then ? 

Are you forgetting Croatia had to win too,  we were overran in midfield where the game is won or lost at this level, it was totally naive we played right into their hands 

^^^^^^^ The usual simpleton approach, even although we had 5 in midfield and Croatia played 4-3-3. 

What a clown. 🤡

Maybe Croatia are just a better team......................that simple enough for you? :hammer

Edited by faraway saint

^^^^^^^ The usual simpleton approach, even although we had 5 in midfield and Croatia played 4-3-3. 
What a clown. [emoji1782]
Maybe Croatia are just a better team......................that simple enough for you? :hammer

It actually went wrong because Clarke never had you, me and the Biscuit Muncher in the team.

That way nobody would feel deflated as there would have been absolutely no expectation of qualification.

The modern game is all about keeping possession, mcGinn  and to a lesser extent McTominay  struggle  with that ,but in Hendry ,Gilmour ,McGregor, Paterson,McLean ,Teirny and Nisbet and Adams  we have ability to play good football  on the ground.

Need a keeper who is also comfortable  with the ball at his feet .

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What a clown. 🤡

:lol:  Shut up you idiot, I told you you know nothing about football stick to the other threads,  Croatia played with 5 midfielders we played 3 and got steamrollered did it not register with you why David Marshall was bypassing the midfield and kept kicking up to Dykes who's 2nd touch was a tackle 

Football from a bygone era and it needs to change,

Edited by portmahomack saint

25 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

:lol:  Shut up you idiot, I told you you know nothing about football stick to the other threads,  Croatia played with 5 midfielders we played 3 and got steamrollered did it not register with you why David Marshall was bypassing the midfield and kept kicking up to Dykes who's 2nd touch was a tackle 

No they didn't and no we didn't.  :lol:

Stick to what you're good at..........................what is that exactly? :hammer

31 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Croatia line up...............if you run out of fingers give me a shout...............

image.thumb.png.f1b136eb8fc6cca6f8640d3da8c50de3.png

Scotland line up.....................

image.thumb.png.b36ee23d2ba804d2f0ac6bb0978f8aa9.png

53 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

England beat them by playing their own style, nothing close to Croatia's style. At the end of the day it comes down to one set of players being better than another.

We will never change to Croatia style of football.

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What a clown. 🤡

Nice couple of graphics you posted, if you weren't so stupid i'd tell you to check how many strikers they had on the park.. so I will tell you dafty, one striker Petkovic. and 5 midfield players, he strongest part of their team with nearly 400 caps between them,  against our 3 of McGinn Armstrong McGregor 

And now your telling us,  O'Donnell and Robertson are midfielders  :lol:   

They had 66% possession against us and totally dominated I wonder why

Against the Czech's who played 5 in midfield Croatia only had 49% that's where we had to stop them too,  The Czech's knew were their strength was..  we seemingly didn't.

The manager said sometimes you just have to put hands up, they were just better than us, they weren't better than the Czech's or England but some would say we were. 

7 hours ago, lenziebud said:

England beat them by playing their own style, nothing close to Croatia's style. At the end of the day it comes down to one set of players being better than another.

We will never change to Croatia style of football.

If that was the case we wouldn't need a coach or a manager in fact we wouldn't have a sport, of course better players matter but so does a good coach or manager if he get's his tactics right.

I'm pretty sure we beat both Celtic an Rangers last season ?  how many of our players would get in their teams  

Croatia and everyone else for that matter knew how we would lineup. and they exploited it,  

Were lucky Faraway wasn't in charge he would have played the Wembley Wizard  2 - 1 - 7 formation all out attack as we had to score  :lol: