Jump to content

Scotland Football Club - Quatar Here We Come.


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts


Azerbaijan 0 Eire 3

Well done them also.

Just need wins for England and Northern Ireland to make it a wonderful weekend of victories.

Congratulations Wales for their magical draw on Friday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watch the game in Gabriel today and the roof must have came off the building at around 6-50 pm  😂

Brilliant moment when the 3rd goal went in  :happyclapper

2 of my grandkids has Polish Blood in them, so hopefully they wont get annoy at me giving the ref verbal 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Have to say, as honking as we were in the first half, we were brilliant in the second. 
Jeezo though, that game was nae good for my high blood pressure. 

The poor bit of the 1st half was the Pen. 

Everybody in the pub knew where Dykes was going to put it [Our manger should have known the same and have someone else take it}

He been putting every pen from when he played for Livy to QPR hard down the middle. 

He got lucky against Austria, and he must have known the ex Hibs keeper would have been wise to how he take pens..

At the end of the day, who cares, Dykes did play well, and we got the result we wanted and played well for most of the game .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • shull changed the title to Faroe Islands v Scotland World Cup Qualifier 12/10/21
26 minutes ago, shull said:

Guess for Tuesday.

Faroe Islands 0 Scotland 7

:clapping

Faroes are a much better side than the fishermen of years gone by. They still lose majority of games but they are far more competitive than they used to be and are a step up from the San Marinos and Liechtensteins that they are still quite unfairly lumped in with.

Still, we'll have too much for them, 0-2 will do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Faroes are a much better side than the fishermen of years gone by. They still lose majority of games but they are far more competitive than they used to be and are a step up from the San Marinos and Liechtensteins that they are still quite unfairly lumped in with.

Still, we'll have too much for them, 0-2 will do it.

They, The Faroes, have picked up in the last 3 games, narrowly losing to Denmark and Austria while beating Moldova.

Still, we whipped them 4-0 in the home game and, as you say, we should have too much but it's football and history is littered with shocks, much bigger than this would be.

Our 2nd half performance last night was excellent, Clarke certainly done his job at half time, we were all over them from the first whistle.

Last night's result, and performance, was all we could have asked for, and Israel always give us problems.

Tuesday is all about the 3 points, get them and we will have as good as have secured 2nd spot.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

The poor bit of the 1st half was the Pen. 

Everybody in the pub knew where Dykes was going to put it [Our manger should have known the same and have someone else take it}

He been putting every pen from when he played for Livy to QPR hard down the middle. 

He got lucky against Austria, and he must have known the ex Hibs keeper would have been wise to how he take pens..

At the end of the day, who cares, Dykes did play well, and we got the result we wanted and played well for most of the game .

Good point, he certainly didn't drop out of the game and continued to put himself about and his goal wasn't as easy as it looked.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

They, The Faroes, have picked up in the last 3 games, narrowly losing to Denmark and Austria while beating Moldova.

Still, we whipped them 4-0 in the home game and, as you say, we should have too much but it's football and history is littered with shocks, much bigger than this would be.

Our 2nd half performance last night was excellent, Clarke certainly done his job at half time, we were all over them from the first whistle.

Last night's result, and performance, was all we could have asked for, and Israel always give us problems.

Tuesday is all about the 3 points, get them and we will have as good as have secured 2nd spot.

 

 

Steve Clarke reveals what he said to turn the game round against Israel.

"I told them at half time - if you do want to lose the game, you’re doing it in the perfect fashion," he tells BBC Sportsound. "The talk at half time was really just - we have to play it our way.

"We have to play with more tempo, a little bit more ambition, control the game better and we did that from the start of the second half more or less to the 96th minute.

"We got our reward."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

They, The Faroes, have picked up in the last 3 games, narrowly losing to Denmark and Austria while beating Moldova.

Still, we whipped them 4-0 in the home game and, as you say, we should have too much but it's football and history is littered with shocks, much bigger than this would be.

Our 2nd half performance last night was excellent, Clarke certainly done his job at half time, we were all over them from the first whistle.

Last night's result, and performance, was all we could have asked for, and Israel always give us problems.

Tuesday is all about the 3 points, get them and we will have as good as have secured 2nd spot.

 

 

Watching Scotland  for 60 years ,could quite easily  see us drawing  this game .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rascal said:

Historically this game has proved to be difficult. Their form has improved recently. A potential banana skin but I see us getting a win, maybe not a big win but a win none the less.

It has indeed, we've played them 10 times and not lost once. :lol:

Won 8, drawn 2, that's a real difficult set of historic results.

The last 5 games we've scored 17 goals, conceded 1.

Isn't it time your village had a vote for a new idiot? :1eye

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It has indeed, we've played them 10 times and not lost once. :lol:

Won 8, drawn 2, that's a real difficult set of historic results.

The last 5 games we've scored 17 goals, conceded 1.

Isn't it time your village had a vote for a new idiot? :1eye

 

 

Not an easy venue to win at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • shull changed the title to Scotland Football Club - Quatar Here We Come.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...