Scotland Football Club

shull

8 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

I'm going. Glad even Strachan realises its a must win cup final for us. Get intae them! Hope McGinn starts.

Me too. 

I cannae wait. 

Thr wee yin wants to draw Portugal in the Play Offs, if that's possible, so she can try get Ronaldo's autograph. 

Sad days when we are desperate for two wins just to get a play-off place ! This campaign was ruined from the very start. At half time in the Malta game, Strachan looked like he had lost the place, although we went on to undeservedly win 5-1. Next game, a last minute equaliser against Lithuania before two 0-3 tankings which sealed our fate. Strachan had already conceded the group to England before a ball was kicked, such is his deference to the country where he resides. He is also deemed to be "loyal" to certain players, particularly those referred to by the press as "tried and trusted" ( in other words complete failures) whom he consistently selects for squads, whether they are fit, in form or even playing for their (English)club sides. The fact that these players have repeatedly failed to qualify us for any tournaments seems neither here nor there to Strachan. Should anyone have the audacity to question him on any point ( not that our lily livered press would even dare), his insolent, monosyllabic replies usually engender stifled laughter from the fourth estate. Such contempt does he hold them, and the fans, in.

As for tonight, and without having prior knowledge of the team, I fear he will pick a team to try and thwart the opposition instead of going full pelt at them - something which has always been Scotlands best tactic - by using players who should not be in the team, to the exclusion of form players. I hope we manage a win but cannot see 6 points in the bag by Sunday evening. On the bright side though, it must surely mean us seeing the back of Strachan.

4 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Sad days when we are desperate for two wins just to get a play-off place ! This campaign was ruined from the very start. At half time in the Malta game, Strachan looked like he had lost the place, although we went on to undeservedly win 5-1. Next game, a last minute equaliser against Lithuania before two 0-3 tankings which sealed our fate. Strachan had already conceded the group to England before a ball was kicked, such is his deference to the country where he resides. He is also deemed to be "loyal" to certain players, particularly those referred to by the press as "tried and trusted" ( in other words complete failures) whom he consistently selects for squads, whether they are fit, in form or even playing for their (English)club sides. The fact that these players have repeatedly failed to qualify us for any tournaments seems neither here nor there to Strachan. Should anyone have the audacity to question him on any point ( not that our lily livered press would even dare), his insolent, monosyllabic replies usually engender stifled laughter from the fourth estate. Such contempt does he hold them, and the fans, in.

As for tonight, and without having prior knowledge of the team, I fear he will pick a team to try and thwart the opposition instead of going full pelt at them - something which has always been Scotlands best tactic - by using players who should not be in the team, to the exclusion of form players. I hope we manage a win but cannot see 6 points in the bag by Sunday evening. On the bright side though, it must surely mean us seeing the back of Strachan.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Quick  nip along to Erskine bridge and hop off. 

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

Wow :lol:

Choose life dude. Is it seriously worth getting this depressive over?

8 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Fletcher,Bannan and Morrison...we're f**ked

not one midfielder to run in  the box beyond the striker

bye strachan 

7 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

oh f**k....Forrest as well...he faws over the baw ffs

That's the spirit. :lol:

PS Who, exactly, would you have played rather than these 4? 

Edited by faraway saint

FWIW I'm not mad about our team without Brown but we don't have many real options.

There's only 2 changes from the team that played the last game, due to injury.

Bannon has been getting very positive reviews playing for Sheff Wed, Fletcher has tons of experience.

Easy to criticise, not many here are national football managers, I would wager.

13 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

eh?...we need to protect our defence?

McGinn sitting midfielder 

MacGregor and Anya getting in behind their defence

Aye, protect the defence.

You do know we're playing a pretty decent team?

I understand the "desire" to bomb forward but this isn't a team who are here for the taking.

They had won 5 in a row, including pumping us 3-0, before losing narrowly to England at Wembley.

I'm concerned about our defence, maybe why Strachan is packing the midfield? 

Edited by faraway saint