Scotland Football Club

shull

Just now, faraway saint said:

Superb substitutions by Strachan. If we'd drawn he would have been slaughtered,  there'sa long queue waiting for him to fail.  It's, as I've always said,  a results game. 

Roll on Sunday  no sure my kidneys will survive.  

its  my liver im worried about come sunday

Been a few cracking posts tonight, Mr Zo easily the winner. (I'll not quote it as he's normally pretty sensible)

Been a strange campaign, very poor start.

For me the points dropped at home to Slovenia and England have been damaging.

To get ourselves into this position says a lot about the manager and players.

Not easy to lift the spirits and performances but we're in with a shout. 

Can't wait till Sunday. 

Plenty of vodka and try to stay calm...................and positive. 

Looks like it was underhand tactics that led to Slovakia losing...............................I'm running out of tin foil.

Kosak (Slovakian manager) also hinted at some conspiracy theories about how events conspired against his side, although he would not expand on the specifics other than their baggage being misplaced on their arrival.

"That's how it started," he said.

"Since our arrival in Scotland, there have been too many coincidences and I'm told old to believe in coincidences."

:lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

Aye, it's ok to dream.....................

Just have a look at this mouthwatering list of possible play-off opponents should Scotland win to make it into the knock-out round...

Portugal, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Italy, Iceland, Sweden, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Wales.

id take sweden ....just for the tits :-)

Just in from the game...traffic was murder!!!

A strange old game.  A very unbalanced team with 7 left-footers in the starting 11.

67 minutes against 10 men and it just looked like we'd never break them down. Definite red card, a bad tackle on Forrest then the most blatant dive you'll see for a long time.

Their keeper had 3 outstanding saves, we hit the bar twice, people scratching their heads at the subs yet 2 of them combine and we get the winner courtesy of an OG.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Just in from the game...traffic was murder!!!

A strange old game.  A very unbalanced team with 7 left-footers in the starting 11.

67 minutes against 10 men and it just looked like we'd never break them down. Definite red card, a bad tackle on Forrest then the most blatant dive you'll see for a long time.

Their keeper had 3 outstanding saves, we hit the bar twice, people scatching their heads at the subs yet 2 of them combine and we get the winner courtesy of an OG.

Not quite sure that's an issue, as it depends on the position they play and, hopefully, players have more than one foot they can kick the ball with.

Substitutions are always up for debate, never going to keep everyone happy.

When it works, like tonight, great. If we don't win, then it's "hang the witch" time.

A very fine line for a manager, as it is when we didn't get a rub of the green against England.

Not quite sure that's an issue, as it depends on the position they play and, hopefully, players have more than one foot they can kick the ball with.
Substitutions are always up for debate, never going to keep everyone happy.
When it works, like tonight, great. If we don't win, then it's "hang the witch" time.
A very fine line for a manager, as it is when we didn't get a rub of the green against England.

Jack seems to think it is an issue.
He said the addition of McCart to the team has given us a natural balance as he is left footed, something we have lacked.

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Jack seems to think it is an issue.
He said the addition of McCart to the team has given us a natural balance as he is left footed, something we have lacked.

Ok, to slightly address this "7 players are left footed" one of them is Craig Gordon. :lol:

That takes it back to a 6/4 ratio, hardly massively imbalanced.

Some people will dig about for some sort of nonsense, like the foot a player kicks with, as it's more to do with, as I said, the position they play in.

At the end of the day, with all these left footed players, we dominated a game against a team that are more than decent.

Oh, by he way, who is Jack? :rolleyes: