Scotland Football Club

shull

On 13/10/2017 at 7:52 AM, Hambud said:

It maybe hasn't done anything to the future of the team but for me it's killed a massive part of the buzz. Which in turn reduces the hype and interest created.

Unless you have sky sports then you need to go to some effort to be able to watch the games.

If it's appearing on everyone's STV then more people would end up watching even just by chance and get excited about it.

I'm not a big fan of watching football in pubs, there are too many distractions, I'm also not a fan of watching through dodgy links as you can bet your mortgage that it will stutter/buffer/crash at the important parts.

Someone kindly mentioned Now Tv before the last game which turned out to be brilliant and I will use it again but I still think more people would get excited about it if it was easy for them to see.

In my opinion that is what SKY does to it. People have England games on in their living room in Scotland ffs!!!

Yep - Now TV is the only way to do it at the moment.

Don't like giving Sky anything but this short term / occasional partnership is just about palatable.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yes, he should, therefore no reason to discuss since you only wanted a reason if he shouldn't be.

I assume that this isn't the answer you were looking for.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Yep - Now TV is the only way to do it at the moment.
Don't like giving Sky anything but this short term / occasional partnership is just about palatable.

Yeah it's a push by, my gripe is that the nation is being force-fed the English national team matches but struggling or paying extra to see out own nation.

14 hours ago, Hambud said:

Yeah it's a push by, my gripe is that the nation is being force-fed the English national team matches but struggling or paying extra to see out own nation.

Yep. Unfortunately we are the victims of ITV having the cash and being able to outbid Sky - whereas STV are relative paupers.

On the other hand  - I guess they will have some sort of reciprocal agreement with their big brothers in London - hence the reason we get access to ITV content and therefore the England games.

14 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Pringles are doing some deal just now for Now Tv passes , not sure exactly what.

You get these deals sometimes - usually entertainment ones but sport day passes sometimes come up. I actually got a free sports day pass on a Now TV email shot once. Like I say - Now TV will do until a better deal comes along.

36 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Back on topic.

Are we all happy with Moyes. Big Sam might actually have worked for us - but I guess we will never know.

Why on earth would anyone be happy with Moyes?

If we could tempt Michael O'Neill away from Northern Ireland that would be a great appointment.  He has done a tremendous job there, often with players plying their trade in Scotland!

14 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why on earth would anyone be happy with Moyes?

If we could tempt Michael O'Neill away from Northern Ireland that would be a great appointment.  He has done a tremendous job there, often with players plying their trade in Scotland!

Personally I wouldn't mind Moyes. He had many good years at Everton working within a relatively tight budget in the Premiership.

A couple of bad gigs mean he has something to prove. A bit of a fallen star - but someone who has demonstrated good ability in the past. Anyway - its all about opinions.

O'Neill would be a great appointment but the problem is that - in an almost direct opposition to the situation to Moyes - he is a rising star - and I reckon richer options may have him in their sights. Of course if NI qualify for the World Cup it may all be moot for everyone

Guest TPAFKATS
Back on topic.
Are we all happy with Moyes. Big Sam might actually have worked for us - but I guess we will never know.

Big Sam would feck off as soon as a premier club came sniffing

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Big Sam would feck off as soon as a premier club came sniffing

Sam has already dismissed this "notion" so nothing to see here.

McLeish done pretty much that after having a very good start with the national team. 

Doubt, with MacKay being "interim" manager, there will be anybody named for quite a while.

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Sam has already dismissed this "notion" so nothing to see here.
McLeish done pretty much that after having a very good start with the national team. 
Doubt, with MacKay being "interim" manager, there will be anybody named for quite a while.

Aye big sams word is as good as his bond.

14 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Interesting idea, but he's starting to build a bit of momentum at Nantes, so can't see him coming to Scotland unfortunately, if we could afford him in the first place of course.

I wasn't aware that he got another job, back to the drawing board.

Should always pick the best Squad. 

And play the best Team while adding a new Cap or two if possible. 

New Squad has been picked. 

Why are there Aberdeen players in Squad now? 

Were they not available or good enough for previous matches ? 

Will they get dumped when Games are moved back to Hampden  and replaced with Queens Park players. 

And don't get me started on Ryan fecking Jack.

Malky Mackay  :lol:

3 hours ago, shull said:

Should always pick the best Squad. 

And play the best Team while adding a new Cap or two if possible. 

New Squad has been picked. 

Why are there Aberdeen players in Squad now? 

Were they not available or good enough for previous matches ? 

Will they get dumped when Games are moved back to Hampden  and replaced with Queens Park players. 

And don't get me started on Ryan fecking Jack.

Malky Mackay  :lol:

Its the token Sevco player as Lee Wallace is injured and Kenny Millar is 52.................. I think Jack has done really well in the 11 matches he has managed not to be sent off  in- apart from his defending that is..........

If Mackay gets the Managers job- I am supporting Iceland- spent £45 there at weekend so surely I qualify

Edited by DougJamie