Scotland Football Club

shull

We’ve got a Premiership winger Matt Ritchie, who plays for Newcastle every week not even in the squad.

Snodgrass is another Premiership regular. James Forrest scores 4 at the weekend.

Ryan Fraser another Premiership regular on the left wing. Last time out, McLeish plays him at right wing back.

McLeish ignores them all in order to fit 2 left backs into the side.... and yet neither was actually playing as an out and out left back!

We end up with Johnny Russell up front, Kevin McDonald in midfield and O’Donnell at right back.

And Souttar is shite.

When you put an idiot in charge then you end up with idiotic team selections.

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We’ve got a Premiership winger Matt Ritchie, who plays for Newcastle every week not even in the squad.

Snodgrass is another Premiership regular. James Forrest scores 4 at the weekend.

Ryan Fraser another Premiership regular on the left wing. Last time out, McLeish plays him at right wing back.

McLeish ignores them all in order to fit 2 left backs into the side.... and yet neither was actually playing as an out and out left back!

We end up with Johnny Russell up front, Kevin McDonald in midfield and O’Donnell at right back.

And Souttar is shite.

When you put an idiot in charge then you end up with idiotic team selections.

I have no idea why he doesn't switch Tierney to right back and play 4 at the back, which means Steven O'Donnell, who is limited, wouldn't be exposed.

Oh, wait. Its because he's a fud.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not entirely sure why people thought Scotland would win this one :lol:

Can see the home sides in this group racking up the wins (as is what's happened so far). If anyone can grab a point on the road that could be job done for progress.

Possibly because Albania and NI stuffed them. And they have lost their last 4 games at home. But then again they always had us on the horizon ....:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Probably as bad as we've been in s competitive game for a while.

Quite simply the players were pish poor, bad first touch, no willingness to move forward at any pace, nothing in midfield to stop them passing through us.

Said after the last game we miss Brown in midfield, Robertson was never in it yet hailed as the great hope by the rags before the last game. 

The clown that got sent off only has himself to blame, first touch like an elephant put himself under pressure.

Aye, poor doesn't cover it. 

But wait.

Didn't you predict an easy win as Israel were Sxxxe? 

How well did Israel play?

You'll be glad you didn't bet on the game!

Edited by St.Ricky

I have no idea why he doesn't switch Tierney to right back and play 4 at the back, which means Steven O'Donnell, who is limited, wouldn't be exposed.
Oh, wait. Its because he's a fud.

Yip.

Wide players is one area where we do actually have a number of top quality players, Forrest, Fraser, Snodgrass, Ritchie, Phillips, even Burke in the U21s.

Yet he’s dropped them all just so he can shoehorn Tierney into a 3 man central defence, a position he doesn’t even play in regularly!

And that means that Robertson is playing wing back, again, a position he doesn’t normally play!

As you say, play Tierney at right back. Most wingers cut inside these days anyway. It will suit him!

On 9/10/2018 at 8:56 PM, faraway saint said:

They seem to pass/run through us very easily.

We don't have a player, or two, that can break up play.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:03 PM, faraway saint said:

Not impressed with O'Donnell at right back, looks limited to me.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:04 PM, faraway saint said:

Souttar looks mince as well.

Our defence is wide open to a decent team IMO. 

My observations from the Albania game.

Aye, the set up/manager deserves some criticism but FFS the standard of football from the players is really woeful. 

We made a poor side look half decent, they deserved the win by some margin, shows how poor we are.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

My observations from the Albania game.

Aye, the set up/manager deserves some criticism but FFS the standard of football from the players is really woeful. 

We made a poor side look half decent, they deserved the win by some margin, shows how poor we are.

Beforehand you described them as Shxte and ridiculed anyone who considered they might constitute a tougher opponent away from Hampden than Albania had been.

Did you watch Red Bull Saltzburg before you came to that opinion.  Their striker,  an Israeli,  scored twice and looked terrific. 

At least give Israel due credit.  They dominated the game.  Over 20 shots at goal with many on target requiring good saves.  We had a handful with 2 on target,  One was a penalty. 

They look like a side which is improving under their new coach. 

Gutted. All pre match confidence gone due to the majority of that performance.

The same 11 starters bossed Albania last month so I’ve no idea why we were so inept for most of that game last night.

Home win and away draw for our remaining two games should be enough but confidence is not high.

Thank goodness i didn’t cough up for that friendly on Sunday. Will be a struggle to watch it on TV.

46 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Gutted. All pre match confidence gone due to the majority of that performance.

The same 11 starters bossed Albania last month so I’ve no idea why we were so inept for most of that game last night.

Home win and away draw for our remaining two games should be enough but confidence is not high.

Thank goodness i didn’t cough up for that friendly on Sunday. Will be a struggle to watch it on TV.

Aye, much more down to our performance that theirs. 

Only our goalie came out with any credit. 

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The thing is as well, not only were Tierney & Robertson effectively both out position in order to accommodate both, it meant that most of the team was out of position.

None of the players last night play in a 3-5-2 formation with their clubs.

Unless you have great players the best way to grind out results is 4-4-2 Players understand it. 

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

Unless you have great players the best way to grind out results is 4-4-2 Players understand it. 

Yeh, or 4-4-1-1

Just play as many players in the position they usually play or a position they know.

For Portugal, I'd go:

McGregor - Tierney, Souttar, McKenna, Robertson - Forrest, McTominay, McGinn, McGregor - Snodgrass - McBurnie

I'd also have Ritchie back in the squad.

Souttar wouldn't be my first choice at centre half mind you. Not a popular choice but I'd have Grant Hanley back in but he's injured just now. Another possibility is Leeds' Cooper but he's left sided.