Scotland Football Club

shull

Did anyone else consider as they watched those two France goals being disallowed last night that it could cost Scotland? I know after the first game it’s hard to see us getting any points, but had Germany lost 3-0 last night and then lost to Portugal by a goal or two, it would be pretty impossible for them to qualify as a best third place.
These are the daft things we need to consider now with these tournament rules. 

It’s not as easy to predict the score for this game as you’d think.

We didn’t play bad again the Czech team and the keeper going walkabout put the nail in the coffin.

Plenty of positives though in that game

I think Gordon will start and Adams

Head says England 3-0 Scotland , however, we are so unpredictable and could just as easily win this ( contradiction alert ) England 1-2 Scotland

Truthfully can’t narrow down my prediction to one or the other

Time will tell, but let’s be honest, Elvis will first [emoji2]

11 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

It’s not as easy to predict the score for this game as you’d think.

We didn’t play bad again the Czech team and the keeper going walkabout put the nail in the coffin.

Plenty of positives though in that game

I think Gordon will start and Adams

Head says England 3-0 Scotland , however, we are so unpredictable and could just as easily win this ( contradiction alert ) England 1-2 Scotland

Truthfully can’t narrow down my prediction to one or the other

Time will tell, but let’s be honest, Elvis will first emoji2.png

Easy to forget after the result, but we did play well, enough to get at least a draw on another day.

England, an early 20 minute spell apart, were not great.

It's a game we need something from, let's hope we don't go behind.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Did anyone else consider as they watched those two France goals being disallowed last night that it could cost Scotland? I know after the first game it’s hard to see us getting any points, but had Germany lost 3-0 last night and then lost to Portugal by a goal or two, it would be pretty impossible for them to qualify as a best third place.
These are the daft things we need to consider now with these tournament rules. 

Not really because I'm not thinking about finishing third.

I'm thinking about us beating both England and Croatia and then it doesn't matter what other teams do.

If you want to talk about 3rd place, 4 points would certainly see us through IMO.

Funnily enough, we could win our last 2 games and still finish 3rd.

A narrow win for Croatia over the Czech Republic absolutely helps our cause if we want to secure 2nd place.

Realistically, if we lose tomorrow it's curtains but I don't think we will.

Edited by oaksoft

I would go for 2 up front with Adams and Nisbet and just go for it. If we try and be defensive, that will play into England's hands. I hope we beat them as I won't stop going on about it at work, I'm the only Scot in the depot.
And if we lose you say "imagine only being able to score {insert number here} against us, we're shite".

25 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:
I would go for 2 up front with Adams and Nisbet and just go for it. If we try and be defensive, that will play into England's hands. I hope we beat them as I won't stop going on about it at work, I'm the only Scot in the depot.

And if we lose you say "imagine only being able to score {insert number here} against us, we're shite".

@Slarti have you been in our mess room when I'm having a good rant????😂😂😂

I would go -
Gordon
Mctominay Hanley Tierney
Patterson Mcginn Gilmour Turnbull Robertson
Adams & Nisbet.

I would prefer Mctominay in a more advanced midfield Role but Clarke sees him as a defender or defensive midfielder so may as well put him in defence our 2 best defenders imo (Cooper & Tierney unfortunately play same position).

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I would go -
Gordon
Mctominay Hanley Tierney
Patterson Mcginn Gilmour Turnbull Robertson
Adams & Nisbet.

I would prefer Mctominay in a more advanced midfield Role but Clarke sees him as a defender or defensive midfielder so may as well put him in defence our 2 best defenders imo (Cooper & Tierney unfortunately play same position).

I doubt, and hope Gordon isn't between the sticks, not nearly commanding enough.

Marshal has been, despite getting caught out last Monday, a safer stronger keeper.

I agree on McTominay, has more to offer in a more attacking role, probably only see him in the position if we're chasing the game. 

This team looks more likely to me.......................

Marshall; Hendry, Hanley, Tierney; Forrest, McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Robertson; Dykes, Adams.

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not really because I'm not thinking about finishing third.

I'm thinking about us beating both England and Croatia and then it doesn't matter what other teams do.

If you want to talk about 3rd place, 4 points would certainly see us through IMO.

Funnily enough, we could win our last 2 games and still finish 3rd.

A narrow win for Croatia over the Czech Republic absolutely helps our cause if we want to secure 2nd place.

Realistically, if we lose tomorrow it's curtains but I don't think we will.

You’re going to need to talk me through how that’s possible???