Scotland Football Club

shull

How is the draw done for playoffs. Is it based on FIFA rankings?
Can we offer Rod Stewart to do the draw? [emoji23] [emoji481] 
I read through it today, not straightforward but I THINK we are seeded, although, as you can see, at this stage I wouldn't like to pick any team. 
Was reading a thing on Sunday about this. As you say, we will probably be seeded. There are also two teams from the Nations League thingy that go into the playoffs and one if them is likely to be Austria (apparently). The seeding is done on the group performance. Chances are we will still be against teams that are ranked higher than us, though.

This is from wiki:
Play-off stage: The 10 group runners-up would be joined by the best 2 Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group. These 12 teams will be drawn into three play-off paths, playing two rounds of single-match play-offs (semi-finals and finals, with the home teams to be drawn), with the 3 path winners qualifying for the World Cup.

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Was reading a thing on Sunday about this. As you say, we will probably be seeded. There are also two teams from the Nations League thingy that go into the playoffs and one if them is likely to be Austria (apparently). The seeding is done on the group performance. Chances are we will still be against teams that are ranked higher than us, though.

This is from wiki:
Play-off stage: The 10 group runners-up would be joined by the best 2 Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group. These 12 teams will be drawn into three play-off paths, playing two rounds of single-match play-offs (semi-finals and finals, with the home teams to be drawn), with the 3 path winners qualifying for the World Cup.

^^^^^^ Just bust my head. 😂

• shull changed the title to Moldova v Scotland World Cup Qualifier 12/11/21

Depends on a lot of results over the last 2 round of fixtures for the seedings so hard to predict. 

We currently sit in a seeding position but I suspect we will end up needing a point from the Denmark game to be seeded in the end.  (If we manage to secure 2nd place that is) 

There’s a table here: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

Depends on a lot of results over the last 2 round of fixtures for the seedings so hard to predict. 

We currently sit in a seeding position but I suspect we will end up needing a point from the Denmark game to be seeded in the end.  (If we manage to secure 2nd place that is) 

There’s a table here: 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

So, assuming we get 2nd and we lose to Denmark, we will be on the same points as just now (14) for the seeding rankings as the points against Moldiva won't count.

Can't be arsed checking the points gained against the lowest ranked teams in the other 6 team groups or who has still to play who, so you may be right about needing to get a point against Denmark to ensure seeding.

To be fair though, there really isn't any other playoff team we could be "sure" of beating, so we just need to take who we get, seeded or otherwise, and get on with it.

19 hours ago, Slash said:

I really should skip your comments. Perhaps it’s best that you find a different hobby. 

Probably best to just put me on ignore. Anyway, regarding the game, I couldn’t stay up to watch last night and thought I’d try I player today. No coverage,lol. Don’t think I missed much anyway.The six points gained might edge Scotland into a play off position, so who knows they may qualify for the finals. Need a change of personnel if the do, mind. 

13 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Probably best to just put me on ignore. Anyway, regarding the game, I couldn’t stay up to watch last night and thought I’d try I player today. No coverage,lol. Don’t think I missed much anyway.The six points gained might edge Scotland into a play off position, so who knows they may qualify for the finals. Need a change of personnel if the do, mind. 

lol indeed. :lol:

So, after the dust has settled our record of only losing one game from 8 is very satisfying, especially after the disappointment of the Euros.

Our slow start is a concern, the first half against Denmark was abysmal, and the last couple of games not much better.

On the plus side the manager and players deserve great credit for the turn around in the second half of the three games mentioned above. 

We've managed to turn games that we would have drawn previously into wins, a massive difference in our confidence and points tally.

Friday 12th November, can't wait. :happyclapper

On 10/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, Maboza said:

There’s a table here: 

It doesn't matter how the team has played before. Statistics are not predictive. But the strength of the Scottish team is much greater than Moldova, because the level of soccer in general is higher. Therefore, in the Moldova-Scotland match the score will be either 0-3 or 1-3. But I could be wrong, don't listen to me 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, faraway saint said:

:byebye

If we win tonight and draw with Moldova we would only have to draw with Denmark as we've a better "head to head" with both Israel and Austria. 

image.png.e8a49e6a451aaacd077013fa1ed026a2.png

45 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

We will draw and it will be down to Denmark where we will draw again ,glorious failure as usual

I did try to draw your attention to this some time ago.

What a laugh you would be at a night oot. 😂