Scotland Football Club

shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

We don't need a permanent Manager.

Domestic fixtures are cancelled during International breaks.

For example, let Alex Neil and his assistant remain employed by Preston but both could manage Scootland during these International breaks.

And during the Season we could have umpteen " Scouts " keeping an eye on Scottish players in form.

Don't see a problem and could work.

I am gay by the way to the Madness thread :P

Our form suffered on Saturday. 

Our Form was woeful in the Irn Bru Cup 

Our form has been poor many times over the decades. 

And all those form moments no Saints Manager was the Scotland Boss. 

Our form may vastly improve. 

Anyway, I never mentioned Jack Ross although it wouldn't bother me. 

22 hours ago, Drew said:

Michael O'Neil knocks back Scotland job.

Shambles.

<_<

Regan and McRae and co, should fall on their swords, what a bunch of fannies they are,  this appointment was never going to happen,  can you imagine the meltdown if a successful Scotland manager was to leave his job to take on the England job or any other national team for that matter, what a slap in the coupon that would be to your country, they have no sense of reality,  and now will big Alex McLeish be regretting his decision to turn his back on Scotland for the footballing giant Birmingham city ?? I hope he is ... but then again when fuds are in charge

4 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Regan and McRae and co, should fall on their swords, what a bunch of fannies they are,  this appointment was never going to happen,  can you imagine the meltdown if a successful Scotland manager was to leave his job to take on the England job or any other national team for that matter, what a slap in the coupon that would be to your country, they have no sense of reality,  and now will big Alex McLeish be regretting his decision to turn his back on Scotland for the footballing giant Birmingham city ?? I hope he is ... but then again when fuds are in charge

I am fed up hearing about poor Stewart Reagan and the fkwits at the SFA.... this is embarrassing , and the SFA have been out priced, outthought and out bid here. Strachan, although  not everyone's cup of tea, unbeaten in 7, loses his job. there is no plan B, no replacement

They then put that prat McKay in charge for one game,  who then picks but doesn't play potential, and again they look stupid, when they say " You cant have job". They then arrange friendlies when Celtic will be trying to qualify for CL, SO THAT WILL BE A WASTED EXERCISE

We wonder why we have these muppets. The fannies that knocked back SKY to go with Setanta,  the Sevco fiasco, the lack of support for teams in Europe....... the Colts in the Irn Bru diddy cup.........

Never mind a manager----- Get some Brains in at the SFA ( Not a think tank) and get the basics right.......................

Fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Really? 

Well I think they'll need to sweeten the financial pot more to land anyone of note given the fact they've made it a "buyer's market" by their stupidity in declaring the only target before ensuring he actually really wanted the job.

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Well I think they'll need to sweeten the financial pot more to land anyone of note given the fact they've made it a "buyer's market" by their stupidity in declaring the only target before ensuring he actually really wanted the job.

Well, I don't think they will need to sweeten any pot, the offer will be in the same region as O'Neil was offered.

I also don't buy they were stupid as they went for him and he had shown initial interest.

This happens quite regularly, team, club or national, talk to a possible candidate and sometimes it doesn't happen.

Stupidity? Aye, if ye like. 

Sounds like any excuse to have a pop at the people behind the scenes when you don't know the fatcs.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well, I don't think they will need to sweeten any pot, the offer will be in the same region as O'Neil was offered.

I also don't buy they were stupid as they went for him and he had shown initial interest.

This happens quite regularly, team, club or national, talk to a possible candidate and sometimes it doesn't happen.

Stupidity? Aye, if ye like. 

Sounds like any excuse to have a pop at the people behind the scenes when you don't know the fatcs.

Many teams have shortlists. Only one I can recall had such a short shortlist and announced it to the world at large without knowing if the individual actually really wanted it. And that mob ended up with an intermediate coach who, I'll wager, has more influence than the club were comfortable with him having.

It's baffling that the SFA are getting so much stick over this. They asked a guy currently in another job if he was interested in their job and he said no thanks. It's a non story.

And not uncommon either. Didn't Gordon Scott meet with Billy Davies before appointing Jack Ross? Didn't Dundee ask to speak to Jack Ross before appointing McCann. Are these boards embarrassing, incompetent, clueless, a shambles etc because that? No, they aren't.

7 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

It's baffling that the SFA are getting so much stick over this. They asked a guy currently in another job if he was interested in their job and he said no thanks. It's a non story.

And not uncommon either. Didn't Gordon Scott meet with Billy Davies before appointing Jack Ross? Didn't Dundee ask to speak to Jack Ross before appointing McCann. Are these boards embarrassing, incompetent, clueless, a shambles etc because that? No, they aren't.

:clapping

Don't normally post on this thread but according to the BBC Sport website he was being asked to take a £200k/year paycut! :o

Small wonder he turned it down! :ph34r:

In making a little go an awfully long way, O'Neill looked ideal for Scotland.

The SFA quickly made him its number one choice and set about trying to put together an offer that might get him. That task was made harder - and as it turned out, impossible - by the IFA's decisive move. On top of the two years O'Neill had to serve on his existing contract it added another four years, making a total of six. And it shot his salary up to somewhere approaching the eye-watering figure of £800,000 a year.

Regan had his hands full to compete with that. There was resistance within the association to them even trying that hard. The chief executive had to fight, and win, a few battles in order to get to the point whereby his board would agree to pay £500,000 in compensation to release O'Neill from his contract and about £600,000 in salary for four years. On top of that there were other incentives in the event of Scotland qualifying for a major championship.

It was the biggest offer ever made to a prospective Scotland manager.

O'Neill knew this offer was coming. It had been the talk of the media for weeks, if not months. He was surprised it took Regan so long to contact him - he was, perhaps, unaware of the hoops Regan had to jump through first - but he was open-minded to the idea.

He could see the appeal of the Scotland job. Lots more players than Northern Ireland, lots of players playing at a higher level, lots of younger players coming through. He greatly valued what he had with Northern Ireland but knew that repeating the success he had previously was only going to get harder as some of his go-to men retired from the international game.

He was prepared to listen to Scotland, but never said one way or another whether he was going to accept the offer. He was genuinely torn.

There were a number of barriers that proved insurmountable to him. The financial disparity between what he had on the table from the IFA and what the SFA was offering was significant. As good as the SFA offer was - and as hard as Regan tried in putting it together - he was being asked to accept a job that involved taking a sizeable pay cut.

Nations League draw has thrown up a couple of beatable (albeit very unglamourous) teams - Albania and Israel

I personally cant be bothered with friendlies - so am really looking forward to this.

If we come top of our three team group we go into a four team play off with similar level teams  - with the winner getting a Euro 2020 spot

A great second chance for us perpetual chokers and a bit more competitive action for fans that enjoy watching the team.

I think this tournament could be a winner

Scott Gemmill ?

I am pretty sure the BBC make this up as they go along

I was actually trying to think of any manager that I want in the gig?  Love to see qualifications now?

SCOTLAND MANAGER @ pertemps.com

Required immediately ,experience preferable, but not essential. Travel may be involved, but pretty sure it wont be Mexico or Peru this year.

A can do attitude is optional, however a qualification in Genetic Engineering is essential  

Salary - Less than your on probably

Please apply to SFA- Geez a job website.........