Scotland Football Club

shull

1 minute ago, guinness said:

Finally looks like a win but jeez it has been dire. All about results I suppose.

At this stage it is all about results, our performance has been inconsistent.

Said it earlier, we don't have a player who can break things up, we don't have a leader, Robertson isn't that type IMO.

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Rave reviews on BBC Radio on John McGinn

Perhaps but could also have cost us 2 goals (and would have against better team) with 2  slack passes. But as usual you get 100% drive and commitment as he wins tackles all over the park

Still learning at this level but I have no doubt will improve by cutting out the errors.

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

When the manager starts with Jonny Russell and leaves a Premiership forward like Snodgrass on the bench then you know that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

I wouldn’t open my curtains to watch this shite playing in my back garden.

Your curtains are stuck together ya manky b'strd.  :lol:

40 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

When the manager starts with Jonny Russell and leaves a Premiership forward like Snodgrass on the bench then you know that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Souttar and O’Donnell in defence? Jesus Christ. f**k me. What a joke.

I wouldn’t open my curtains to watch this shite playing in my back garden.

So who do you have playing on the right side of a back three then smartarse?

Just back from game - wasteful in the first half but overall dominated play the whole match. We were a bit fragmented from time to time and sometimes scared to shoot which was a bit frustrating but would have been robbed if we hadn’t got three points.

The Nations League is our best chance to qualify for Euro 2020 - so this was an important result and a great start.

9 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

So who do you have playing on the right side of a back three then smartarse?

I couldn't give 2 fcuks who plays on the right hand side of a back 3!

My point is that Souttar & O'Donnell are nowhere near international class. If they are indeed the best we have then we are totally shite..... and that is why I wouldn't open my sticky curtains to watch them!

This thread is a f**king embarrassment. No wonder we became the first country ever to reject independence when we are populated by such a bunch of self loathing cunts.

we just comfortably disposed of a country who have qualified for a major tournament a damn sight more recently than we have and who have given plenty of decent team a hard time, yet it seems the vast majority on here sound like old firm, entitled twats.

I f**king despair.

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This thread is a f**king embarrassment. No wonder we became the first country ever to reject independence when we are populated by such a bunch of self loathing cunts.

we just comfortably disposed of a country who have qualified for a major tournament a damn sight more recently than we have and who have given plenty of decent team a hard time, yet it seems the vast majority on here sound like old firm, entitled twats.

I f**king despair.

Albania hadn't won a game for almost a year until they beat Israel, currently ranked 93rd in the world. :blink:

If you watched the game they were poor, although they did cause us a few problems.

We were the better side but some of our play was piss poor.

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I f**king despair.

Correct. 

A win in the first competitive match under the manager. 

The stats show massive superiority. 

Can we still improve? The manager,  players and fans all know the answer. 

Of course we can but job done. 

Well done Scotland. 

A win is a win- look what happened to England when the managed to beat Panama, Tunisia and a weakened Columbia , and a crap Sweden................. its all about winning

We are very fragile, we have call offs, and an SFA that seem hell bent on getting us glamour fixtures to make money. As per no consideration to the feel good and working together

We are unbeaten in 7 competitive matches, England have lost last 3, and the other Home nations have lost their last  games...........

Reasons to be cheerful not really but at least we might build some momentum now

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Albania hadn't won a game for almost a year until they beat Israel, currently ranked 93rd in the world. :blink:

If you watched the game they were poor, although they did cause us a few problems.

We were the better side but some of our play was piss poor.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Correct. 

A win in the first competitive match under the manager. 

The stats show massive superiority. 

Can we still improve? The manager,  players and fans all know the answer. 

Of course we can but job done. 

Well done Scotland. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Next up Israel, Thursday October 11th, beat this lot and we'll be sitting pretty.

Got to be confident as Albania beat them and they have only won 1 game from their last 9. 

Again, at this stage, win, that's all thanks. 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

A win is a win- look what happened to England when the managed to beat Panama, Tunisia and a weakened Columbia , and a crap Sweden................. its all about winning

We are very fragile, we have call offs, and an SFA that seem hell bent on getting us glamour fixtures to make money. As per no consideration to the feel good and working together

We are unbeaten in 7 competitive matches, England have lost last 3, and the other Home nations have lost their last  games...........

Reasons to be cheerful not really but at least we might build some momentum now

This is more like it!!:thumbs2

Looking back my 1am post seems a trifle ranty and over the top but my general point still stands. That negative Scottish attitude gets my goat. 

I thought last night was a really positive performance. As ever we gave ourselves a few hairy moment with sloppy passing but in reality MacGregor had to make one save of any note. Scotland on he other hand totally dominated the game, created umpteen chances and with better finishing or less last ditch defending by Albania we would have won even more comfortably than we did.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Looking back my 1am post seems a trifle ranty and over the top by my general point still stands. That negative Scottish attitude gets my goat. 

I thought last night was a really positive performance. As ever we gave ourselves a few hairy moment with sloppy passing but it reality MacGregor has to make one save of any note. Scotland on he other hand totally dominated the game, created umpteen chances and with better finishing or less last ditch defending by Albania we would have one even more comfortably than we did.

Get away. :wink:

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Next up Israel, Thursday October 11th, beat this lot and we'll be sitting pretty.

Got to be confident as Albania beat them and they have only won 1 game from their last 9. 

Again, at this stage, win, that's all thanks. 

I'll be there and really looking forward to it, tying it in with a couple of days in Tel Aviv and some time in Jerusalem.

Fancy us for a win over there but certainly a must not lose!!

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Looking back my 1am post seems a trifle ranty and over the top by my general point still stands. That negative Scottish attitude gets my goat. 

I thought last night was a really positive performance. As ever we gave ourselves a few hairy moment with sloppy passing but it reality MacGregor has to make one save of any note. Scotland on he other hand totally dominated the game, created umpteen chances and with better finishing or less last ditch defending by Albania we would have one even more comfortably than we did.

25 shots at Goal to 6 is a bit of a doing.....................

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Looking back my 1am post seems a trifle ranty and over the top but my general point still stands. That negative Scottish attitude gets my goat. 

I thought last night was a really positive performance. As ever we gave ourselves a few hairy moment with sloppy passing but in reality MacGregor had to make one save of any note. Scotland on he other hand totally dominated the game, created umpteen chances and with better finishing or less last ditch defending by Albania we would have won even more comfortably than we did.

Just had to edit the above for absolutely atrocious grammar. Unfortunately it’s preserved forever by the swines that quoted me! :hammer