Scotland Football Club

shull

Clarke has selected 10 players from leagues which are not playing at present, including at least three who are not even Scottish. Changes were certainly needed after the shambles on Friday but if this doesn’t work out - by that I mean a victory - then unless SC has the shamelessness of a government minister, I would expect him to stand down or if not, be removed from the position. Just to remind everyone, it’s a league selection they are playing. Radio commentary for me and possibly the tv highlights later.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t care what anyone says. At any sort of remotely decent standard, Kenny McLean is a poor player. 

Agree 100%

He is way out of his depth in international football. 

A half-decent Scottish Premier league/English Championship player at best. 

Clarke is proving to be a stubborn sod! I can't believe he went with 3 at the back again.  Especially with McTominay there. He should be in midfield and we should be playing a flat back four of Robertson, Cooper, McKenna and Palmer. 

Having said that, my preference of a back four going forward would be........ 

Robertson Tierney Cooper Palmer

Edited by Prague Buddie

1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

Are you watching the game or just looking at stats? 

Anyhow, it should be remembered this is a reserves side and we won't get a better chance of 3 away points.

I said on Friday we keep possession well but are too slow.

Penalty for us, amazing as we're well behind on corners. :lol:

1-2, get in there. 

Should win comfortably now. They look tired. Well taken penalty. If we can score another we should be fine. Still think we require to improve a lot in the future. Still a number of games coming up so they might get a rhythm going.

If we were playing the Czech A team tonight, we would have got smashed. 

Our defence was all over the place. McTominay is never a centre half and Robertson is better in a back four. 

McLean is way out of his depth. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad let alone the starting X1.

Going forward we offered very little over both games. Maybe it was a little to do with how unbalanced the team looked because of playing 3 at the back. We can only hope Billy Gilmour pushes on and the Thumb gets back in form. Maybe even the lad Hornby at Reims. 

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

Firstly, yes I did.

Secondly, read previous posts before you attempt to join in a football thread.

Thirdly, you preach all sorts of "positive" shite after, seemingly watching St Mirren, slavering over plenty of equally dross performances.

Fourthly, the first 50 minutes were not embarrassing, did you WATCH the whole game and if so how did you manage it, as you don't have a TV and no access to Sky sports? 

Fifthly, stay out of football threads, your attempts to win favour posting soundbites are embarrassing. 

That's enough, for now. :byebye

How did I watch the game without Sky Sports and a TV.

By the magic of hesgoal and the internet. Are you still paying for live sport?  Ha ha....Oh my aching sides. 

36 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Enjoy watching on your laptop, them miniature players are always a hoot.

I watched on my 55" TV and I DON'T pay for Sky TV.

Oh my, what a silly billy. :lol:

Oxter’s still right, though.  He DID watch the match, despite you accusing him of not doing so.

No doubt, yours IS bigger than his, but that’s still little to boast about.

I’m sure Scotland would have been no more impressive even on CinemaScope.