Scotland Football Club

shull

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That was a decent performance tonight. It’s been a while since I said that.

Still lack a punch, but comfortably the better team throughout and for once looked solid in defence too.

Credit where credit’s due. 

Agree with this 100%. It was a very decent performance. 

That was as solid a performance from a Scotland team as I have seen in years. No thrills and got the job done. I would take that every time. 

Agree with this 100%. It was a very decent performance. 
That was as solid a performance from a Scotland team as I have seen in years. No thrills and got the job done. I would take that every time. 

Exactly what I expected from Stevie Clarke. Wee Craigie Broon was criticized for the same thing.
Decades later, he might just get the credit he deserved.

Aye, amazing what a win can do for confidence.

The first half was poor, not a shot on target but the 2nd half was much improved.

It should be remembered Slovakia "nil" are not much of a team.

The next game is probably make or break, the Czech's will be after revenge after we beat their reserve side last month. 

A draw could be enough to hold them off, a win and we'll be in a great position. 

We'll still have 2 away games after this weeks game, one game at a time. 

image.png.c3ec57958af5cc29177908c6b96cfa85.png

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It should be remembered Slovakia "nil" are not much of a team.

We are in NO position to be talking about any other team in these terms.

It was a good win against a good enough side. End of story.

Let's not forget that this side has qualified twice for major finals since we last turned up.

There's no need to be putting "aye buts" next to any game we win.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

We are in NO position to be talking about any other team in these terms.

It was a good win against a good enough side. End of story.

Let's not forget that this side has qualified twice for major finals since we last turned up.

There's no need to be putting "aye buts" next to any game we win.

I think you'll find they have not won a game in almost a year so I think, while we are not a top class side, we should be looking to beat a team that can't score a goal when we're at home.

Qualification for previous tournaments means nothing as we used to do that on a regular basis, it's about the present squads. 

👋👋👋

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think you'll find they have not won a game in almost a year so I think, while we are not a top class side, we should be looking to beat a team that can't score a goal when we're at home.

Qualification for previous tournaments means nothing as we used to do that on a regular basis, it's about the present squads. 

👋👋👋

Who cares FFS.

We won another game. Can you not just enjoy it without the "aye buts"? You really are a miserable old bugger. 😃

Still a chance we could be playing the reserve side on Wednesday............................

The Czech Republic have named a 32-man "reserve" squad for Wednesday's Nations League tie in Scotland - in case their regular players are again ruled out because of coronavirus.

The Czechs have 18 players for Sunday's tie away to Israel after three tested positive and two others were ruled out.

The squad will travel to Prague on Monday to be tested again.

Scotland beat a new Czech side in Olomouc last month after the hosts were hit by a Covid-19 outbreak.