Scotland Football Club

shull

28 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

McBurnie needs to take these chances, why did he take a touch ?  he wont get better chances at this level 

Unfortunately he did with that header and still missed :( 

Player completely lacking confidence, he's getting in all the right areas, just needs a goal and can see the floodgates opening for him. Unfortunate the stick he gets from some Scotland fans, reminds me a lot of Junior at St Mirren.

Edited by bazil85

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, could have had 2 or 3 goals TBH.

We'll score IMO, at least 1.

McBurnie & Palmer should have scored, and Arnstrong's was a decent chance.

At least we're creating chances.

You'd imagine that Griffiths or Shankland would have taken at least one of the chances.

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He's struggling, no doubt, but it should be noted he slotted his penalty away last week.

Put simply Dykes is better, and thank god he made that change to us..... he is no loan striker though and Clarke should have played 2 upfront see if we can forge another partnership, like most who play upfront a goal could change anything but it cant just be luck that Dykes has won every game, and McBurnie has pretty much lost every game he started.... don't wish ill on the lad and hope he turns it around, but as I said in another post, Fraser Hornby should be given a chance also

Oh, as I've been critical, fairly, I should also mention McLean had a good game yesterday, more involved, passed forward a few more times than normal.

He is talented, just seems to lack belief or desire to really hurt teams and hides far to often for me. 

Anyhow, roll on Wednesday, although we always seem to struggle against Israel.

WE really need to win, if we lost again the previous 9 would be easily forgotten and the wolves who are after Clarke would be back in force. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, Yflab said:

I must admit I had the fear watching him take his penalty. He took it well and he may well become a major player for us in the future so I won’t give up hope, but then I’m the eternal optimist.

Swansea bought him for £250,000 and sold him for £17.5M. Damn fine business for Swansea if you ask me. His scoring record for Sheffield Utd is woeful too.

Last season he scored 6 from 40, no great but not "woeful".

This season 0 from 8, reflected in that Sheffield have dropped the level they were managing last season and are sitting rock bottom.

He's no confidence, like you say he could turn the corner but the knives are out, and the longer it goes on, well, we all know where that will end.

For Scotland's sake it would be great if he could get his scoring boots back into gear.