Scotland Football Club

shull

21 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Incredibly Sheffield Utd scored 39 goals and finished 9th last season.

Bournemouth scored 40 goals and got relegated. Sheffield had a good defence and were a bit of a surprise package. If he can’t find the back of the net soon they will go down with a whimper. He was their record signing. I’m sorry but 6 goals for a striker costing that much IMHO is woeful. 

One of his predecessors was a certain Jimmy Bone who managed 9 goals in 31 games for the Blades before Celtic signed him.

Like you I hope McBurnie does sort himself out - on and off the park. We need all the strikers scoring goals for clubs and country in the lead up to the EUROs.

Joint top scorer last season.

image.png.d906e1c671609a3400a60e18855a94cf.png

Comparing Bone is a pointless comparison, so I won't even try to dismiss that one. 

14 hours ago, antrin said:

Probably, like me, Stevie Clarke would have to google him?

All you’re doing there antrin is showing your ignorance of our. current international set up. Hornby is a key part of our U21 side that is one win tomorrow night away from qualifying for the Euro finals.

However.......

14 hours ago, DougJamie said:

He scores lots of goals for U21s,,,

McBurnie may have to google goals though :whistle

Dougie, you do realise that Hornby has barely kicked a ball for Reims this season. He’s been an unused sub in almost all of their games. And let’s not overplay his scoring exploits at U21 level. Yes he recently became our highest scoring player at that level with 10 goals, but 6 of them were hat tricks against San Marino and Andorra. He’s definitely got some potential but can’t possibly be considered for the first team until he’s playing regularly at club level. 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

All you’re doing there antrin is showing your ignorance of our. current international set up. Hornby is a key part of our U21 side that is one win tomorrow night away from qualifying for the Euro finals.

Fair comment - though it’s disinterest rather than ignorance.

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

However.......

Dougie, you do realise that Hornby has barely kicked a ball for Reims this season. He’s been an unused sub in almost all of their games. And let’s not overplay his scoring exploits at U21 level. Yes he recently became our highest scoring player at that level with 10 goals, but 6 of them were hat tricks against San Marino and Andorra. He’s definitely got some potential but can’t possibly be considered for the first team until he’s playing regularly at club level. 

Mate, I hear you but still think he is worth a punt of a cameo, we still need options upfront, remembering we have Ryan Fraser to come back.....

Or set up a friendly with Accies, and if McBurnie doesn't get at least 5 bag him:wink: 

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Tsk tsk. Up your bloody game antrin or I’ll send ye doon the road tae Ibrox as a Scotland hater. 

Despite my disdain, hate and loathing of the parasitical, corrupt and failing SFA, I watched that last match., as there was nothing better on telly that my wummin fancied.

For years now, I seldom knew when the national team had played till some local tried to tease me about whatever result came in.

I’ve paid my dues as a Scotland fan. I appreciate the good work being done by Stevie Clarke.  I loved the passion, commitment and actual skill showed by the team on Wednesday.

i even let out a squeak of exultation when Davie Marshall saved that penalty.

the downside to this success means the SFA cheats and charlatans stay in their cushy numbers and the Scottish game plods on In its current corrupt way - that includes not calling out the big lies at Ibrox.

i really don’t care any more.

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Despite my disdain, hate and loathing of the parasitical, corrupt and failing SFA, I watched that last match., as there was nothing better on telly that my wummin fancied.

For years now, I seldom knew when the national team had played till some local tried to tease me about whatever result came in.

I’ve paid my dues as a Scotland fan. I appreciate the good work being done by Stevie Clarke.  I loved the passion, commitment and actual skill showed by the team on Wednesday.

i even let out a squeak of exultation when Davie Marshall saved that penalty.

the downside to this success means the SFA cheats and charlatans stay in their cushy numbers and the Scottish game plods on In its current corrupt way - that includes not calling out the big lies at Ibrox.

i really don’t care any more.

All of the above is true, but I support the team not the blazers. 

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Until Craig Levein came along and killed your (and mine) enthusiasm for the national team with his disgraceful tactics of fielding no striker. Jambo bastard. I’m so glad he never won a league medal in 1986. I hope Albert Kidd still haunts him every day.

Also that!  :angry:

I believe I've typed my ire about him setting up Scotland with no strikers against Brasil - in a f**kin FRIENDLY at Arsenal's new stadium!

£40+ a ticket for a friendly, 'fun' match and our team refused to get out of starting blocks!

Boring negative loser-mentality shite.

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

Until Craig Levein came along and killed your (and mine) enthusiasm for the national team with his disgraceful tactics of fielding no striker. Jambo bastard. I’m so glad he never won a league medal in 1986. I hope Albert Kidd still haunts him every day.

Yup that was the end of it for me. 12 glorious years during which I missed one competitive away game came to a grinding halt. 
Further disproving GoW’s contention that everyone goes for the bevvy. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

12 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Agree with this, Israel have shown to be a decent team. 

You've misunderstood, Israel are, IMO, not a decent team, we struggle against them.

They have only won THREE games from in the last 2 years, having played 17 games, drawing 5 and losing the rest. (That's 9 in case you need a calculator)

So, all in all I can't see us losing tonight, if I had to put money on it, 1-1 or 1-2 as we don't score many goals. 

McTominay has certainly flourished under Clarke.

Looked well out of place in the early games in that defensive position but he's improved game after game.

13 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Even Sky played it over our pre match highlights emoji23.png

C’mon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Israel 1-4 Scotland

You do make me laugh. :lol:

Jack and McGregor add next to nothing in midfield. I like McTominay but not sure he’s a central defender. Jack and McGregor off, Cooper and Griffiths on, stick McTominay with McGinn in the center of midfield Christie behind the front 2. Need 2 goals may as well go for it