Scotland Football Club

shull

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Another glorious failure. 

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Got what they deserved defence is pish to much fannying about at the back instead of playing the ball forward. 

FFS you never change do you?

I hope someone has removed all the sharp things from your house.

Meanwhile back in the real world, it's a very decent game with plenty of chances for both sides.

In all honesty I wouldn't be gutted not moving into group A in Nations League. Think we are currently at our level just now and could do without seeing us getting hammered by better teams at the top level. The euros will be good but not expecting much from us. Still a lot of work to be done to get us to the next level which we are a fair bit away from just now

2 minutes ago, truesaint said:

In all honesty I wouldn't be gutted not moving into group A in Nations League. Think we are currently at our level just now and could do without seeing us getting hammered by better teams at the top level. The euros will be good but not expecting much from us. Still a lot of work to be done to get us to the next level which we are a fair bit away from just now

The only way to improve is to play better teams.

Playing the current level will not, IMO, see us improve.

It's like wanting St Mirren to always be in the Championship, not a way to improve. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Saint said:

Odd substitutions

Not really, need a goal....................Mc Burnie to take the weight as, while he's lacking confidence, Dykes hasn't looked dangerous tonight.

Griffiths, well, he always looks a goal threat IMO.

It was always going to be a tight affair as I said pre match. 

PS I agree McGinn wasn't on the agenda, the usual invisible Jack off for me. 

Edited by faraway saint

Not really, need a goal....................Mc Burnie to take the weight as, while he's lacking confidence, Dykes hasn't looked dangerous tonight.
Griffiths, well, he always looks a goal threat IMO.
It was always going to be a tight affair as I said pre match. 
PS I agree McGinn wasn't on the agenda, the usual invisible Jack off for me. 

I would have kept Dykes on - give him a chance to play alongside another forward

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You've misunderstood, Israel are, IMO, not a decent team, we struggle against them.

They have only won THREE games from in the last 2 years, having played 17 games, drawing 5 and losing the rest. (That's 9 in case you need a calculator)

So, all in all I can't see us losing tonight, if I had to put money on it, 1-1 or 1-2 as we don't score many goals. 

Please don’t bother with your snide remarks. If you can’t be civil just ignore whatever I post.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The only way to improve is to play better teams.

Playing the current level will not, IMO, see us improve.

It's like wanting St Mirren to always be in the Championship, not a way to improve. 

It is different is we were dominating most games which hasn't been the case. We are going to the euros due to a bit of luck and covid call off's. Until we have a consistent improvement in performances then prefer to be where we are. The belgium game was a prime example. It was like Saints v the old firm. Don't think it does much for confidence, changes our system and doesn't help trying to bring other players through who could potentially benefit the team in the future.

1 minute ago, truesaint said:

It is different is we were dominating most games which hasn't been the case. We are going to the euros due to a bit of luck and covid call off's. Until we have a consistent improvement in performances then prefer to be where we are. The belgium game was a prime example. It was like Saints v the old firm. Don't think it does much for confidence, changes our system and doesn't help trying to bring other players through who could potentially benefit the team in the future.

I think we have? 

We've not been winning games but we've been equal to the better side, especially in the last few games.

Covid call off's certainly were in our favour in one game against the Czechs, but we've had a few call off's ourselves? 

I respectively disagree, eternal bottom feeders if we stay in this level of countries.

While I see your point against Belgium, many countries better than us have been thumped by them, including England and currently Denmark. 

That was also some time ago and we have improved.