Scotland Football Club

shull

1 minute ago, Charlotte Saint said:

For me the best team in the group finished top I think we deserved to finish above Slovakia & Israel so fair table at the end.

True , but when you beat a team home and away , you expect to finish above them !

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think we have? 

We've not been winning games but we've been equal to the better side, especially in the last few games.

Covid call off's certainly were in our favour in one game against the Czechs, but we've had a few call off's ourselves? 

I respectively disagree, eternal bottom feeders if we stay in this level of countries.

While I see your point against Belgium, many countries better than us have been thumped by them, including England and currently Denmark. 

That was also some time ago and we have improved. 

Yes we have improved but not dramatically. Better shape and organisation, Dykes adds a line leading front man, but really only a few players in our squad have the technical ability to take it up a notch. I suppose the Euros's will confirm who is right. Would love be wrong but don't think I will be. Just looking to enjoying it without any expectations.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Let's be honest. As disappointing as this has been tonight and no Sunday, we would all have taken qualification for the Euros had it been offered before a ball was kicked.

We move on.

Jeezo, you would take solace from a 6-0 gubbing. :lol:

We lost on Sunday to a very poor team, any way you like to dress it up, that's a killer result.

Tonight, I always was worried as I've said, they are our bogey team, and they are no mugs, but not exactly a decent team as I pointed out earlier in this thread. 

Still, I didn't see us losing tonight so I go that wrong. 

O'Donnell played decent tonight, certainly going forward, forgetting that attempt at goal. 

Suppose it's a sign we're getting better that it's disappointing rather than accepting we were well beaten, which we weren't.

Scoring goals, doh, is still an issue but we're creating chances.

Some team are going to get it soon. :rolleyes:

Roll on the world cup draw, no safety net now, which is very disappointing but we're moving in the right direction.

@truesaint makes some point, but I see us in transition between the diddy teams and the big boys, a year or so ago we were not in that position.

As for the Euros, well, that will take care of itself, no predictions at this stage, way too early, unless you're a sad sack. 

59 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The only way to improve is to play better teams.

Actually, I rather think the way the great Hungarian team of the 50's, the Mighty Magyars, were turned into world beaters by playing as a team on a regular basis against Junior League sides, works teams and anybody else that could be found at short notice. Now, the fact that at the time it was an Iron Curtain country and everybody did what the Government said, or else, probably helped a great deal.  Now, wee Nicky has been practicing this for the last eight months so perhaps we might have a chance of adopting this philosophy in the near future.   🚔:fire