Scotland Football Club

shull

What a game that was.

End to end in that second half.

No idea how we were supposed to defend against a guy who is 6ft 7in and is capable of bulleting a header like that. Just one of those things.

Thought we deserved a point but bringing Dykes off was a mistake. His hold up play was excellent and some of his passing was great.

They looked very dangerous on the attack but it's great to see us competing with teams at that level rather than the backs to the wall stuff from years ago.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

What a game that was.

End to end in that second half.

No idea how we were supposed to defend against a guy who is 6ft 7in and is capable of bulleting a header like that. Just one of those things.

Thought we deserved a point but bringing Dykes off was a mistake. His hold up play was excellent and some of his passing was great.

They looked very dangerous on the attack but it's great to see us competing with teams at that level rather than the backs to the wall stuff from years ago.

:lol:

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well, that was a reasonably entertaining second half. What the actual f**k was that penalty decision all about???

Seems mental to bemoan a draw when you’re 1-2 down with 5 minutes to go, but that does have the feel of an opportunity missed tonight. 

Indeed, I would have possibly taken a point before the game but overall I feel 2 points dropped. 

Just now, munoz said:

Fair doos, but the stats have it pretty close. 

Screenshot_20210325-220716_Chrome.jpg

Overall, I believe that they started both halves better, we, slowly but surely, got into the game.

Fine margins, the penalty decision is a killer, our goalie, IMO, gave away a goal combined with slow defending.

Not denying their goal scorer took his chances well, especially the header but they never, IMO, had a player that stood out. 

It was fairly close, ach, I was looking for 7 points from the first 3 games so we should be looking to win the nest two games.

Israel, as I've said, worry me as we never really look like beating them. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Overall, I believe that they started both halves better, we, slowly but surely, got into the game.

Fine margins, the penalty decision is a killer, our goalie, IMO, gave away a goal combined with slow defending.

Not denying their goal scorer took his chances well, especially the header but they never, IMO, had a player that stood out. 

It was fairly close, ach, I was looking for 7 points from the first 3 games so we should be looking to win the nest two games.

We need to beat Israel if we are to  qualify from this group. We really needed a win tonight.

For me both Austria and Denmark will take care of Israel home and away

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye I think Davie Marshall would hold his hand up for the first goal. An uncharacteristic error from him. As for the slow defending, I feel a wee bit sorry for Jack Hendry as it looks like he was the one slow to react, but if you look at the replay it was O’Donnell who was marking the scorer and lost him. Either way I don’t think you could really blame any defender for not expecting a quality keeper like Marshall to just pat it out to the attacker. 

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

We need to beat Israel if we are to  qualify from this group. We really needed a win tonight.

For me both Austria and Denmark will take care of Israel home and away

Austria lost 4-2 in Israel pretty recently. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility for them to drop points there. But yes, you’re right that after tonight’s result we need to win on Sunday.