Scotland Football Club

shull

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not at all, if your trying to point at McTominay without recognising McGinn was woeful I suggest Specsavers. 

As I said, there were a few who were poor, picking out one is poor form.

10 week ban. :P

Yep , McTominay was bad but Wee Meatball had one of his worst games in a Scotland shirt as far I am concerned.  
add to that , two of the best Left wingbacks  in the uk and we can’t cross a f**king ball .

All in all , a bad day at the office and we have made an already difficult section even more so.   

watching us in the final third fannying about with tippy tippy nonsense then three passes backwards and the keeper punts it up the park ..... was like watching Saints 
🙄

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Not at all, if your trying to point at McTominay without recognising McGinn was woeful I suggest Specsavers. 
As I said, there were a few who were poor, picking out one is poor form.
10 week ban. [emoji14]
Red card, upheld on appeal, extended suspension.
No one has be jizzing over mcginn, however, mctominay, has been heralded as the 2nd coming

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep , McTominay was bad but Wee Meatball had one of his worst games in a Scotland shirt as far I am concerned.  
add to that , two of the best Left wingbacks  in the uk and we can’t cross a f**king ball .

All in all , a bad day at the office and we have made an already difficult section even more so.   

watching us in the final third fannying about with tippy tippy nonsense then three passes backwards and the keeper punts it up the park ..... was like watching Saints 
🙄

Tierney never really done much at all, Robertson seemed to have slipped back into the 60's with them pointless high floated crosses.

Aye, too many poor performances all round. :(

8 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

The whole midfield was rotten, McGinn looks like a rugby player and played like one,  Christie has not kicked a ball for anyone since the Serbia game was absolutely pish , McGregor just passes backwards, and McTominey looked lost..  

And Robertson is not a patch on Tierney and should take the armband 

Smallest rugby player in the world?  :lol:

Christie had 45 mins, hardly up there in the "worst player" award stakes. 

McTominay was reasonable, in the midst of a disappointing team. 

Aye, considering we had a few players who underperformed a draw was decent.

As was discussed earlier in this thread Israel are certainly our bogie team. 

4 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Only heard some radio commentary, but believe Scotland are out already. Clarke coming across very Strachan-esq. Won’t answer questions or take any criticism. Very poor show all round. The radio apologists, sorry, pundits, trying to smooth things over. Typical old pals act. Thank goodness I don’t really care much theses days.

Do you copy and paste these posts? :lol:

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thursday was, IMO, more disappointing as we were, overall, the better team.

Tonight, just the usual against our bogey team, could have went either way. 

Aye, already chasing the two top teams. 

A good start is always important in these campaigns.......this isn't a good start. 

I agree that we wee the better side in the Austria game, however it's points on the board that count.  As we know all too well!!!!!

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Smallest rugby player in the world?  :lol:

Christie had 45 mins, hardly up there in the "worst player" award stakes. 

McTominay was reasonable, in the midst of a disappointing team. 

Aye, considering we had a few players who underperformed a draw was decent.

As was discussed earlier in this thread Israel are certainly our bogie team. 

He's taller than me and I play Rugby  

dwarf GIF

Too negative first half giving up space in midfield

Second half Christie came on and we pressed them in their half

Pity like a few others he was shite on the ball

Israel have certainly got into our heads as a boegy team with the respect we gave them

Austria and Denmark will pump them

Surely 2 up top on Wed

6 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Israel have certainly got into our heads as a boegy team with the respect we gave them

Surely 2 up top on Wed

Apart from a spell of about 25 minutes in the second half where we were excellent and pinned them back, I thought our players looked exhausted throughout.

Not sure that Austria will beat them out there but it's looking like a straight shootout with Austria to get 2nd place. Denmark already look too far ahead but we'll see.

7 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Surely 2 up top on Wed

They don't get "pumped" very often, it's their inability to win games that keeps them in the lower ranking positions, they draw and lose narrowly most games.

In the last 2 years they've played 19, won 5, drew 6 and lost 8.

Definitely a bogie team, in theory we should be beating them 75% of the times we play them, unfortunately no wins, excluding the penalty game which was a 0-0 draw, from 4 is very disappointing. #

image.thumb.png.f9d496c106f754aeea8051b4afb8881d.png

Nice wee home win for Israel against Austria two years ago. The three home defeats have been against Poland, Czech Republic and Denmark - the first two by the odd goal.

Israel will not be an easy stop for Austria. Dropped points a real possibility. Nothing to say we can't get a result against Austria on their patch.

I think Denmark will probably be a class apart in this group. But 2nd and a play off spot is definitely still realistic

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Apart from a spell of about 25 minutes in the second half where we were excellent and pinned them back, I thought our players looked exhausted throughout.

Not sure that Austria will beat them out there but it's looking like a straight shootout with Austria to get 2nd place. Denmark already look too far ahead but we'll see.

Another of your favourites.

Utterly meaningless and a load of bollox.

Quite why our whole team would be exhausted is quite bizarre. :lol:

If we qualify for the next world cup, then you might see some signs of REAL exhaustion. 

5 hours ago, Slash said:

The squad as I understand only flew into the country the day before. I don’t agree that they looked exhausted, but the effect of traveling 24hours before the game would have had some impact. Not the best preparation for such a key game. Perhaps restrictions played a part in this decision.

Anyway f**k Qatar. The price of beer and hookers will be astronomical. 🍺 = 💰 💴 💰 

We played on Thursday night, unless we'd traveled early Friday leaving on Saturday was the only realistic option. 

Aye, the prices will probably be outrageous but I'll stand you a pint anyway. 👍

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

We need a win tonight, a good performance would be nice but 3 points is a must. 

Get an early goal please then get in about them.

C'mon Scotland. 

Think we could do with giving them a good trouncing. A boring 2-0 or something isn’t going to do much to lift spirits.

Will be easier said than done though. Although they are obviously still one of the lower ranked teams, they are not the whipping boys they once were and we struggled enough times to beat them back then!

That said, for all our trials and tribulations on their soil, we have pretty much always given them a good doing at home. Hopefully another tonight.

Speaking of the Faroes, still remains one of my favourite ever Tartan Army trips. Talk about convoluted travel.

Flight from Jersey to Gatwick. Car from Gatwick to Stansted. Flight from Stansted to Copenhagen. Overnight in Copenhagen. Flight from Copenhagen to Faroes. Bus and two boats from Airport to Torshavn. On match day it was a boat from Torshavn to Toftir for the game. Same return journey! Lovely people. Very friendly and a beautiful country. Like the Scottish Highlands meet the Norwegian fjords.

Oh and as a side note, the day we played them was the same day as the League Cup tie at Cappielow when big Yards scored the mazy winner. We were getting updates through on the boat from Torshavn to Toftir on the way to the game. One of our group was a Morton fan. Oh what fun we had. But there the fun stopped.

The boat docked on a wee slip like the one on the Largs to Cumbrae ferry. However, there was nae handy wee bus into Millport. Instead we had to scramble up a big steep hill to the....ahem.....stadium. It’s was hilarious. Pished up owners of kilts and bare arses careering down the hill at high speed having failed in their attempts to safely make it to the top. By the time we got into the stadium we were already a goal down. Just as we took our place they scored their second. Most of you will remember we came back to scramble a 2-2 draw. The headline in the Record the next day was “Faroes 2 Fairies 2”. Don’t suppose that would be allowed now. 😆

Apologies in advance for that self indulgent waffle.