Scotland Football Club

shull

1 minute ago, guinness said:

Had McGinn scored with 25 to go we had a chance. However I thought we were poor all night. Not sure why Cooper or hickey started. You start to feel we will never qualify for a World Cup again.

We did well to get ourselves into the playoffs but came up short against a good side. Well worth remembering the saves that Gordon made. It was bad but could have been so much worse.

2 minutes ago, guinness said:

Had McGinn scored with 25 to go we had a chance. However I thought we were poor all night. Not sure why Cooper or hickey started. You start to feel we will never qualify for a World Cup again.

Agree with the first part, quite why you can put an infinite time on us getting to a World Cup is beyond me. 

I stopped buying into this corrupt SFA committee pension fund creator a while ago.

And yet… I had to admire the players, the team…

I was daft enough to “assume” that they’d just lose out to Wales in a penalty shoot out on Sunday.

I have been, of course, let down again. 

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

I stopped buying into this corrupt SFA committee pension fund creator a while ago.

And yet… I had to admire the players, the team…

I was daft enough to “assume” that they’d just lose out to Wales in a penalty shoot out on Sunday.

I have been, of course, let down again. 

As you said, it’s the hope that gets you. The thought that this might just be the time that Hope triumphs over experience. It was not to be and we were soundly beaten by a better team.

The after match analysis continues.

First goal, fine line playing their forward onside, great control and finish.

The 2nd goal, every goal COULD be stopped in theory, but a well worked goal.

The sitter from McGinn, get's worse every time I see it, that was with about 20 mins to go and they were rocking.

We get a wee bit of luck with out goal, their goalie is a bomb scare, unfortunately too little too late. 

The 3rd goal for them, well, games over at that stage, we're chasing the game,l ,doesn't really count TBH.

Craig Gordon summed it up very well, we didn't really perform, they did, them's the breaks and that's fitba.  

Vast majority of the team let themselves, the fans and the country down today. Struggle to give a pass mark to any outfield player. 

Bitterly disappointing that we weren’t even competitive. Could have been game over at halftime if they had a bit more about them shooting. 

• shull changed the title to Scotland v Armenia Nations League 8/6/22
56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe the bigot site you frequent is more up your street. :lol:

Quite why you would visit that site, especially in the circumstances, is absolutely mind boggling. :wacko:

Curiosity. I don't frequent it, but wanted to see their perspective.

2 hours ago, exiledfan said:

I think Steve Clark has done a great job however tonight I think he got it wrong. McKenna man of the match against in a play off final should start ahead of Cooper who hasn't played much. Christy should have started to allow Dykes to come off bench when needed. Gilmour lost confidence in his Norwich loan. 

Yep, Clarke got it wrong from the offset should have been a 4-5-1 from the offset against a team like Ukraine. We were driven back to a 5-3-2 from early on and never got enough control or grip of the game from the offset. Fairplay to the Ukrainian players and their manager though who exploited our set up and weaknesses. I would expect them to beat Wales based on that performance although Wales might be better prepared after watching tonights shambles. 

15 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Yep, Clarke got it wrong from the offset should have been a 4-5-1 from the offset against a team like Ukraine. We were driven back to a 5-3-2 from early on and never got enough control or grip of the game from the offset. Fairplay to the Ukrainian players and their manager though who exploited our set up and weaknesses. I would expect them to beat Wales based on that performance although Wales might be better prepared after watching tonights shambles. 

Aye, hindsight.

Retrospective on the way the game went.

Can be looked at in many ways but at the end of the day the players didn't perform.

He, Clarke,  changed things at half time but we were 2-0 down before we knew it so he had to see how things went before changing things again. 

Ukraine are more than decent but I agree we were poor over the 90 minutes.

Only threatened in the last 20, missed a sitter and scored a fortunate goal.

Just disappointed we didn't play as well as we have in the last 18 months or so. 

Summary. Beaten on the night by a better organised, prepared and more motivated team. Set up was wrong as well as tactics. Underperformance by a number of players on the night. Gordon and MacGregor excepted. I would say that the change in set up and substitutes in the second half led to an improvement and at least / last we started creating chances. Despite that they scored two in the second half compared to our one. A bad day at the office for the Scotland Manager and Players. The worst thing is that the 3   - 1 Final Score flatters us.