Scotland Football Club

shull

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Outstanding performance,  what a shift from the team, a deserved win.

Bring on the Irish twats on Saturday,  we owe them after our pitiful performance last time. 

Yup , well done to Ireland for the last one, they deserved their win but we simply didn’t perform as we know we can.  
Hopefully we replicate tonight’s second 45 for the entire 90 .

Tonight reflected that we are a decent side.

Clarke is as good a manager as we've had for yonks and he's pulled a decent squad of players into a team that, within our resources, can cause teams real problems.

3-0 tonight flattered them, we murdered them.

I hope we play as well on Saturday as losing to that lot was painful. 

Fantastic result.

Fantastic game.

Clarke is as good as we could hope for and deserves full praise.

Adams was outstanding. Ripped them a new one. 

Dykes substitution was perfectly timed. Both goals perfectly calculated from homework. Nobody on the back post. Perfect connection. Bang! 

Job done.

Forget that now... Harder job coming up... But no fear! 

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Fantastic result.

Fantastic game.

Clarke is as good as we could hope for and deserves full praise.

Adams was outstanding. Ripped them a new one. 

Dykes substitution was perfectly timed. Both goals perfectly calculated from homework. Nobody on the back post. Perfect connection. Bang! 

Job done.

Forget that now... Harder job coming up... But no fear! 

Agree with everything apart from the last point. Ireland is not a harder game. They are rotten. It was an absolute riddy losing to them last time. I’m hoping we give them a good spanking to make up for it. 

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yup , well done to Ireland for the last one, they deserved their win but we simply didn’t perform as we know we can.  
Hopefully we replicate tonight’s second 45 for the entire 90 .

What was wrong with the first half performance? Apart from the first 5/10 minutes we dominated the entire game.

Or do you just mean the second half performance had the finishing too?

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Ah know, they wurnie bothered. 🤣🤣🤣

They looked bothered in the first 10 minutes. 

It’s amazing how teams can look like they urnae bothered when the other team is much better than them. 
Whoever wins this group not only get a guaranteed play off place for Euro 2024, but also is guaranteed pot 2 for the qualification draw proper. 
It was a hugely important game. Ukraine no bothered my arse.

What I will accept is that Ukraine aren’t THAT great, but they are still a team we should be delighted to be cuffing 3-0. We should never have lost to them in the summer. Our mentality and tactics were all wrong for that game. 

47 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What was wrong with the first half performance? Apart from the first 5/10 minutes we dominated the entire game.

Or do you just mean the second half performance had the finishing too?

I didn’t say anything was wrong with the first 45 🤷‍♂️   But I don’t think anyone can deny the second 45 was far better. Hit the bar, dominated, had more attempts on goal than the first and of course

• shull changed the title to Scotland v Eire Nations League 24/9/22
9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree with everything apart from the last point. Ireland is not a harder game. They are rotten. It was an absolute riddy losing to them last time. I’m hoping we give them a good spanking to make up for it. 

Harder in that we have won the last one and expectations are increased accordingly.

Think Saints heading into a match against the Fakes on the back of a great run. 

The team may not be harder to beat, but right now, it is a harder challenge in that we need to keep up that same level of performance.

Personally, I think we can and will, but I will never take anything for granted with Saints or Scotland. 

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Harder in that we have won the last one and expectations are increased accordingly.

The team may not be harder to beat, but right now, it is a harder challenge in that we need to keep up that same level of performance.

Personally, I think we can and will, but I will never take anything for granted with Saints or Scotland. 

🤣🤣🤣

I'm not too worried about this game, it's essentially a free hit - as long as we beat Ukraine in the last game. Of course a win for us and Ukraine not winning would be nice, even if it is improbable.

52 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'm not too worried about this game, it's essentially a free hit - as long as we beat Ukraine in the last game. Of course a win for us and Ukraine not winning would be nice, even if it is improbable.

Momentum and confidence. 

I take your point, but winning runs create... Winning runs. 

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

2 draws and we win our section