Scotland Football Club

shull

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Porteous was discussed throughout the game, has a tendency to have a rush of blood but was outstanding tonight.

Games like this can be the making of players.

Hickey, 20 years old, possibly a better defender than Patterson.

A pity Craig Gordon is almost as old as me, steady and gives the defence confidence when needed.

Some great performances over the 3 games 

But this lad Hickey was outstanding  :happyclapper

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

Some great performances over the 3 games 

But this lad Hickey was outstanding  :happyclapper

As I said, possibly a better defender than Patterson, who I am a big fan of.

Patterson offers more going forward, Hickey defended very well on a difficult night. 

The future is bright. :happyclapper

As for the simple minds who have criticised Clarke...................:lol:

What a day.

On holiday in Bermuda.  Played a nice round of golf this morning. Drove down to Horseshoe Bay for a dip in the turquoise ocean. 
Headed back and lay by the pool at the hotel. 
The day took a turn for the worse when I gave myself brain freeze by slurping too quickly on my first pina colada. Fortunately it wasn’t too bad and I learned my lesson with the second one.

Then retired to the hotel bar to watch the game with a few Heinekens. 
Magnificent performance by the semi ressies. Truly awesome. 
I’m now wolfing down a very large helping of humble pie regarding my pre match thoughts about Porteous. 
Aaron Hickey ❤️❤️
He’s fast replacing Patterson as my right back man crush. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As I said, possibly a better defender than Patterson, who I am a big fan of.

Patterson offers more going forward, Hickey defended very well on a difficult night. 

The future is bright. :happyclapper

As for the simple minds who have criticised Clarke...................:lol:

At least he listened to me when I gave him advice,  don't ever play 2 out and out strikers Adams/Dykes against teams with the best midfielders in Europe they will pick you apart  :whistle

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How's Gilmour coming along? 

Your advice........................:lol:

I did tell you he should move abroad did I not.. 

As I'm sure you know he's been struggling with injuries, he's just moved to Brighton for 8 million a week later the Brighton manager moves to Chelsea you couldn't make it up. not having much luck is he, 

Brighton play nice football hopefully he will fit in there... but I honestly don't think English football suits him.. 

Luka Modric was the same when he signed for Spurs was nearly written off as too lightweight just like Billy.... how did that turn out especially when he moved to Spain...  still world class at 37... and Billy's only 21  Ya Fanny not 31  :lol: 

Edited by portmahomack saint

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I did tell you he should move abroad did I not.. 

As I'm sure you know he's been struggling with injuries, he's just moved to Brighton for 8 million a week later the Brighton manager moves to Chelsea you couldn't make it up. not having much luck is he, 

Brighton play nice football hopefully he will fit in there... but I honestly don't think English football suits him.. 

Luka Modric was the same when he signed for Spurs was nearly written off as too lightweight just like Billy.... how did that turn out especially when he moved to Spain...  still world class at 37... and Billy's only 21  Ya Fanny not 31  :lol: 

:lol:

Wibble wibble, keep it up....................you'll be in Australia soon with all that digging. 

Best player in a generation.............:byebye

PS I did suggest Gilmour should have been on tonight in place of the invisible man McLean.

I have great respect for Gilmour, plenty of POTENTIAL. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Porteous was discussed throughout the game, has a tendency to have a rush of blood but was outstanding tonight.

Games like this can be the making of players.

Hickey, 20 years old, possibly a better defender than Patterson.

A pity Craig Gordon is almost as old as me, steady and gives the defence confidence when needed.

Obviously would rather have had Gallagher in the team - I think Porteous is an out n out cheat (For Hibs) and an arse ……….but he did do well tonight .

Was caught under cross balls on a couple of occasions and had a couple of misplaced passes after good interventions but overall 7/10 for me , and that tackle in the box was perfection. 😎👍

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Wibble wibble, keep it up....................you'll be in Australia soon with all that digging. 

Best player in a generation.............:byebye

PS I did suggest Gilmour should have been on tonight in place of the invisible man McLean.

I have great respect for Gilmour, plenty of POTENTIAL. :wink:

Covering yourself as usual  :lol: 

Being a big Scottish Nationalist and independence supporter a generation is every 2 year  :whistle

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

That you, in your tiny mind, thinks that is even a failed attempt at humour says so much about you bully boy. 

A sad, needy troll. 

^^^^^ Professional mourner and troll, what an achievement. :lol:

ONLY came into this thread to troll, no interest in the subject, tragic. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Covering yourself as usual  :lol: 

Being a big Scottish Nationalist and independence supporter a generation is every 2 year  :whistle

Covering myself.............like you with "I did say he should have gone abroad"...................didn't you mention Barcelona? :lol:

Or did you mean he should have went for a long weekend on holiday? :lol:

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Obviously would rather have had Gallagher in the team - I think Porteous is an out n out cheat (For Hibs) and an arse ……….but he did do well tonight .

Was caught under cross balls on a couple of occasions and had a couple of misplaced passes after good interventions but overall 7/10 for me , and that tackle in the box was perfection. 😎👍

This pretty much sums up the situation on Porteous.................as I've mentioned, last night could be a game changer for him, time will tell. 

Scroll your way down the reaction to Scotland's line-up announcement for Tuesday's Nations League decider with Ukraine and the narrative is clear.

Social media can be a negative echo chamber at the best of times, but the idea of Hibernian centre-back Ryan Porteous receiving his first senior cap in Krakow, in a game of such high stakes against Ukraine, was outrageous to many.

The 23-year-old's ability isn't often questioned, but a reputation of being ill-disciplined has followed the defender, who has been shown four red cards in his short career.

Just over a week ago, he was accused of "blatant cheating" by Aberdeen manager Jim Goodwin for his role in Liam Scales' sending off in the Pittodrie side's defeat at Easter Road.

Ten days later, he has been hailed for an "outstanding" debut by national team coach Steve Clarke after a standout defensive performance in the Scots' draw in Poland, which helped secure Nations League promotion to League A.

"I'm so pleased for the boy," Clarke added. "It shows that he listens and he learns."

image.png.a0893606fa618bbe68e5c6fd0084404e.png

Edited by faraway saint