Scotland Football Club

shull

Interesting point made about Israel, glad we're avoiding them, always a tight game........................

So Scotland have defied the odds to clinch a place among the second pot of seeds for the Euro 2024 qualification draw.

And, more importantly, they will now avoid yet another couple of games with Israel. Yaldi.

The top two earn places in Germany automatically and Scotland are guaranteed a play-off place should things go awry. So who would you want in the group when the balls are plucked on Sunday, 9 October?

I managed to get finished work and caught the last 10 minutes fo the first half and the rest of the game.

At times we are a wee bit inclined to pass back more than I prefer but there are times we do pass the ball quite well and have some nice attacking moves.

We have came back after a poor start in this nations league so great credit to Steve Clarke and all the players who have been involved and that's quite a few.

I still feel we let ourselves down in the world cup play off game against Ukraine although I couldn't be sure we'd have beat Wales.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Draw for the Euro 2024 qualifiers is on at 11.00am for anyone interested.

Scotland in pot 2 thanks to recent exploits. 

Good man, I just caught a snippet earlier and I thought it was tomorrow. :lol:

PS You can watch it here....................... https://www.uefa.com/

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:

Just looked at the caveats for the draw, you could be watching that for a while, with political exclusions, geographic locations and weather considerations it looks more complicated than gatting a VAR decision!

See below

Who can play each other?

For the most part, any team can play anyone else from another pot. There are several restrictions that prevent some countries from being paired together however.

For political reasons, Armenia and Azerbaijan will be kept apart, as will Belarus and Ukraine and Gibraltar and Spain. Kosovo cannot be in a group with Bosnia-Herzegovina or Serbia.

Only two Nordic or Baltic countries can be drawn together because of severe winter conditions.

Because of the locations of Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Iceland on the far edges of Europe - they can only be drawn with one team from the opposite side of the continent.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Horrendous draw. 

Soain

Haaland

Our bogey team

Cyprus a bit awkward. 

Almost any of the top teams would have been difficult, although I did fancy Denmark.

Norway, even including Haaland, are below Scotland in the world rankings.

Aye, Georgia, we've been mixed, won 2 lost 2, but I prefer to look at where we are right now.

Cyprus, they leak goals, that's why they were bottom seeds.

It is what it is....................bring it on. 

Edited by faraway saint

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Almost ant of the top teams would have been difficult, although I did fancy Denmark.

Norway, even including Haaland, are below Scotland in the world rankings.

Aye, Georgia, we've been mixed, won 2 lost 2, but I prefer to look at where we are right now.

Cyprus, they leak goals, that's why they were bottom seeds.

It is what it is....................bring it on. 

Aye, if we really do believe we’ve improved then I suppose we should fancy ourselves in this group. Especially if one of our Premiership players crock Haaland just before the game! 😀