shull

Scotland Football Club

What a game that was.

End to end in that second half.

No idea how we were supposed to defend against a guy who is 6ft 7in and is capable of bulleting a header like that. Just one of those things.

Thought we deserved a point but bringing Dykes off was a mistake. His hold up play was excellent and some of his passing was great.

They looked very dangerous on the attack but it's great to see us competing with teams at that level rather than the backs to the wall stuff from years ago.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

What a game that was.

End to end in that second half.

No idea how we were supposed to defend against a guy who is 6ft 7in and is capable of bulleting a header like that. Just one of those things.

Thought we deserved a point but bringing Dykes off was a mistake. His hold up play was excellent and some of his passing was great.

They looked very dangerous on the attack but it's great to see us competing with teams at that level rather than the backs to the wall stuff from years ago.

:lol:

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well, that was a reasonably entertaining second half. What the actual f**k was that penalty decision all about???

Seems mental to bemoan a draw when you’re 1-2 down with 5 minutes to go, but that does have the feel of an opportunity missed tonight. 

Indeed, I would have possibly taken a point before the game but overall I feel 2 points dropped. 

Just now, munoz said:

Fair doos, but the stats have it pretty close. 

Screenshot_20210325-220716_Chrome.jpg

Overall, I believe that they started both halves better, we, slowly but surely, got into the game.

Fine margins, the penalty decision is a killer, our goalie, IMO, gave away a goal combined with slow defending.

Not denying their goal scorer took his chances well, especially the header but they never, IMO, had a player that stood out. 

It was fairly close, ach, I was looking for 7 points from the first 3 games so we should be looking to win the nest two games.

Israel, as I've said, worry me as we never really look like beating them. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Overall, I believe that they started both halves better, we, slowly but surely, got into the game.

Fine margins, the penalty decision is a killer, our goalie, IMO, gave away a goal combined with slow defending.

Not denying their goal scorer took his chances well, especially the header but they never, IMO, had a player that stood out. 

It was fairly close, ach, I was looking for 7 points from the first 3 games so we should be looking to win the nest two games.

We need to beat Israel if we are to  qualify from this group. We really needed a win tonight.

For me both Austria and Denmark will take care of Israel home and away

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye I think Davie Marshall would hold his hand up for the first goal. An uncharacteristic error from him. As for the slow defending, I feel a wee bit sorry for Jack Hendry as it looks like he was the one slow to react, but if you look at the replay it was O’Donnell who was marking the scorer and lost him. Either way I don’t think you could really blame any defender for not expecting a quality keeper like Marshall to just pat it out to the attacker. 

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

We need to beat Israel if we are to  qualify from this group. We really needed a win tonight.

For me both Austria and Denmark will take care of Israel home and away

Austria lost 4-2 in Israel pretty recently. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility for them to drop points there. But yes, you’re right that after tonight’s result we need to win on Sunday. 

As it stands, Group F

Sunday see's Denmark v Moldova (5pm) Austria v Faroe's (7:45pm) and Israel v US (7:45pm)

Israel have allowed some supporters into games, I certainly noticed the difference when watching the 2nd half of their game last night. 

image.png.121e825cbba2b36f959e2ea00109d5c9.png

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As it stands, Group F

Sunday see's Denmark v Moldova (5pm) Austria v Faroe's (7:45pm) and Israel v US (7:45pm)

Israel have allowed some supporters into games, I certainly noticed the difference when watching the 2nd half of their game last night. 

image.png.121e825cbba2b36f959e2ea00109d5c9.png

3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Denmark to draw

Austria to win

Scotland to beat Israel

That’ll do nicely

Hard to see anything other than comfortable wins for Denmark and Austria. We really need a win on Sunday though.

As much as I was a wee bit disappointed with a draw last night, not losing was massive. As I think it was FS said earlier, that really could’ve spelled party over after the first game (daft as that sounds).

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hard to see anything other than comfortable wins for Denmark and Austria. We really need a win on Sunday though.

As much as I was a wee bit disappointed with a draw last night, not losing was massive. As I think it was FS said earlier, that really could’ve spelled party over after the first game (daft as that sounds).

To stay in touch, I agree and a win would also give us an early gap over Israel.

As I've mentioned, we always struggle against them, not saying they are mugs but we have to look to beat them if we really fancy our chances of qualifying. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

To stay in touch, I agree and a win would also give us an early gap over Israel.

As I've mentioned, we always struggle against them, not saying they are mugs but we have to look to beat them if we really fancy our chances of qualifying. 

Yes I think it’s more of a bogey team scenario. They don’t take tankings but most other team of our standing seem to be able to take care of them (with one or two odd exceptions).

Their style of play doesn’t suit us at all. They get men behind the ball and make it difficult and we perennially struggle to break teams like that. What they also have though (unlike most of the other “smaller” teams) is a couple of players who can really hurt you on the break. In most of the games against them that we have struggled in, we have pretty much dominated the game only to get rope a doped at some point. 
Scott McTominay’s post match interview said it all.

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes I think it’s more of a bogey team scenario. They don’t take tankings but most other team of our standing seem to be able to take care of them (with one or two odd exceptions).

Their style of play doesn’t suit us at all. They get men behind the ball and make it difficult and we perennially struggle to break teams like that. What they also have though (unlike most of the other “smaller” teams) is a couple of players who can really hurt you on the break. In most of the games against them that we have struggled in, we have pretty much dominated the game only to get rope a doped at some point. 
Scott McTominay’s post match interview said it all.

He speaks very well indeed. There's our future Scotland captain right there.

Love the attitude and the confidence.

We should not fear anyone because like he said, we have players in our squad playing at the highest level in the game. The belief within the team now compared to what it was when Clarke took over is like night and day. 

He's also right about Israel. Stop worrying about what they can do to us and go and take them apart. That should be the attitude from the first minute.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

He speaks very well indeed. There's our future Scotland captain right there.

Love the attitude and the confidence.

We should not fear anyone because like he said, we have players in our squad playing at the highest level in the game. The belief within the team now compared to what it was when Clarke took over is like night and day. 

He's also right about Israel. Stop worrying about what they can do to us and go and take them apart. That should be the attitude from the first minute.

I would suggest we have half a team who are playing in the English Premiership. 

(Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, McTominay & Armstrong as you won't have a clue)

The rest, hardly.

We had the same players before Clarke took over, that didn't go too well.

You have a point about Clarke as, IMO, it's down to the manager, IMO, who, like all good managers, gets the best from what he has at his disposal. 

As for taking Israel apart, I'll assume you don't have a clue, again, how they have performed over the last. let's say, couple of years? 

They've had one tonking, (4-0 away to Poland) another 2 matches they've lost by 2 goals, including Thursdays result against Denmark, and the other defeats are by the odd goal.

They don't win too many games but they, as @TPAFKA Jersey 2 has indicated, are well organised with a couple of players who can turn the game and, as you don't believe that the past can influence the future ,you won't see anything to worry about as we ALWAYS struggle against them. 

Last 2 and a bit years we've played them and we've only managed to beat them ONCE over 90 minutes.