Scotland Football Club

shull

• 3 weeks later...

Love Hampden and would prefer it .

They need to refurbish it by knocking down the East, West & North Stands and rebuilding that area to match the South Stand. 

Both Ends should be as close as possible to the match action.

Anyway, if they are gonnae charge £30 - £35 for Games including Friendlies, then they can feck off.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, Hampden for me, history is a major factor, sure it's not an ideal stadium but it could be with some changes.

As you say, handy for that trip every umpteen years. :wink:

History is made.  The Old Hampden was a magical place despite its many shortcomings.  The redevelopment improved a number of practical areas but left a diminished viewing experience.  Travel is not easy for most and there is no area around the stadium for fans to gather pre-match.  On what is available right now,  I think Murrayfield has the edge. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, Hampden for me, history is a major factor, sure it's not an ideal stadium but it could be with some changes.
As you say, handy for that trip every umpteen years. :wink:
Annual trip at least for us tartan clad fannies

Overpriced shite kickabout at Hampden tomorrow night. 

Thought the Nations Cup was here to replace Friendlies. 

Not going on Monday either. It is a rip off also. 

Edited by shull

Overpriced shite kickabout at Hampden tomorrow night.  Thought the Nations Cup was here to replace Friendlies.  Not going on Monday either. It is a rip off also. 

Scotland were drawn in a group of three teams therefore couldn't have 3xdouble headers as other teams have.

Belgium are also in a group of three hence they also have a free date.

I do think this is overpriced - although I appreciate that we might get to see some genuine world stars - like Andrew Robertson.

Friendlies should always be cheaper than competitive fixtures.

It'll be Now TV for me and the boy tonight but we will be at Hampden on Monday night for the first competitive match of the season.

Hopefully I end up regretting this tight-wad decision as we skelp the world cup third placed team 3-0 :)