Scotland Football Club

shull

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Next up Israel, Thursday October 11th, beat this lot and we'll be sitting pretty.

Got to be confident as Albania beat them and they have only won 1 game from their last 9. 

Again, at this stage, win, that's all thanks. 

NIreland 3-0 Israel, another game, another loss for Israel, roll on October. 

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This is more like it!!:thumbs2

Looking back my 1am post seems a trifle ranty and over the top but my general point still stands. That negative Scottish attitude gets my goat. 

I thought last night was a really positive performance. As ever we gave ourselves a few hairy moment with sloppy passing but in reality MacGregor had to make one save of any note. Scotland on he other hand totally dominated the game, created umpteen chances and with better finishing or less last ditch defending by Albania we would have won even more comfortably than we did.

That bit in bold is a constant source of annoyance for me too and not just with football. Too many Scots have lost the art of being prepared to accept defeat as part and parcel of attempting to do something exceptional. We have been overtaken by most developed nations in terms of almost everything except the ability to navel gaze and play the blame game.

Anyway, the only thing that matters is winning against whoever is put in front of us. Those recent friendly games were a stupid decision and could have destroyed the confidence of such young players. We are not ready for the likes of Belgium. Yet.

We should accept that this is our level and start working from there rather than pining for the days when we could beat almost anyone at home. Last night was a good start.

21 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This thread is a f**king embarrassment. No wonder we became the first country ever to reject independence when we are populated by such a bunch of self loathing cunts.

we just comfortably disposed of a country who have qualified for a major tournament a damn sight more recently than we have and who have given plenty of decent team a hard time, yet it seems the vast majority on here sound like old firm, entitled twats.

I f**king despair.

Self deprication seems to be a national trait.  We won.  Time to celebrate.  Time also for the players to get some credit.

• 4 weeks later...

Great news  :clapping

Ronaldo ain't coming to Hampden with Portugal. 

Saving me a fortune for tickets. 

My daughter was desperate to see her hero, CR7. 

Dinnae need to go now. 

Need to break it to her and sound upset.  B)

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Thought we were excellent against Albania and would expect us to win against Israel if we play like we did.

No changes and right into them from the off. I fancy us to finally qualify for something... Come on Scotland!

Largely agree TC but more conservative in going for a draw as Israel are,  I believe,  a step up from Albania. 

Would prefer you to be right! 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How do you come to that conclusion? 

If you take a different view then feel free to put your case forward (before you visit the hot tub) 

If it helps.. I know Albania are ranked higher but we are playing Israel away from home. 

So,  in my view we have to step up our performance away from home. 

Edited by St.Ricky

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If you take a different view then feel free to put your case forward (before you visit the hot tub) 

If it helps.. I know Albania are ranked higher but we are playing Israel away from home. 

So,  in my view we have to step up our performance away from home. 

:lol:

Stick to posts that don't come to a conclusion, oh, and agreeing with people. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Stick to posts that don't come to a conclusion, oh, and agreeing with people. 

My FMan.. Still no opinion or back up argument. 

By the way.. The cost of a 2 night bargain break at Loch Lomond costs about the same as an OAP Season  ticket at St Mirren

Enjoy the hot tub. 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Ryan Fraser now as well. We are heading back to the days of Burley and Bertie when no-one wanted to play for Scotland !

Hardly surprising is it?

McLeish was 4th choice, is a total fanny looking like Joe 90s grandad, and the SFA keep selling us out on games