Scotland Football Club

shull

8 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

I'm confused! Were the goals "two howlers" or two strikes to be applauded? I don't see how it can be both. 

Unbelievable how desperate everyone is to blame keepers for every single goal scored these days. Every time there is a goal scored the keeper is analysed to within an inch of his life.

"the keeper's gotta do better than that", "the keeper will be disappointed with himself there", "the keeper's positioning is all wrong" etc etc etc.

Every single goal. Why can't we just appreciate good goals?

Next they'll be blaming Shilton for not saving Maradona's handball !

Hart never had an earthly with either goal. The minute it was over and passed the wall forget it. Griffiths was off and running the minute it left his foot !

6 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Think Strachan is too negative and I'm still trying to work out the defence and wide midfield formation. Tierney and Robertson playing alongside each other with Anya exposed on the right was bizarre.

:blink:

Tierney was playing left side of a 3 man central defence. Anya & Robertson were the wing backs.

You don't even know what you are watching! :lol::1eye

Edited by mcdowell76

Simple really. Joe Hart f**ked up big time twice, that was the basic reason that we even managed a draw. He was our star man. The 3 Celtic players who are being hung, drawn and quartered on this thread actually played really well and are (IMO) being victimised for their single errors. But hey, why criticise the England goalie when you can fire missiles at Celtic players ??
Sometimes bias bubbles to the surface without the perpetrator realising they are guilty of it.
[emoji14]

I don't believe Joe Hart fu*ked up, yes he organized his wall (Twice)
At the first free kick not one of the England players jumped, at the second they did jump and luckily for Scotland the ball flew in between the heads of two England players. To me, two class strikes.
Keep in mind, the ball on both occasions was traveling at pace and also, away from the keeper (Mr Hart)

I get that, but unfortunately it's not.  It's a sad reflection of the standard of player Scotland is producing these days.

It's not just Scotland. Listening to Jamie Redknapp, he also criticized the quality (or lack of) the England squad.
Coincidence or not. The amount of foreign players now in the EPL over the past 10 to 15 years has had an impact on English players coming through. Long gone are the days (70's and 80's) when I could probably have rhymed off the Scottish players playing in the top league in England, now it's just as hard to rhyme off the English players playing in the EPL. Chelsea played a full team of foreign players against Southampton I believe back in 2000.

Dundee played Ross County (1-1) back in May, combined there were 27 foreign players between both squads. (Note, squads and not all played that game) That could be a reason as to why we're not producing players good enough to play at the highest level.

Guest TPAFKATS
:blink:
Tierney was playing left side of a 3 man central defence. Anya & Robertson were the wing backs.
You don't even know what you are watching! [emoji38]:1eye

Might've been 3 at the back formation wise but Robertson and Tierney were still alongside each other a lot of the time.
The formation has nothing to do with my observation that Anya was isolated. Something England tried to expose from early in the first half.

You aren't very good at this are you? [emoji6][emoji6]

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, shull said:

Never read the record and if you look at the fifth item down on the right hand column, that's a good example of why I don't. , 'Rangers, Celtic and a few others'. The so called big two and sod the rest.

• 1 month later...

If I had been good enough, I could have chosen between Scotland and Northern Ireland. 

My 2 older children could have played for Scotland or Eire. 

The wee yin just wants to play for Real Madrid and nobody else. 

18 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Shinne should be  included instead of Whittaker.

In terms of pure ability I agree, but I suspect Whittaker has been selected due to the unbelievable lack of depth at right back. As far as I'm aware, before moving into midfield, Shinnie's full back days were at left back rather than right back. That would've meant we would have 3 natural left backs in the squad. Out of Tierney and Robertson, I've only seen Tierney perform adequately at right back. Maybe Shinnie could as well? I don't know.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

McGregor, all over the fecking place, hooked after 56 minutes.

Aye, he should be in the Scotland squad......................#bombscare. :lol:

But but but but 

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...