Scotland Football Club

shull

8 hours ago, Froggie said:

Sad days when we are desperate for two wins just to get a play-off place ! This campaign was ruined from the very start. At half time in the Malta game, Strachan looked like he had lost the place, although we went on to undeservedly win 5-1. Next game, a last minute equaliser against Lithuania before two 0-3 tankings which sealed our fate. Strachan had already conceded the group to England before a ball was kicked, such is his deference to the country where he resides. He is also deemed to be "loyal" to certain players, particularly those referred to by the press as "tried and trusted" ( in other words complete failures) whom he consistently selects for squads, whether they are fit, in form or even playing for their (English)club sides. The fact that these players have repeatedly failed to qualify us for any tournaments seems neither here nor there to Strachan. Should anyone have the audacity to question him on any point ( not that our lily livered press would even dare), his insolent, monosyllabic replies usually engender stifled laughter from the fourth estate. Such contempt does he hold them, and the fans, in.

As for tonight, and without having prior knowledge of the team, I fear he will pick a team to try and thwart the opposition instead of going full pelt at them - something which has always been Scotlands best tactic - by using players who should not be in the team, to the exclusion of form players. I hope we manage a win but cannot see 6 points in the bag by Sunday evening. On the bright side though, it must surely mean us seeing the back of Strachan.

Don't you EVER get fed up being a fud? :lol:

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, aye, that made the difference tonight, or any other game, ya trumpet. :lol:

It's not about making a difference in the Match.

it's about wearing a Scotland Strip at Hampden Park.

We do not need white sleeves on a Scotland Top.

Edited by shull

9 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Why play Tierney at RB when he does not have a right peg (at all)
He had a nightmare but not his fault and not fair on him.

Great Result though and the standouts for me were Griffiths, Berra, Mulgrew and Skrtel for his tidy finish

Simple.

Coz we don’t have another right back who isn’t completely and utterly shite.

Robertson has been superb at left back so no fair to drop him. 

Tierney didn’t have his best game last night, but he’s played just fine at right back in the past. 

Until he got injured, Calum Paterson was starting to look the part, but for the time being unfortunately Tierney is the best option IMO

Now the euphoria has calmed down a bit, time for a reality check.

Slovenia have played 4 games at home, won 3, drawn 1, scoring 7, conceding 0. :o

On the flip side we've won 4 from the last 5, drawing 1, scoring 9 and conceding only 2 with 4 clean sheets.

Ach, it'll be what it'll be, a superb effort from everybody concerned to get us into this position, last game and in with a shout of qualifying. 

Can't wait till Sunday, KO 5:00pm, live on Sky. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, billyg said:

As long as I make the Lounsdale Quiz for 9:30 , that's all that matters !

Well , how good was that ? Pub bouncing , everyone happy , quiz kicked off half an hour late , but no one was complaining !

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Now the euphoria has calmed down a bit, time for a reality check.

Slovenia have played 4 games at home, won 3, drawn 1, scoring 7, conceding 0. :o

On the flip side we've won 4 from the last 5, drawing 1, scoring 9 and conceding only 2 with 4 clean sheets.

Ach, it'll be what it'll be, a superb effort from everybody concerned to get us into this position, last game and in with a shout of qualifying. 

Can't wait till Sunday, KO 5:00pm, live on Sky. :rolleyes:

We would have taken this at the start of qualifying for definite.

If it doesn't go our way then we gave it a damn good try.

BetterScotland teams have failed to qualify but this team puts in the graft and works for each other.

That can sometimes go a long way playing against more technically gifted teams.

2 minutes ago, Longtimecoming said:

We would have taken this at the start of qualifying for definite.

If it doesn't go our way then we gave it a damn good try.

BetterScotland teams have failed to qualify but this team puts in the graft and works for each other.

That can sometimes go a long way playing against more technically gifted teams.

Indeed we would.

Just slightly annoying but for that last minute equaliser against England we would already have secured 2nd place.

Thems the breaks. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed we would.

Just slightly annoying but for that last minute equaliser against England we would already have secured 2nd place.

Thems the breaks. 

Very true.

Suppose that has been more than balanced out by the very late goals against Lithuania, Slovenia and Slovakia.

I only saw the brief highlights, having to rely on radio coverage but the tremendous victory against mostly 10 men with a last minute own goal has not changed my mind about Strachan or the selection of non Scots in the team. Contrary to others opinions, I am not depressed about the national team. I don't go and watch them or even see on tv, but as a football fan I just have an opinion. Is that ok with you Faraway ?

We may win on Sunday, I hope we do, but with the players available a much better effort could have been made if someone competent had been in charge. Jack Ross could do a better job in his tea break than Strachan.

I listened to the match on Radio Shortbread last night. I'm not a fan of shite quality online streams, but listening on the wireless was brutal.

For Sunday, I intend to purchase a NOW TV day sports pass for £6.99. I can use some of the cash I'm saving by not going to the diddy cup game tomorrow:)

51 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I only saw the brief highlights, having to rely on radio coverage but the tremendous victory against mostly 10 men with a last minute own goal has not changed my mind about Strachan or the selection of non Scots in the team. Contrary to others opinions, I am not depressed about the national team. I don't go and watch them or even see on tv, but as a football fan I just have an opinion. Is that ok with you Faraway ?

We may win on Sunday, I hope we do, but with the players available a much better effort could have been made if someone competent had been in charge. Jack Ross could do a better job in his tea break than Strachan.

:snore

I think you are depressed, and are trying to depress everybody else.

:byebye