Scotland Football Club

shull

I think the formation works. Results-wise it is definitely effective, but from an entertainment point of view it is a borefest. Maybe when we get the players who are missing back, that could make even more effective and give us a bit of excitement into the bargain. 

Both full backs have to go for starters. Palmer and Robertson back in. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'd take a draw right now, 4 points from the Czech's would have been acceptable before the group started.

As long as we run about will be enough for some. :lol:

@oaksoft #easilypleased

C'mon Scotland. :thumbs2

Why on earth would you take a draw before a ball is even kicked? :D

3pts. Never in doubt.AND we could have had 3 more goals. Fraser could have had a hatrick and then McBurnie off the bar again.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Who said it wasn't?

You're at it again, making things up.

Run along, this really isn't a thread for you. 

I'll run along in a minute.

I'm just waiting for your "aye but" post to try and piss on the chips of our fantastic win.

Let's be having you then? I've got bed to get to so get a move on.

What's your "aye but" tonight then Mr Miserychops?

Just now, oaksoft said:

I'll run along in a minute.

I'm just waiting for your "aye but" post to try and piss on the chips of our fantastic win.

Let's be having you then? I've got bed to get to so get a move on.

What's your "aye but" tonight then Mr Miserychops?

You just post empty soundbites, no ability to see the whole game, shades of bazil in your simple approach but if it keeps you happy, fire in.

You're one of the airheads that would have thought St Mirren were heading for the top 6 earlier in the season, can't see what's obvious to most people. :lol:

Anyhow, we hung in, carried luck at times against a decent team, they missed some stinkers.

McGinn, again, showed he's our best player by a mile, goalie, as @Yflab said is also steady overall.

Dykes works hard, causes problems, Fraser was decent, better than the last game.

Luckily we should have at least one decent full back for the nest game, the 2 tonight were shocking, distribution was horrific. 

Can't wait for next month, that makes a wee change following Scotland. 

47 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I think the formation works. Results-wise it is definitely effective, but from an entertainment point of view it is a borefest. Maybe when we get the players who are missing back, that could make even more effective and give us a bit of excitement into the bargain. 

Both full backs have to go for starters. Palmer and Robertson back in. 

I think that’s harsh tonight PB. 
I think Scotland provided plenty entertainment tonight. Created some great chances in the first half with a really positive performance and second half entertained us with some brilliant defending and the odd chance on the break. 
I for one was entertained tonight from start to finish. 

43 minutes ago, Yflab said:

David Marshall has done really well the last few games. 

David Marshall is and always has been a great keeper.

I’m going to make a bold statement here. 
if you go back to the mid 00s when Gordon was in his prime and our back up keepers were McGregor and Marshall, I don’t think there has ever been in the history of international football, a team that has had 3 better keepers available to them at the same time. 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think that’s harsh tonight PB. 
I think Scotland provided plenty entertainment tonight. Created some great chances in the first half with a really positive performance and second half entertained us with some brilliant defending and the odd chance on the break. 
I for one was entertained tonight from start to finish. 

I would say the Czechs played entertaining attractive football, but came up against a well organised resilient team who were VERY hard to break down. We were boring, but absolutely effective! I was entertained only by the fact that I am a die-hard Scotland fan who was desperate for a win. If I were a neutral, I would have been bored to tears by us. 

Don't get me wrong though, after 20 years of shite results, I will take 'effective'  all day long. 

6 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I would say the Czechs played entertaining attractive football, but came up against a well organised resilient team who were VERY hard to break down. We were boring, but absolutely effective! I was entertained only by the fact that I am a die-hard Scotland fan who was desperate for a win. If I were a neutral, I would have been bored to tears by us. 

Don't get me wrong though, after 20 years of shite results, I will take 'effective'  all day long. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one Bud. 

It's mixed feelings, overall, on last nights match.

There's no doubt not losing for 8 games on the trot is something to be happy about but the opposition in these games certainly play a part in this. 

The Czech's are, IMO, the only team worth mentioning in the last 8 games.

Over the years we've played better and lost so Clarke is showing why he's a good manager, getting the best from the players at his disposal. 

The manager has bravely stuck to a system that he and the players believe in and we are getting the rewards.

It wasn't that long ago he was getting criticised for his approach so credit to him for sticking with it.

As I mentioned last night, McGinn is getting stronger and more confident in each game, IMO he should be captain although that's unlikely with the return of Robertson. 

It's been a while since we've had something to look forward to like next months game, and while Serbia will be favourites, like @TPAFKA Jersey 2 has already mentioned, 5/1 is generous as we're confident and that makes a difference to the players when they step onto the park. 

The only "stat" that really matters is the scoreline but this is something to be aware of, we are unlikely to keep winning games with these stats............

image.png.4d9d21908c0efa0d5bbab1d8d3399b19.png