Scotland Football Club

shull

7 hours ago, billyg said:

International breaks are like the close-season -_-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There is nothing more zzzzzzzzzzzzzz than this completely pointless post by someone who clearly claims not to give a shit about international football, but for some reason felt compelled to to come on to a thread about .....erm........ international football, to post some boring shite about not caring about international football. :lol:

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is it just me or is anyone else confused why so many commentators, pundits and even ordinary punters seem hell bent on overcomplicating this Nations League thing and making the qualification process seem to be like rocket science?

It’s so straightforward it’s unbelievable. A feckin moron could understand it. What are they finding so difficult about it.

What’s more I think it’s a crackin idea and think it works a treat in dramatically reducing if not quite irradiating pointless friendlies. 

The Nigels were going bonkers at their result today and that Switzerland Belgium game tonight was superb. 

To help anyone who's not too sure................https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45860429

I think it's a help that we need to beat Israel, if it had been a case of a draw would have done we all know how that can go so...............

Set about them from the start, get them on the back foot and the crowd involved in the game.

Easy. 

Whilst I will be there hoping for a win on Tuesday, we will still be alive with a draw.

A draw will mean we finish as the highest ranked second place team - on goal difference from Bulgaria.

One of the teams likely to win their group is Serbia - who surely have a good shout in normal qualifying.

If they make it then we would replace them in the Playoffs in 2020.

Added benefit is that we would stay in Group C and have another crack at a qualification spot in the next qualifying campaign :-)

That said - lets just win it!

28 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Whilst I will be there hoping for a win on Tuesday, we will still be alive with a draw.

A draw will mean we finish as the highest ranked second place team - on goal difference from Bulgaria.

One of the teams likely to win their group is Serbia - who surely have a good shout in normal qualifying.

If they make it then we would replace them in the Playoffs in 2020.

Added benefit is that we would stay in Group C and have another crack at a qualification spot in the next qualifying campaign :-)

That said - lets just win it!

Much as I like your thinking Southside, Serbia are in League C with us for a reason, so I suspect that they are probably as likely to qualify through the normal route as we are.

Like you say though, we won't be completely dead.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

There is nothing more zzzzzzzzzzzzzz than this completely pointless post by someone who clearly claims not to give a shit about international football, but for some reason felt compelled to to come on to a thread about .....erm........ international football, to post some boring shite about not caring about international football. :lol:

Not so. It's another conversation piece within the subject of this thread. Most normal football fans that I have encountered over the last few days all say the same thing. Let's get back to the days when international football was played midweek thus not affecting the regular Saturday/weekend games. We qualified for 4+ World Cups back in those days , playing club football on the Saturdays with WC qualifying ties sandwiched in between. Less call-offs then too because a player wasn't able to cry off injured midweek then play on the Saturday !

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Not so. It's another conversation piece within the subject of this thread. Most normal football fans that I have encountered over the last few days all say the same thing. Let's get back to the days when international football was played midweek thus not affecting the regular Saturday/weekend games. We qualified for 4+ World Cups back in those days , playing club football on the Saturdays with WC qualifying ties sandwiched in between. Less call-offs then too because a player wasn't able to cry off injured midweek then play on the Saturday !

Our recent poor record in not qualifying has nothing to do with the format/International break, much more to do with the decline in many decent Scottish players, especially playing at a decent level.

Our national team, back then, had players playing in England with the top teams, now, Robertson apart, we have nothing like the same players in the top teams.

No point in looking back, more could be gained in looking into why we don't produce the quality of players that attract the better teams. 

42 minutes ago, billyg said:

Agreed. 

International matches should all be on a Wednesday night the way they used to be. 

Only play on a Saturday once league Season is over. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Bet 365 offering 3/1, I don't think they'll score as, surely, we cannot play as badly again..........................can we? :shutup

No matter how well we're playing,  I reckon we're always prone to the odd lapse in concentration. 

3-1 Scotland hopefully. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

No matter how well we're playing,  I reckon we're always prone to the odd lapse in concentration. 

3-1 Scotland hopefully. 

I'm basing it more on the fact I don't rate Israel, we made them look decent with possibly our worst performance since Georgia a few season ago.

Time will tell, I'd be quite happy with your prediction. 

Stoating about Venice but no success in finding a pub showing the game. None of these pubs in the Jewish ghetto showing the match. Shame on the Israelites. it Looks like I'll have to watch the Juve v Spal game instead. It'll probably be the first decent game I've seen all season.