Scotland Football Club

shull

McGinn, like most of team, was better but still disappointing in my opinion. 
We, like most average teams, could do with a natural finisher, Adams looked off the boil tonight.
As well as we played they were honking, we almost always take an extra touch which loses us momentum and better chances.

Adams seems to have a fear of shooting, over plays it and by that point the chances are gone

I quite liked Anya on the wing ( usually last half hour , good pace/drive) we need to find one or two who can take chances

Time for new blood up front, perhaps take a chance on younger guys U21?

1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Adams seems to have a fear of shooting, over plays it and by that point the chances are gone

I quite liked Anya on the wing ( usually last half hour , good pace/drive) we need to find one or two who can take chances

Time for new blood up front, perhaps take a chance on younger guys U21?

Ross Stewart?

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Win 2-1 and this will be Kenny's last game as Eire boss.

I am not sure of the latter but would certainly take the former if offered now. Looking at the comments, folks are suggesting a close game played in a “robust” manner with no quarter given. Mad , I may well be, but I am looking forward to it. COS

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Eh?

They've only lost three from the last 12 games? 

Maybe because of this

In competitive matches, he has won none of eight at home (only two goals scored) and just two of 11 when friendlies are included. In the last seven years, the only teams the Republic have beaten at home in tournament matches are Georgia, Moldova and Gibraltar.

25 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Maybe because of this

In competitive matches, he has won none of eight at home (only two goals scored) and just two of 11 when friendlies are included. In the last seven years, the only teams the Republic have beaten at home in tournament matches are Georgia, Moldova and Gibraltar.

You make a compelling case. This will be a very hard fought game, one would think.

Changed days when we've pundits speaking of us having 9 points from the first three games.

Who cares about all that tempting fate shite, we're a decent team, 9 wins from the last ten backs that up.

Get right into them. 

Fecks sake, one of the Irish rugby team is playing today, a big wee black fellow, keep an eye on him, he'll be picking up the ball whenever he gets a chance. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

Is it any wonder we have an alcohol problem in Scotland.

Very big half time team talk. 

My Coca Cola is enough for me! I do see your point though. Started slowly then as we seemed to be coming into it we lost a goal and repeat. Meanwhile we miss two decent chances but get a doubtful foul against Gordon that I didn’t see. Score is about right and the second Irish goal was a gem.