Jump to content

Ukraine v Scotland Nations League 27/9/22


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts


Banner in the crowd. Renfrewshire United. Unusual performance so far. Austria the team on the front foot. Scotland set up to contain but defending too deep and consequently Gordon has been called on more than is healthy to make good saves. A slice of luck to score ( still think there may have been a foul on the defender)

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, a decent performance, started brightly, got pinned back after 10 mins or so, scored after Adams could have done better from a great break.

All in all, fortunate to be in front, Gordon's had a few good saves.

Changed days, seen us play well and get nothing.

0-1 half time. 

Just seen an Arbroath boy in the crowd. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well, a decent performance, started brightly, got pinned back after 10 mins or so, scored after Adams could have done better from a great break.

All in all, fortunate to be in front, Gordon's had a few good saves.

Changed days, seen us play well and get nothing.

0-1 half time. 

Just seen an Arbroath boy in the crowd. :lol:

 

Surprisingly entertaining match. Gordon has made a number of good saves. McGinn missed a couple early. Probably  a bit lucky to be ahead but goes other way often enough so we will take it. Looking forward to second half.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, guinness said:

Surprisingly entertaining match. Gordon has made a number of good saves. McGinn missed a couple early. Probably  a bit lucky to be ahead but goes other way often enough so we will take it. Looking forward to second half.

 

If the ref looks at the goal again he might give Austria something in the second half. Hendry got away with one there. Had that been against us at Hampden then we would have been wild IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, guinness said:

Surprisingly entertaining match. Gordon has made a number of good saves. McGinn missed a couple early. Probably  a bit lucky to be ahead but goes other way often enough so we will take it. Looking forward to second half.

 

Both teams are looking to get up the park when they can, more possession for Austria but we look dangerous. 

Aye, a decent watch, made better by the scoreline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The much maligned Hanley assisted the goal and just made a great block when an equaliser looked likely. 

0-1, 34 mins. 

Historically he definitely was much maligned but I think he is much less much maligned 😄 (if ye know what I mean).

I think folk are coming round to the idea that he’s turned into a pretty good defender. He also has fantastic pace. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to be in front and fortunate. Sat too deep for my taste although this also created space for counter attacks. So what do I know? Not much. Possession and number of passes mean little these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Historically he definitely was much maligned but I think he is much less much maligned 😄 (if ye know what I mean).

I think folk are coming round to the idea that he’s turned into a pretty good defender. He also has fantastic pace. 

I think becuase he's a big unit and not Bobby Moore (couldnae spell Franz Beckenbauer) he attracts some criticism.

Steady, and, as you say, mobile enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, faraway saint said:

O'Donnell doing what he does best, steady defending, alas his attacking capability is mince, horses for courses. 

0-2 75 mins. 

FFS, Hanley gets under the ball, a goal back.

1-2. 76 mins. 

Calm down boys, no time to panic. 

Gilmour coming on, he'll hold the ball, if he gets the chance. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • shull changed the title to Ukraine v Scotland Nations League 27/9/22

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...