St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

shull

FT 6-2

Easy 3 points. Game was finished after 25 minutes.

Only noteworthy thing to happen after that was Lewis Morgan leaving the field on a stretcher. He's been tremendous for us lately which culminated in a call up and subsequent MOTM performance for Scotland U21's during the week. Initial reports say suspected broken ankle. He's going to be a big miss if we don't see him again this season

We could go 8th next week if we beat Dumbarton, Raith lose in Dunfermline and Ayr don't beat QOTS. Pretty remarkable when you consider we have been 10th since September, and we still are.

The main thing is we are in the mix, and that's more than I thought we would be in January. Get well soon Lewis Morgan.

Looked like an off the ball foul on Stelios (who was superb today) in the lead up to their second.

We strolled that today. Superb stuff after a nervy first 5 minutes. 6 different goal scorers - great stuff. Hellish injury for Lewis. Gutted about that, but otherwise a great afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Looked like an off the ball foul on Stelios (who was superb today) in the lead up to their second.

We strolled that today. Superb stuff after a nervy first 5 minutes. 6 different goal scorers - great stuff. Hellish injury for Lewis. Gutted about that, but otherwise a great afternoon.

Blatant check by the Ayr player .

First half was 10/10, wiped the floor with Ayr, really was men v boys!

Biggest blow of the day is Lewis Morgan's injury, thought he was outstanding again today... wish him all the best!

The two goals conceded aside, what a massive 3 points... same again next week please saints!

El classico! There is no doubt about it Jack Ross is building something special. What a performance!

Terrific atmosphere at the new stadium. Place will be bouncing when Dumbarton visit next week. Gutted to miss it.

Delighted for my young son to finally witness a St Mirren win.

Gutted to see young Morgan get carried off with what looked like a broken ankle.

#wearestayingup

Football can be a cruel game. International cap and MoM performance caps it of with a great goal then has his season snatched away from him. Absolutely devastated for the boy.

Great performance from the lads today but Morgan's injury really has soured a great day. He's been sensational this season.

Fantastic performance. Some of football today was superb. Made 2 silly mistakes at the back which should have done better at. apart from his mistake for the 2nd goal I thought Stellos was MOM but you could pick anybody today. Mallan. McGinn. Smith. Loy. and Morgan were fantastic. just a shame about Morgan's injury.

In terms of the two goals conceded, I felt that the players were affected by the Morgan injury and the inevitable change in shape. This probably contributed to the lack of concentration at the first. The second shouldn't have happened as the game should have been stopped for a foul on Stelios.

Will miss Morgan's pace and goalscoring without doubt. We are slow across the ground without him and Smith together in the line up and it showed last week. Think we still have class and the mental strength enough to stay up anyway but hopefully he will ready for the start of the league season. There aren't many skilful speedy two footed goal scoring wingers around that's for sure.

Shite, should have stuck with Rae:P

Great game, Great performance. Just hope Morgan is ok! 

I think he'd be a big miss his pace frightens teams. You could see the Ayr back four give a collective sigh of relief after he went off. 

While I don't usually complain about "the physical side of things," Ayr were shocking and could have had two sent off,  For the Morgan injury, it looked a foul to me but not a particularly bad one. 

The only concern I have is O'Brian who looked a bit silly at both goals.

And the ref was poor as usual