Hibs v Morton Hooli Hooli Hooligans

shull

39 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Looking at the footage, I agree with Ned Lennon.

Can't believe I just said that. :blink:

I think it's a bit 50/50, Lennon had no right being on the pitch, and he was, after the Morton player went down. It wasn't a proper head-butt but McGregor will get done as he did lead with his head. Lennon then goes to have a right go at the Morton player and Duffy charges in. Had Lennon managed to let the ref do his job neither management team would have got involved, Duffy then didn't cover himself in glory although I did like his last comment re "what happens next" when he says "I don't know as I've never been in this situation before, maybe you should ask Lenny"

The way I look at this is if it happened in front of Jack Ross or any other manager they would have reacted in the same way.

Darren McGregor should be let off with this IMO as he didn't touch this guy. The Morton thug should be done for both the reckless tackle and simulation. 

We need to stamp out simulation not encourage it.

Edited by Kendo

Whether they would react the same way or not is irrelevant Kendo, it is in contravention of the rules and it is what provoked the chaos. McGregor will also be done as what he did was also against the rules, whether he makes contact is again irrelevant, he lead with his head. I agree we need to stamp out simulation but again it has no relevance to the rights and wrongs of this situation in light of current rules.

The Morton thug will rightly be banned and with any luck will get extra games for his simulation (don't hold your breath though!!)

7 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Whether they would react the same way or not is irrelevant Kendo, it is in contravention of the rules and it is what provoked the chaos. McGregor will also be done as what he did was also against the rules, whether he makes contact is again irrelevant, he lead with his head. I agree we need to stamp out simulation but again it has no relevance to the rights and wrongs of this situation in light of current rules.

The Morton thug will rightly be banned and with any luck will get extra games for his simulation (don't hold your breath though!!)

I agree. However seeing one of your players being taken out like that right in front of you causes a human reaction that the rules don't cater for. Lennon's initial reaction isn't that bad. 

I hope McGregor gets off with this as I hate to see players going down in an attempt to get a player sent off. I do see the point that you're making however regards leading with his head. However if it was up to me I'd let him off and hammer the Morton guy.

Are either Hibs or Morton due to play Ayr or Dumbarton soon? If so, the authorities should issue no bans to anyone associated with Hibernian FC or Greenock Morton FC. The clear solution to stamp out pish like this is for the authorities to hammer Ayr United and Dumbarton. Clearly, they are the ones at fault here.

Both managers here are an absolute disgrace. They should both receive the maximum punishment the SFA can inflict. It was so outrageous even Sky News want to show it. Throw the book at them. Couple of fecking school kids. That is not the example to set.   It was good TV though and the interviews were priceless.

As Jack and Victor would say "Couple o Fannies"

:withstupid  

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Are either Hibs or Morton due to play Ayr or Dumbarton soon? If so, the authorities should issue no bans to anyone associated with Hibernian FC or Greenock Morton FC. The clear solution to stamp out pish like this is for the authorities to hammer Ayr United and Dumbarton. Clearly, they are the ones at fault here.

We play Dumbarton on Saturday!!

30th March 2017 by Jonathan Mitchell

In response to the conclusion of last night’s Ladbrokes Championship fixture against Hibernian at Easter Road, Morton manager Jim Duffy has today issued the following statement:

Firstly, I would like to say that I watched the footage on television last night and, from my point of view, I was embarrassed when I saw my reaction.

I am not going to get involved in a public debate with the Hibs manager, but what I would state is that I categorically, 100 per cent did not ask for a ‘square go’ or use anything even remotely like that term. Yes, I acted immaturely – but I’m not 12 years old.

Edited by shull