Skyview and Involvement with St.Mirren FC

Lord Pityme

17 hours ago, mad saint 2 said:

hope its a good wad off cash 

we need to bring new much more revenue 

sponsors are life blood off  ant club ,we got pennies for renaming stadium,

keep it coming ,

welcome to the saints family

How much is Pennies, and surely it's only till 2021?

12 minutes ago, melmac said:

Great, show us the money. The big guy seems to have a few scheckles.

Lets get two corners filled in for standing; a half decent tannoy system put in; tv's in the pie areas for showing the game when your getting the bovril; and maybe a new 4k large screen for the scoreboard. Have I missed anything? Oh, heated seats.

Corners filled in and space underneath rented out to Social Enterprises 

19 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Money coming into the club should never be treated lightly, of course we can use all the money we can get. What we can do without is money gained by questionable means. I have no idea why this company wish to sponsor Saints and i have absolutely no idea where their money comes from. I would like them and the club to explain these points to us. And i am hoping that any investment in our club will be subject to scrutiny by the proper government authorities.

Why does the club need to explain any deals that they conclude. The Directors of the business are accountable to the shareholders and only them. They make decisions fir the good of the club. That is their legal duties. There are rules in place for the shareholders to call the Directors to task if required.  

The fall down is that GLS is the majority shareholder and he can do what he basically wants. It's time for certain sections of our fans to let the qualified people get on and do their job and not question or expect to be notified on every decision that goes on. 

On on the flip side if you have any genuine concerns on any of the connections that the club have you are within you rights to table them. I would however expect that before concerns were raised that proper due diligence be undertaken. Unlike most fans you are on the SMISA board and have the ear of the Directors 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, Lord Pityme said:

One of several fundemental reasons (didnt know about Skyview until today) for distancing myself from smisa board. It will be an 'interesting' AGM.

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, Drew said:

Given your previous with mischievous shit stirring, I'm inclined to take this with a pinch of salt. If you have more substance to back up your angle, why not share?

Crying wolf again?

what's the point of waiting till the AGM?

If you have something worth sharing, I reckon there'll be at least 1299 others interested in what you've got to say, if it really is worth hearing.

Nowhere does it say that Skyview are partners in the club itself, it does though say that the club has entered in to a partnership with them. It's blatantly obvious there's nothing untoward going on and that it's a standard sponsorship partnership. I also see no reason why SMISA should have been aware of Skyview or even Joma until the announcement was made.

Money coming into the club should never be treated lightly, of course we can use all the money we can get. What we can do without is money gained by questionable means. I have no idea why this company wish to sponsor Saints and i have absolutely no idea where their money comes from. I would like them and the club to explain these points to us. And i am hoping that any investment in our club will be subject to scrutiny by the proper government authorities.

There has been absolutely no announcement that Skyview or even anybody else has invested in the club. Why would any sponsor need to explain why they want to sponsor us? For some unknown reason we seem to have become a club whom we can't just allow good things to happen to. An International sponsor comes in, if we work with them it may open other doors and that could help the development of the club and the fan ownership that we're working towards.. But no, we see people come on and question them instead of looking to work with them. The time spent on this crippled hare of a thread could have been spent engaging with them, asking if they'd like to work with SMISA. Instead we see some mythical investment discussed, whilst a man who was unable to get his deal over the line under various guises offers his advice.

51 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That is as outrageous a statement as it is brainless.

Who rattled your cage? No wonder i don't post on here often. I proffer an opinion and all i get is a personal insult. I am sure that those who know me will be surprised that I have been masquerading all these years as someone who can string a sentence together. No need to reply as I have better things to do rather than read any further incorrect statements about me and/or my opinion. Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 hour ago, dblue said:

Who rattled your cage? No wonder i don't post on here often. I proffer an opinion and all i get is a personal insult. I am sure that those who know me will be surprised that I have been masquerading all these years as someone who can string a sentence together. No need to reply as I have better things to do rather than read any further incorrect statements about me and/or my opinion. Enjoy the rest of your day.

He wasn't the only person who thought your use if the term "to launder money" was rather, and I'm being careful here as you seem a sensitive soul, unnecessary and way out of context. I'll leave it at that, you've had to cope with enough upset for one day. :rolleyes:

Big Front Door, The Cooncil,  and West College Scotland are just three other sponsors of the Club. Maybe we need Columbo to perform a wee investigation on all sponsors and see what he can find - guilty unless you prove your innocence seems to be the way ahead. Or why not just quadruple the SMiSA donations and members so we do not need any sponsors at all?

On 31/03/2017 at 7:06 PM, Gruffalo said:

Why does the club need to explain any deals that they conclude. The Directors of the business are accountable to the shareholders and only them. They make decisions fir the good of the club. That is their legal duties. There are rules in place for the shareholders to call the Directors to task if required.  

The fall down is that GLS is the majority shareholder and he can do what he basically wants. It's time for certain sections of our fans to let the qualified people get on and do their job and not question or expect to be notified on every decision that goes on. 

On on the flip side if you have any genuine concerns on any of the connections that the club have you are within you rights to table them. I would however expect that before concerns were raised that proper due diligence be undertaken. Unlike most fans you are on the SMISA board and have the ear of the Directors 

because of concepts like business ethics, probity, due dilligence and being a good corporate citizen. Any company with a good level of public profile needs to make sure that they are dealing with entitities that are not ikely to bring problems to their door

46 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

because of concepts like business ethics, probity, due dilligence and being a good corporate citizen. Any company with a good level of public profile needs to make sure that they are dealing with entitities that are not ikely to bring problems to their door

This is the due diligence that I would expect the Directors of the company to undertake and I would like to think that they have already undertaken this.

There are however some on here who have the opinion that because they pay their £12/month that they are entitled to have a say in all of the decisions in the running of the club and how the money is spent.