Skyview and Involvement with St.Mirren FC

Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dunno, but they do quite nicely out of the Lottery millionaires.

I think the response you might be looking for is “oh yes, that’s right , thistle got a great sponsorship deal from a company none of us have ever heard of and they are still alive !!” 

on a larger but similar theme , How many Man United fans can even spell AON , let alone know what they do ?

Based on the information available just now, it seems to me that they will have no influence over the running or stewardship of the club.
I won't pretend that I didn't raise an eyebrow, but, assuming they don't indulge in unethical practices and are merely a sponsor, I'll not be assuming that there is anything potentially sinister in this. Unless, of course, anyone can provide any evidence to the contrary.
ETA: the thread title seems to be unnecessarily alarmist and sensationalist, no?
I wouldnt mind them popping a wee sinister couple of mil into our accts for our euro push next season.

On 19/03/2018 at 8:59 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Why don’t Saints strike a new deal with Foxbar video . It’s the way ahead :P

I never use them, they always seem to stock that new VHS thing...... I will stick with my betamax, thats the one that we will all be using.  Come to think of it I havent been to a video shop for a while!

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

I never use them, they always seem to stock that new VHS thing...... I will stick with my betamax, thats the one that we will all be using.  Come to think of it I havent been to a video shop for a while!

Do you still go down the arcade for a wee shot on "What The Butler Saw"?

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, melmac said:

Bar some scheckles (presumably - how much?), what do Skyview Capital LLC bring to the table and what expertise from SC could the club benefit?

They just like to donate to worthy charities. :rolleyes:

https://www.stmirren.com/images/downloads/Skyview-Capital-Announces-Sponsorship-Deal-with-St-Mirren-Football-Club.pdf

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, melmac said:

Bar some scheckles (presumably - how much?), what do Skyview Capital LLC bring to the table and what expertise from SC could the club benefit?

As much as other club's sponsors I'd imagine.

As you say a sizeable amount of money.

I'd be surprised if any other club expected anything more.

6 hours ago, pod said:

Good man, cheers, had not seen that before. You've got to wonder why the club have not asked them for some input on the commercial front as I think most people would agree, there is plenty of room for improvement.

3 minutes ago, melmac said:

Good man, cheers, had not seen that before. You've got to wonder why the club have not asked them for some input on the commercial front as I think most people would agree, there is plenty of room for improvement.

How do you know that they haven't?