Patience

This seems to be the buzzword for today's game.

It makes sense. We, the supporters, must, of course be patient. The players are likely to be a bit nervous, and getting on their backs from early in the match if things aren't going entirely our way won't help matters.

We've had some huge results that were a wee while in coming, and had us shifting in our seats for fairly long periods (that's shifting, with an 'f', though I suspect many, like me, were close to the other).

The final game of the famous Hendrie season against Raith. Massive expectation, but the team were nervy and slow to get going. The Fir Park Great Escape. Even the most optimistic among us thought we were dead and buried, until.... Then there was the pummelling of Falkirk in Grangemouth. We were battering them but the first goal was agonisingly long in coming. There have been others, of course, such as the 1987 cup final.

Aye, patience will be key today, folks, but if anyone posts that Gary f**king Borelaw song I WILL find you, and I WILL kill you!

1 minute ago, Drew said:

This seems to be the buzzword for today's game.

It makes sense. We, the supporters, must, of course be patient. The players are likely to be a bit nervous, and getting on their backs from early in the match if things aren't going entirely our way won't help matters.

We've had some huge results that were a wee while in coming, and had us shifting in our seats for fairly long periods (that's shifting, with an 'f', though I suspect many, like me, were close to the other).

The final game of the famous Hendrie season against Raith. Massive expectation, but the team were nervy and slow to get going. The Fir Park Great Escape. Even the most optimistic among us thought we were dead and buried, until.... Then there was the pummelling of Falkirk in Grangemouth. We were battering them but the first goal was agonisingly long in coming. There have been others, of course, such as the 1987 cup final.

Aye, patience will be key today, folks, but if anyone posts that Gary f**king Borelaw song I WILL find you, and I WILL kill you!

What if the drummer plays it? :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
Had to be very patient today - for a whole five minutes [emoji2]

Indeed Ayr won a corner and a couple of midfield "battles" however we remained patient [emoji3]

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Indeed Ayr won a corner and a couple of midfield "battles" however we remained patient emoji3.png

I was actually a bit concerned with how they started the game as I'd felt the looked more up for it than us and was a bit worried. I'm as good at forecasting things as Michael Fish.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

I was actually a bit concerned with how they started the game as I'd felt the looked more up for it than us and was a bit worried. I'm as good at forecasting things as Michael Fish.

You need to learn to be more patient. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

You're spot on. First 5 minutes they were knocking it about well, and I was a bit worried too.

Silly me.