St Mirren v Dumbarton Championship 8/4/17

shull

Just now, FTOF said:

Morgan will be a huge miss for us.

Absolutely.

Smith doesn't seem comfortable on the wing, and we'll miss him supporting the main striker in a central area. Morgan terrorises defences, and, as you say, we'll miss him badly.

4 hours ago, Losing My Religion said:

Still leaking goals... if they can keep it tight at the back, they could sneak something off of us - as they are guaranteed a goal or two!

I'd rather we drubbed teams 6v2 than win 1 or 2 nil any day. If opening up and scoring 6 means losing a couple so be it. Every football fan would take that I'm sure. Morgan will be a loss for sure but super Stelios looks tailor made for a more attacking role, a very exciting prospect.

This game could be the day it finally all changes.

A win from us, along with a Raith defeat and Ayr doing no better than a draw has us 8th with a game in hand over 9th and 10th.

Those three outcomes are completely plausible and probably the more likely ones.

Like others, I would love to see Stelios get the chance to fill in for Lewis Morgan and Gary Irvine to slot back in at full back.

I think we will win this game 3-1 and be no worse than 9th come Saturday evening.

7 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

After yesterday's results I wouldn't be surprised if Ayr and Raith both win on Saturday. And us, of course.

Would suddenly become very tight in the bottom six.

Yup indeed - I need to double check if we can still catch Dundee United in 4th :D

Imagine we end up 6th - what an end to the season! 

If the bottom 3 all win on Saturday and we beat Morton on the Tuesday, we would be 3 points off 5th place. Admittedly, we'd only be 2 points off 10th. That would really be squeaky bum time all around.

While I'd rather that our two nearest rivals fell away and took 9th and 10th immediately, if we faced the scenario you describe I'd be confident that we would be one of the stronger - if not the strongest - team in a five team shoot out. We've been under that pressure for the longest time and haven't cracked. Lets see how the others do now the heat is on. We are battle hardened not battle weary - not sure our rivals can say the same.

It's going to be an exciting run in no matter what happens. ????

17 hours ago, southsidebud said:

This game could be the day it finally all changes.

A win from us, along with a Raith defeat and Ayr doing no better than a draw has us 8th with a game in hand over 9th and 10th.

Those three outcomes are completely plausible and probably the more likely ones.

Like others, I would love to see Stelios get the chance to fill in for Lewis Morgan and Gary Irvine to slot back in at full back.

I think we will win this game 3-1 and be no worse than 9th come Saturday evening.

I hope you have this right on all counts!

Dumbarton are a stuffy, difficult to beat group of players who combine to create a team which plays above their individual abilities.

Also .....  I think their "emergency loan" striker scored the winner on Saturday past!

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, Losing My Religion said:

Still leaking goals... if they can keep it tight at the back, they could sneak something off of us - as they are guaranteed a goal or two!

The reason we lost 2 goals was that the players were shocked with Lewis's injury, and it totally changed our shape.... Simply the best first 35 mins for years....

We are not just beating teams - including the Raith debacle on the bumpy pitch we are 16 points from 21 points For 15 against 6... Only Celtic and Dons are better in Scotland.....

5-1 Saints..,.... Crowd 5100.....

Incidentally Ton had 21   shots, had a goal chalked off and hit woodwork 3 times

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I hope you have this right on all counts!

Dumbarton are a stuffy, difficult to beat group of players who combine to create a team which plays above their individual abilities.

Also .....  I think their "emergency loan" striker scored the winner on Saturday past!

Yep - agreed. I keep waiting for them to drop but they keep plugging away and getting results. Damn them!