Morgan

8 hours ago, FTOF said:

I think we need someone with 25+ years experience in dealing with sports injuries at a professional football club to help us out.

Just where could we find someone with that level of expertise?:rolleyes:

Not biting! I don't have enough information to attempt a prognosis.

:sorry

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Whats the panels thoughts on Josh Todd, can he do it for us?

He did well in the assist for our 6th (sixth) goal on Saturday. Hard to say what his best position is, though. I think Todd has managed to score a few for the reserves, so he might be worth a look in, though unlikely to be a first pick.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

He did well in the assist for our 6th (sixth) goal on Saturday. Hard to say what his best position is, though. I think Todd has managed to score a few for the reserves, so he might be worth a look in, though unlikely to be a first pick.

Yeah, just liked our shape Sat and fact that we passed so well, closed down Ayr and then had pace, plus Lewis can score and get to by line....... regardless, he wont play Sat, and with Loy, Smith and Stellios we suddenly have pace

I think left midfield in the three is an ideal role for Stelios. He's got the pace and the skill to beat a man and he can pick out a pass.

Might not have the finishing ability of Morgan but we've plenty of players in the team that can score goals.

Really liked the movement of Smith & Loy up front on Saturday, they tore Ayr to bits and I see no reason why they won't do the same to Dumbarton.

5 minutes ago, div said:

I think left midfield in the three is an ideal role for Stelios. He's got the pace and the skill to beat a man and he can pick out a pass.

Might not have the finishing ability of Morgan but we've plenty of players in the team that can score goals.

Really liked the movement of Smith & Loy up front on Saturday, they tore Ayr to bits and I see no reason why they won't do the same to Dumbarton.

Ahem.

Remember the Hibs game?

1 minute ago, div said:

Smith has been something of a revelation. He is full of running and looks to be 100% committed to the St Mirren cause. A cracking signing.

I was a wee bit critical of Loy a few weeks back, questioning his commitment, but he has really stepped it up. His experience is important (he draws fouls very well!), and is now putting himself about.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yet to see him do enough to suggest so.
Good assist on Saturday though.

I actually think he does have potential.

He's suffered from lack of game time because of just how well the rest of the midfield is playing just now; but I can see him being a valuable member of the squad.

Back on topic; fingers crossed for Lewis for his upcoming scan!

56 minutes ago, div said:

Great point about our movement. I thought it was noticeable throughout the team that the players played a pass and immediately moved to receive it back, or get into a good position. No-one was simply passing it and then standing still or not doing much. There was a lot of neat triangles, a lot of quick passing and movement.

It must be something Jack Ross is instilling into the team as he continues to stamp his 'philosophy' into the team.

Keep up the good work everyone. We were great to watch. COYS.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Ahem.

Remember the Hibs game?

Yes I do, fondly, but I dont think we will see Stelios doing what Morgan did for the 5th goal on Saturday. He's a decent ping on him though so maybe I'm doing him a dis-service.

His role in the third goal on Saturday was just ridiculous, made the Ayr defenders look like schoolboys.

Guest TPAFKATS
I actually think he does have potential.
He's suffered from lack of game time because of just how well the rest of the midfield is playing just now; but I can see him being a valuable member of the squad.
Back on topic; fingers crossed for Lewis for his upcoming scan!

There's definitely potential.

From the OS ... (good news indeed)

Lewis Morgan is making good progress after suffering his injury at the weekend, but manager Jack Ross has cautioned that there is no timescale for his return.

A scan has confirmed the winger has suffered no break but there is some ligament damage and bone bruising. 

stmirren.com caught up with the 20 year-old yesterday and while there is no date for a return to action, Morgan is staying in a positive frame of mind as he the club enters it's last six matches of the season.

Hopefully I can get back before the end of the season and feature in a few of the games because there are massive games coming up for the club and I want to be involved in it. But at the moment I'm just trying to remain positive and try not to get too caught up in it.

"I've had a couple of scans and I'm just waiting to see how that is but at the moment it's still quite sore. The swelling is going away and the bruising is coming out so hopefully that is a good sign. 

"I was running full tilt and I was trying to hit the ball as hard as I could and I think the impact has snapped my ankle back. It was a sore one at the time, very sore, so we'll just have to see what's happening with it.

"They were keen to get me straight to the hospital, so the ambulance came and picked me up. But the gaffer spoke to me, he text me straight away to see how I was and he even came in during the game to say that he would have a catch up with me.

"I think everyone is together," he continued. "Everyone was asking how I was and it's great having a gaffer who you know you can speak to any time. He's great with all the lads and he's been brilliant for me. 

"I've had a lot of messages from them [supporters] asking how I was and just luckily it's not as bad as first feared. Even at the games I've noticed a real difference since the turn of the year and I think the fans are seeing it on the pitch as well.

"We're both doing our part now. The fans have helped us and hopefully we are helping them enjoy their football again."

Saturday's 6-2 win over Ayr was the joint highest victory for St Mirren at the Paisley 2021 Stadium since opening in 2009. Morgan believes that the side have been due a result like that and was pleased it all came together in such an important match.

I think that's probably the first game it has all come together in terms of creating chances and taking them. We create chances like that every week and maybe we've not been taking them. But when it all clicks like that we knew at one point we were going to turn a team over and luckily it was in a massive game for us. 

"It's something I've not been involved in," Morgan confessed. "We just played with a freedom, everything was clicking and we were just really ruthless. That's great for goal difference purposes because it could come down to that.

"I think everyone is really confident now. I read somewhere that over the last eight games we would be top of the league. There's confidence running through the team at the moment and we're definitely confident we can get ourselves out of this."

Edited by Sonny