The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

For me this is a non issue that some people just like to moan about. Why on earth is it such a bad thing spending money on our club? Someone call the law! [emoji38]

It' not a bad thing to spend money on the club but jayz ohh, we'd still be living in caves if man didn't have the ability to review good & bad ideas & improve upon them.

St Mirren are in a good financial position right now, they shouldn't need to be asking their fanbase for financial support to pay wages for extra hours of any employee. The club should have the money to pay for it itself.

It is well documented, the old board had heehaw cash. They sold Love St & we moved to clear debts & still they had hee haw money at their disposal.

Right now, the club is probably in it's healthiest financial position (probably) for as long as many of us can remember but the club turns to SMISA wirh requests for financial assistance.
Do me a favour, the club doesn't need to do that but it does because it's there.

What happens when The Buds is Bought & SMISA really are the majority shareholder?
Who will SMISA turn to when The Buds is Bought & the 1300 or so members monthly subscriptions are no longer being paid & the £2 pot (or any other pot) has all but disappeared.
1300 + are, I don't think, going to continue paying £12 per month after GLS has been bought out?
How does the USH get fixed then?
How does the gym equipment get replaced?
How does the Sports Scientist get funded never mind funded for additional hours?
How does.....
How does....
How doe....

As I see it, St Mirren is in a healthy financial position, if it wants ought, budget for it.

If St Mirren was proper skint, i'd fully agree with the £2 pot being utilised for whatever St Mirren wants.

But, St Mirren is not skint & shouldn't need to ask.
SMISA on the other hand (in my opinion) should be recognising this & saying to it's members ( & by doing so, prove to be progressive)

"St Mirren is financial stable at the moment, we propose to save the £2 pots for when we have majority ownership of the club properly as we all know, the USH, HOF boards & lots of other jobs will need doing in the future. Please vote

Yes - save for when we have majority ownership.

No - spend, spend, spend just like we said we would.

That's what i'd be putting to the SMISA committee if i were on it.

12 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

It' not a bad thing to spend money on the club but jayz ohh, we'd still be living in caves if man didn't have the ability to review good & bad ideas & improve upon them.

St Mirren are in a good financial position right now, they shouldn't need to be asking their fanbase for financial support to pay wages for extra hours of any employee. The club should have the money to pay for it itself.

It is well documented, the old board had heehaw cash. They sold Love St & we moved to clear debts & still they had hee haw money at their disposal.

Right now, the club is probably in it's healthiest financial position (probably) for as long as many of us can remember but the club turns to SMISA wirh requests for financial assistance.
Do me a favour, the club doesn't need to do that but it does because it's there.

What happens when The Buds is Bought & SMISA really are the majority shareholder?
Who will SMISA turn to when The Buds is Bought & the 1300 or so members monthly subscriptions are no longer being paid & the £2 pot (or any other pot) has all but disappeared.
1300 + are, I don't think, going to continue paying £12 per month after GLS has been bought out?
How does the Sports Scientist get funded never mind funded for additional hours?
How does.....
How does....
How doe....

As I see it, St Mirren is in a healthy financial position, if it wants ought, budget for it.

If St Mirren was proper skint, i'd fully agree with the £2 pot being utilised for whatever St Mirren wants.

SMISA on the other hand (in my opinion) should be recognising this & saying to it's members ( & by doing so, prove to be progressive)

"St Mirren is financial stable at the moment, we propose to save the £2 pots for when we have majority ownership of the club properly as we all know, the USH, HOF boards & lots of other jobs will need doing in the future. Please vote

^^^^^^^ Negative, negative, negative.

Kidding apart, you're wasting your time.

I'm unsure of he's at the wind up as, surely, no one can show, consistently, that he's unable to weigh up other options and make a decision outside of "what the club want's the club gets" attitude?

He's seriously mind numbing.

Anyhow, my head's hurting with him....................I'm close to resorting to some more sweary words. :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

How does.....
How does....
How doe....

See comments like that ^^^ brilliant, all the time in the world for them. Constructive, well put together and even though it's a difference of opinion from my own the way it's put forward isn't slagging off our club or the fan group that saved us from potentially falling into some very questionable hands. 

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^ Negative, negative, negative.

Kidding apart, you're wasting your time.

I'm unsure of he's at the wind up as, surely, no one can show, consistently, that he's unable to weigh up other options and make a decision outside of "what the club want's the club gets" attitude?

He's seriously mind numbing.

Anyhow, my head's hurting with him....................I'm close to resorting to some more sweary words. :ph34r:

Just more evidence you can't grasp my point. :lol:

Anyway game day, no point in continuing with trying to explain my perspective that you clearly don't understand. 

Would still like to see temporary nets behind the South Stand goals as one of the spend options. 

Other clubs have these for shooting practice, we really should especially as it's the "Family Stand. 

Edited by davidg

27 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Manpower, health and safety, manual handling, 

Other clubs manage it. 

It consists of 2 x lightweight aluminium poles temporarily placed into 2 purposely installed sockets in the ground. Much like goalposts.

Altenatively, it could be a pulley system on an aluminium stand with wheels. 

It's very straightforward and used at sports facilities all over the country so I don't buy into the H&S reasons given.

What about the health and safety considerations for the kids getting whacked with a ball? 

Other clubs manage it.  It consists of 2 x lightweight aluminium poles temporarily placed into 2 purposely installed sockets in the ground. Much like goalposts.

Altenatively, it could be a pulley system on an aluminium stand with wheels. 

It's very straightforward and used at sports facilities all over the country so I don't buy into the H&S reasons given.

What about the health and safety considerations for the kids getting whacked with a ball? 

It consists of 4 5m long poles, unless you just want to go with the basic two and hope all shots are hit straight in to one section.

I suppose. But still 5m long poles. I've been using the Hibs system as a guide and received a quote from the suppliers. I didn't actually give any health and safety reasons I just stated there were some. But as you raise it, the poles would be longer than the area the netting is installed is wide so there's a risk of being dropped in to the crowd. Manual handling, I'd hope St Mirren are a responsible employer so even volunteers would need trained.

The considerations of kids getting whacked are why I took this on, why I'm getting quotes, why I met with the groundsman...luckily I can work from home to facilitate this on occasion.

Anyway, I've got the rest of the weekend to go and enjoy.

35 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

It consists of 4 5m long poles, unless you just want to go with the basic two and hope all shots are hit straight in to one section.

I suppose. But still 5m long poles. I've been using the Hibs system as a guide and received a quote from the suppliers. I didn't actually give any health and safety reasons I just stated there were some. But as you raise it, the poles would be longer than the area the netting is installed is wide so there's a risk of being dropped in to the crowd. Manual handling, I'd hope St Mirren are a responsible employer so even volunteers would need trained.

The considerations of kids getting whacked are why I too this on, why I'm getting quotes, why I met with the groundsman...luckily I can work from home to facilitate this on occasion.

Anyway, I've got the rest of the weekend to go and enjoy.

Your time is appropriated. 

I just feel that the hurdles of getting this going aren't that difficult to overcome and should a kid be hit on the back of the head as he walks up the stairs to take his seat, possibly cracking his skull on the sharp concrete steps we'll look back and say that that was totally avoidable. 

I would definitely say that installing this is a "reasonably practical" measure. 

Your time is appropriated. 
I just feel that the hurdles of getting this going aren't that difficult to overcome and should a kid be hit on the back of the head as he walks up the stairs to take his seat, possibly cracking his skull on the sharp concrete steps we'll look back and say that that was totally avoidable. 
I would definitely say that installing this is a "reasonably practical" measure. 

I'd even argue the club should be doing it anyway, bit like a lot of things that they could price up and come to SMISA asking for a contribution to the costs. Hand driers being another.

Can you imagine the outcry from Lord Pitiful if we spent money on these nets !!  "Wheres the community benefit ?" " Is this Gordons wish list ! "  Your breaking the Constitution, etc etc etc .:rolleyes:

Any road, with some of our shooting , we`d be better with nets on top of the Family stand to protect the cars in the car park !! 

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Can you imagine the outcry from Lord Pitiful if we spent money on these nets !!  "Wheres the community benefit ?" " Is this Gordons wish list ! "  Your breaking the Constitution, etc etc etc .:rolleyes:

Any road, with some of our shooting , we`d be better with nets on top of the Family stand to protect the cars in the car park !! 

Seriously ! if i were you i'd wait until LPM posted comments about safety nets before slating him on them. Very strange post.

11 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

This...

because it made me, and i guess many others laugh out loud at your absurdity. Then i thought... maybe you are a physic..? But then you probably already knew I thought that too!