The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

41 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

You came out with this nonsense not long after last year's meeting and it didn't take long for those in attendance to make it clear that none of this actually happened. None of it.

Ah maybe you are right and the four people and myself who attended together and witnessed it all (some commenting about it on this forum) are wrong..? 

Nope.... its you making up nonsense.

15 hours ago, StuD said:

Q1 - yes I did. I resigned my membership in January 2017. I didn't cry, however I was angry that promises made to me both personally by a number of SMISA board members and in their representations during the BTB campaign were being broken. 

Q2 - Yes and no. As you often do you're mixing your assertion and opinion with fact. I complained to SMISA that I had been mislead and asked for a refund. That was denied so I appealed. When that too was rejected I went to the Financial Conduct Authority who told me that they didn't deal with individuals who had a complaint against an organisation and who referred me to Andrew Jenkin at Supporters Direct. He admitted he had a number of concerns about some of the transactions that SMISA had been making but after investigation he took the view that SMISA had broken their pledge to me as a "one off" whilst the contribution of approx £8000 to the club to help pay players wages was them protecting their asset - the 30% stake they had taken on in the club. I was never asked for money by anyone and I never backed down. I simply ran out of places to complain to. Lord Pityme has already alluded on this thread as to what happened without going into specifics and as he has clearly stated Bazil really shouldn't be taking comfort from my experience. 

Q3 - You think I've got no emotional capacity for Community Ownership of Football Clubs? Really?! 

Q4 - To correct some of the assertions being made on here about me and my complaint. You'll notice I haven't posted on any other thread and I am keeping my posts on here to a minimum. 

Q5 - I have never made any advance to be any sort of "insider" at the football club. Unlike others on here I have never made any attempt to get myself onto the SMISA board, or put myself up for election to be a fans representative on the club board. I've also not put myself forward for the Fans Council, and I was never interested in running the clubs official website. The only time anyone at the club "spurned" me was when I offered St Mirren 33% of ALL income to my then new start up - a Text Messaging business. Gilmour rejected it at the meeting you allude to where I am supposed to have been "chased from the boardroom". In truth what happened was a few months later I was contacted by an "employee" of the club who asked me if I'd be willing to tell them how to set up a text messaging business for the club - which I refused to do, obviously. And a couple of years later - after I'd sold my business - I was invited back to the club to talk Campbell Kennedy, Norrie Jamieson and Kenny Pointon through how to set up a text messaging service for the club. This time I gave them the assistance they required including the names of contacts and suppliers but nothing happened with it for 8 more years by which point the world had moved on to using mobile internet on 3g phones. 

As for the rest of your post it seems to all be your assertion and opinion which you are entitled to. I like things done properly which can be a nightmare for those around me, of course, but I'm also a grafter who gets results - something that seems to have been appreciated by many of the people I have worked with on a number of projects both professionally and  as a volunteer. And as for your assertion about grudge holding - you can believe whatever you want, but the people who I remember arguing with me most vehemently in January 2017 were Buddiecat, TsuMirren and Lord Pityme, yet today we appear to be on the same side. 

Q1: I’m back under yet another new name, and as before, I’m going to make this all about me. Me, me, me.

Q2: I’m a total pain the fcuking arse and drag down every forum I pop up on, but as long as it’s about me.

Q3: Let’s talk about me some more.

Q4: I’m getting a hard-on. Let’s talk about me & SMiSA, me and Gilmour, me & the regulatory authorities, me and the club, me and my involvement, me, me and me.

Q5: Me.

Q6: No-one gives a flying fcuk.

Everyone else, no matter their opposing views, has managed to conduct their discussions while talking about the issue, without making it all about themselves. You act like you’re someone involved in everything, who’s opinion is sought, who should be listened to, who gets inside the process, who is never wrong, and who is a ‘player’ in the game.

No-one gives a fcuk.

40 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Q1: I’m back under yet another new name, and as before, I’m going to make this all about me. Me, me, me.

Q2: I’m a total pain the fcuking arse and drag down every forum I pop up on, but as long as it’s about me.

Q3: Let’s talk about me some more.

Q4: I’m getting a hard-on. Let’s talk about me & SMiSA, me and Gilmour, me & the regulatory authorities, me and the club, me and my involvement, me, me and me.

Q5: Me.

Q6: No-one gives a flying fcuk.

Everyone else, no matter their opposing views, has managed to conduct their discussions while talking about the issue, without making it all about themselves. You act like you’re someone involved in everything, who’s opinion is sought, who should be listened to, who gets inside the process, who is never wrong, and who is a ‘player’ in the game.

No-one gives a fcuk.

Aye whatever. I directly answered questions that were being put to me. I've asked the question I wanted answered. What plans do SMISA have in place to cover the £150,000 cost of the replacement astrograss when it's next needed in 8 - 12 years time? What relevant contribution have you made to the discussion so far? 

44 minutes ago, StuD said:

Aye whatever. I directly answered questions that were being put to me. I've asked the question I wanted answered. What plans do SMISA have in place to cover the £150,000 cost of the replacement astrograss when it's next needed in 8 - 12 years time? What relevant contribution have you made to the discussion so far? 

Out of interest, why the change in Usernames?

Forgotten/ locked passwords?

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Out of interest, why the change in Usernames?

Forgotten/ locked passwords?

I asked Div to close the Stuart Dickson account after the Sin Bin nonsense. Bellside Bud was only ever meant to be temporary as I wanted to post to correct something that had been highlighted to me - Div closed that account. And this account was set up purely to post on this thread. I've no intention in taking part throughout the rest of the forum. 

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Scott, nice to meet you (First person that's ever asked me directly what my name was, no hiding at all). I sit in W1 and I'm more than happy to have a chat face to face/ over a pint (Not a threat by the way, I've seen a number of people jump to that ridiculous conclusion on here in different circumstances when someone has suggested this) My username (Bazil) is what the majority of my close friends called me when I first joined here. 

You'll excuse me not putting my second name on an internet forum of course, your choice to do so but I would never recommend it to anyone. Hindesight is a wonderful thing and as much as data protection wasn't as much on peoples radar when B&Warmy was launched, it's certainly not a great idea in 2018. 

On your big long post about getting your money back. I have to say for someone that's hinted at being pretty switched on with regulation and legal issues, it's a bit surprising you didn't just follow a DDI claim. I'm also surprised if you followed all the steps you claim to have followed, not one person you spoke to suggested it. 

5 hours ago, StuD said:

A DDI claim never crossed my mind Scott, to be honest, and no - no-one suggested it until now. 

M3 for me usually when I go to matches, although we have been known to move to M4 on occasion. I would imagine I'd be quite easy to spot in a crowd though. I've met or been introduced to a few people on here over the years and never found it threatening. Bill Lees was going to hang me from the Blackpool Tower apparently and Cockles wanted to meet me so I could call him a Natsi to his face. Sadly neither of those two turned up. I don't often go to the pub on match days though - usually because I have to drive home, or to go on to work. More than happy to arrange something though if there is something specific you want to chat about. 

SMISA have paid for a room at the Glynhill, knock yerselves out. (Not literally) :rolleyes:

I voted against using the ring fenced money, as to me it went against the meaning of ring-fenced. Although to be honest I've voted against most of the proposals as I haven't found any of them that appealing ( apart from the community season tickets). I do however accept that if the majority of people who voted, chose the other option then that's a democracy. It's all money for the club and its all being paid back. Yes maybe that's blinkered of me but at the end of the day I have more important things in my life to worry about.
What I don't understand is Stu D paying monthly in to a scheme he's not happy about, to a club he detests. I'm happy to read his opinions, as they are just as valid as everyone else's and some points I agree with, just don't get why he's interested. Each to their own however.

2 ice cubes or a splash of water for me. Bovril with it is just minging

Ice cubes? Ice cubes? They kill the taste stone dead. Yanks have to use them in their appaling cocncoctions but for the real stuff a couple of drops of water is all that is required. Agree that Bovril is a no-no like coke, lemonade et al.

17 hours ago, StuD said:

I asked Div to close the Stuart Dickson account after the Sin Bin nonsense. Bellside Bud was only ever meant to be temporary as I wanted to post to correct something that had been highlighted to me - Div closed that account. And this account was set up purely to post on this thread. I've no intention in taking part throughout the rest of the forum. 

I'd be a bit gutted if someone closed my account and I've only racked up just over 1,400 posts. Was it not a bit of a shame for you, did you not hit over 30k? 

17 hours ago, st jock said:

I voted against using the ring fenced money, as to me it went against the meaning of ring-fenced. Although to be honest I've voted against most of the proposals as I haven't found any of them that appealing ( apart from the community season tickets). I do however accept that if the majority of people who voted, chose the other option then that's a democracy. It's all money for the club and its all being paid back. Yes maybe that's blinkered of me but at the end of the day I have more important things in my life to worry about.
What I don't understand is Stu D paying monthly in to a scheme he's not happy about, to a club he detests. I'm happy to read his opinions, as they are just as valid as everyone else's and some points I agree with, just don't get why he's interested. Each to their own however.

I think Stu has said a few times he's stopped his SMISA monthly donations.

23 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

You came out with this nonsense not long after last year's meeting and it didn't take long for those in attendance to make it clear that none of this actually happened. None of it.

You are wrong there Mr Jones.  There was plenty of comment and agreement. So why say otherwise?

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think Stu has said a few times he's stopped his SMISA monthly donations.

Yep. 

I hardly "detest" the club either. I just wish it was more of a club I could be proud of. And to bring this back on topic that's why it was so important to me that SMISA stick to it's BTB pledges, 

Yep. 
I hardly "detest" the club either. I just wish it was more of a club I could be proud of. And to bring this back on topic that's why it was so important to me that SMISA stick to it's BTB pledges, 
Fair enough Stu. As I've said, I think some of your grievances are valid. Just don't know why you don't move on as you don't seem to have any emotional or financial attachment to the club. Seems that you are only here for attention and to do some shit stirring.