The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

On 11/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, Graeme Aitken said:

Bazil

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer the question.

with St Mirren Community Trust involved, The Salvation Army Involved, Funding through SPFL and support from crowdfunding, what difference will  an additional £500 from SMISA make? Will it make a difference?

I thought this was a belter of an idea but I wasn't aware / hadn't noticed the groups already involved and now thinking, why is SMISA money needed and what difference will it make. Before I vote on a yes or no vote, I want a wee bit more info to make as best an informed decision as I can and not just vote blind.

It will make a difference is the answer to the question. The project will cost X amount and unless X amount is getting funded by other means, £500 will help. 

I don't think individual votes will make a difference TBH but if you want extra info, why not contact Gayle Brannigan like it says on the email?

I can answer questions from an outsider POV but I'm not linked to the project or SMISA to give a defined answer.  

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

It will make a difference is the answer to the question. The project will cost X amount and unless X amount is getting funded by other means, £500 will help. 

I don't think individual votes will make a difference TBH but if you want extra info, why not contact Gayle Brannigan like it says on the email?

I can answer questions from an outsider POV but I'm not linked to the project or SMISA to give a defined answer.  

Stop making it up then! 

The world and his wife can see this is a donation borne out of embarrassment and shame that smisa cow towed to the club's latest general maintenance bill request for funding when the club was already getting £5k of the available pot this quarter anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Stop making it up then! 

The world and his wife can see this is a donation borne out of embarrassment and shame that smisa cow towed to the club's latest general maintenance bill request for funding when the club was already getting £5k of the available pot this quarter anyway. 

I'm not making anything up. 

- I think the vote will win by a landslide - my opinion on an open forum, it could be wrong

- I think £500 will be helpful because I don't think it'll be fully funded - my opinion on an open forum, it could be wrong 

Stating GLS controls everything that goes through SMISA and wants all money to benefit club only. The club having a clear community vote that still didn't win and then being 'embarrassed' that it didn't win, even though it meets GLS supposed agenda... You completely contradicting yourself, clutching at straws and showing you're the only real embarrassment in this situation.

You must be raging, you're negativity isn't impacting BTB, it's happening :clapping

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm not making anything up. 

- I think the vote will win by a landslide - my opinion on an open forum, it could be wrong

- I think £500 will be helpful because I don't think it'll be fully funded - my opinion on an open forum, it could be wrong 

Stating GLS controls everything that goes through SMISA and wants all money to benefit club only. The club having a clear community vote that still didn't win and then being 'embarrassed' that it didn't win, even though it meets GLS supposed agenda... You completely contradicting yourself, clutching at straws and showing you're the only real embarrassment in this situation.

You must be raging, you're negativity isn't impacting BTB, it's happening :clapping

Nah... just get a good chuckle at your continued lick-spittal approach.

a blind man can see Smisa are proposing this vote, after the vote! because they see the shame they have put on themselves, and also the club. If smisa had on this vote suggested, given that its a time sensitive option, would the membership agree to a simple yes/no ( no meaning save the pot)option on fully funding the Christmas dinner, i have no doubt the overwhelming majority would have backed it.

to try and make themselves not look so poorly they are making a token gesture to a cause that now appears to be fully funded anyway.

perhaps next year they might learn from yet another shocking mistake, and propose to support a number of local good causes through the October vote, to help organisations fund their Christmas plans. But i am not holding my breath as it's unlikely to please Scott.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

the question was "what"  not 'will' it make a difference but at least we know, you think it will make a difference.

I agree, I expect it will be voted through. Although not a celebrator of Christmas, I appreciate the importance of such initiatives (not only at Christmas though) and I would like to see SMISA (with member approval) working in collaboration with Gayle Brannigan (or other similar projects) on a regular basis. If that is an annual Christmas dinner, it's a great community project to be continually involved with.

36 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

the question was "what"  not 'will' it make a difference but at least we know, you think it will make a difference.

I agree, I expect it will be voted through. Although not a celebrator of Christmas, I appreciate the importance of such initiatives (not only at Christmas though) and I would like to see SMISA (with member approval) working in collaboration with Gayle Brannigan (or other similar projects) on a regular basis. If that is an annual Christmas dinner, it's a great community project to be continually involved with.

Fair enough, regarding what I do not know. Can probably speculate it’ll increase the numbers or quality of the meal. 

You don’t celebrate Christmas? Canny beat a good bit of turkey 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nah... just get a good chuckle at your continued lick-spittal approach.

a blind man can see Smisa are proposing this vote, after the vote! because they see the shame they have put on themselves, and also the club. If smisa had on this vote suggested, given that its a time sensitive option, would the membership agree to a simple yes/no ( no meaning save the pot)option on fully funding the Christmas dinner, i have no doubt the overwhelming majority would have backed it.

to try and make themselves not look so poorly they are making a token gesture to a cause that now appears to be fully funded anyway.

perhaps next year they might learn from yet another shocking mistake, and propose to support a number of local good causes through the October vote, to help organisations fund their Christmas plans. But i am not holding my breath as it's unlikely to please Scott.

My approach has been ‘we should follow the will of the majority’ a few of the minority crying over that won’t change my view and fortunately that of SMISA either. 

Can you even begin to explain the ‘shame SMISA have brought on’ comment? They’ve put out a vote, their members have voted on what they want best, they’ve suggested an additional vote only on a community element because the vote was so close? 

Yey again you’re 1. Clutching at straws 2. Having to throw out your supposed value system on wanting SMISA to benefit the community and 3. Contradicting your viewpoint on GLS controlling everything and between him and SMISA working for every penny to go to the club. 

You are acting Shameful and with desperation to say the least

I’ve noticed even other staunch SMISA critics are steering clear of you on this one. If Mr D wasn’t blocked, I don’t even think he’d be able to back your corner right now. 

And once again you’re campaigning to remove the popular vote , it’s not the will of the members so it shouldn’t happen.

As long as passable numbers want club benefits, SMISA is duty bound to present that option. Remember you’ve said you value process over vulnerable members of our community. The process exists to democratically go with the will of the members. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You don’t celebrate Christmas? Canny beat a good bit of turkey 

Yep. No offence but do you know where to stick that turkey??

Up LPM's arse is not the answer :oops

Soon be time for the SMISA  nominee for Director to be announced and we can start bickering over a  different topic for a bit.

See you back here in a while (about 2 months or so :lol)   for the next round.   :D

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I’ve noticed even other staunch SMISA critics are steering clear of you on this one. If Mr D wasn’t blocked, I don’t even think he’d be able to back your corner right now. 

I don't think that is true tbh. There has been fewer folk engaged in this thread of late but quite recently of the ones who have joined, are not as supportive of all things SMISA as you are. I am not saying that to be critical of you but you have demonstrated, your staunch support for SMISA.

It is true, no one can ever please all the people all of the time, neither will SMISA. These forums are a cracking sounding board for differing opinions to be aired, food for thought to be thrown out there and with reasonable minds, for folk to recognise things/thoughts/opinions they hadn't thought of themselves.  I have engaged in a few discussions and someone has thrown something up and I thought "never thought of that"  I digress.

Now, about that SMISA Nominees Director Election...………...

31 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

I don't think that is true tbh. There has been fewer folk engaged in this thread of late but quite recently of the ones who have joined, are not as supportive of all things SMISA as you are. I am not saying that to be critical of you but you have demonstrated, your staunch support for SMISA.

It is true, no one can ever please all the people all of the time, neither will SMISA. These forums are a cracking sounding board for differing opinions to be aired, food for thought to be thrown out there and with reasonable minds, for folk to recognise things/thoughts/opinions they hadn't thought of themselves.  I have engaged in a few discussions and someone has thrown something up and I thought "never thought of that"  I digress.

Re the bit in bold, that's what is really nipping Baz's  heid,  the fact that the discontent is growing, and being voiced. Only a few people normally bother to air their views, there are always many more sitting in the background though who share them.

I rarely take the time to check my e mails and vote, so I'm the ideal muppet in that regard.

I clocked a few that I wasn't bothered at all by, but should this one not be purchased by the club ?

It seems a basic requirement for a club would be goalposts for training, so why are we now going down the road of paying for the basics ?

What will the next one be, December's electric bill ?

I've had enough of the making things up as we go along approach. Firstly the ringfenced money being used and spending monthly spend to repay this, and now a new vote for money found down the back of the sofa. FWIW I voted to support the Christmas Meal option in the last quarterly vote, so it had it's chance and didn't get the support, so to have another side vote on it doesn't seem right. The way SMISA is being ran in the public domain with regards to transparency, or rather lack of it, has not been sitting comfortably with me for some time. Also I've never felt right supporting the funding of day to day operating expenses of a football club, but I swallowed my pride on this throughout. I always said I would review membership at a 3 year point or should my financial circumstances change, and given some uncertainty regarding my job emerging last week I've decided to do that review now, and given the reasons above I'm not willing to continue with my membership at the current moment in time. I may return, as I support the principal objective behind the movement, but can't currently continue to contribute financially as things stand.  

1 hour ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Yep. No offence but do you know where to stick that turkey??

Up LPM's arse is not the answer :oops

Soon be time for the SMISA  nominee for Director to be announced and we can start bickering over a  different topic for a bit.

See you back here in a while (about 2 months or so :lol)   for the next round.   :D

If I buy two turkeys... :lol:

1 hour ago, Graeme Aitken said:

I mean specifically regarding SMISA being 'embarrassed' into giving £500 to a charity (if the members vote) and that SMISA are wrong to help this vulnerable group because of the way the vote went. Haven't seen one person being so heartless, petty and shamefuin putting their hate for SMISA over elderly people getting a Christmas dinner. 

I agree the vocal on here have fallen but the three- five people still commenting are against SMISA for whatever reason. Very small numbers in comparison to voting members and with us still being over 30% ahead of target, I'm not really fussed. 

I do enjoy the debate though. haha 

37 minutes ago, madball said:

I've had enough of the making things up as we go along approach. Firstly the ringfenced money being used and spending monthly spend to repay this, and now a new vote for money found down the back of the sofa. FWIW I voted to support the Christmas Meal option in the last quarterly vote, so it had it's chance and didn't get the support, so to have another side vote on it doesn't seem right. The way SMISA is being ran in the public domain with regards to transparency, or rather lack of it, has not been sitting comfortably with me for some time. Also I've never felt right supporting the funding of day to day operating expenses of a football club, but I swallowed my pride on this throughout. I always said I would review membership at a 3 year point or should my financial circumstances change, and given some uncertainty regarding my job emerging last week I've decided to do that review now, and given the reasons above I'm not willing to continue with my membership at the current moment in time. I may return, as I support the principal objective behind the movement, but can't currently continue to contribute financially as things stand.  

Just admit you are a tight bastard and don't want to pay any more.

To think the hill you have chosen to die on is being against organising a dinner for a group of lonely pensioners on Christmas day! Embarrassing stuff!

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Just admit you are a tight bastard and don't want to pay any more.

To think the hill you have chosen to die on is being against organising a dinner for a group of lonely pensioners on Christmas day! Embarrassing stuff!

Well given I work for Lloyds Banking Group and their announcements of last week regarding change jobs is affecting me as my job is moving from Glasgow to Edinburgh or London it is fair to say I will be a tight bastard going forward as I'll probably have no wage coming in until I find something new.

As explained I was for it, but it didn't get support as others prioritised funding day to day running of the club over it. I gave it my support, so why don't you go troll those who didn't.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re the bit in bold, that's what is really nipping Baz's  heid,  the fact that the discontent is growing, and being voiced. Only a few people normally bother to air their views, there are always many more sitting in the background though who share them.

Based on what? I can probably count on one hand (maybe slightly more) people that have shown real discontent towards SMISA over the last 2+ years. Others might have been slightly miffed at certain aspects but without major gripes. 

We have roughly 1,300 paying members. I think what’s ‘nipping your heid’ is your hope for growing discontent remains a fantasy.

Every month we move yet closer to completing BTB with the drop off not even close to worrying levels to stop it.

Bad times for someone that hates SMISA to the extent they would sacrifice a charitable donation for vulnerable people to have a go at them. 

30 minutes ago, madball said:

Well given I work for Lloyds Banking Group and their announcements of last week regarding change jobs is affecting me as my job is moving from Glasgow to Edinburgh or London it is fair to say I will be a tight bastard going forward as I'll probably have no wage coming in until I find something new.

As explained I was for it, but it didn't get support as others prioritised funding day to day running of the club over it. I gave it my support, so why don't you go troll those who didn't.

Sorry to hear about your job, maybe just stick the SMISA membership on hold for a bit.

I think if you read some of the nonsense on here you can end up blowing things out of all proportion. This is just a fairly good gesture to make sure we do our bit for a very good cause on Christmas Day.

Very true.
I gave up commenting on this thread for the good of my mental health! Baz and his entrenched repetitive synchophantic diatribes were doin ma nut in!

More chance of winning an argument wi the wife! [emoji15] [emoji12]

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Very true.
I gave up commenting on this thread for the good of my mental health! Baz and his entrenched repetitive synchophantic diatribes were doin ma nut in!

More chance of winning an argument wi the wife! emoji15.pngemoji12.png

The same could be said of some of the posters who are against it.

Sadly it's pretty much a waste of time having a debate about SMiSA and Buy the Buds on here because the thread is dominated by a handful of people who have decided that it is a force for good/evil and will twist every tiny thing to back their position.

Same could be said for both sides of the argument though.

22 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:
7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Same could be said for both sides of the argument though.

Of course it could, but unfortunately Baz doesn't want to acknowledge that its ok to not agree.

12 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Very true.

More chance of winning an argument wi the wife! emoji15.png emoji12.png

If the wife also thinks the democratic will of the majority should ring true, I wouldn't like your chances in that argument either :P 

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Of course it could, but unfortunately Baz doesn't want to acknowledge that its ok to not agree.

I can fully appreciate people having different opinions and have said as much many times. 

What I can’t go by is 

- negative for the sake of negativity. Perfectly highlighted recently in criticism  of SMISA for trying to help some of the most vulnerable in our society. (And failure to even acknowledge a great community option being on the vote) 

- accusations of illegal activity against my football club or SMISA that not only don’t have foundation, has been raised and found not to exist.