The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

16 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:
41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
I doubt it would do the same job and even if it did it would take longer. A bit of machinery to keep the pitch in good condition for our players to train on, extends its life and saves time.
Benefits my club = gets my vote. 
Would be fine with any option that passes though.

What benefit do you expect this heavy piece of machinery to do exactly?

I expect it to do what the club said it would in the email. I have no reason to believe they're lying, do you? 

I expect it to do what the club said it would in the email. I have no reason to believe they're lying, do you? 

I have no reason to believe they are lying and neither have I suggested this.

A brush and a bit of elbow grease will also prolong the life of the surface and possibly be less damaging by not having a piece of heavy machinery running over it.

Extendable brushes?? Buy a bigger brush. Will save a fortune.

Next 3 monthly spend will be £3000 for maintenance of the maintenance equipment. [emoji33]

2 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Also,

When spending £150k on replacing the astro, did no one think about its maintenance then?

If they did, why was this not factored in or was it always the intention to return to SMISA for this?

Yeah funny how this supposed money spinner/saver and community facility is already costing £3k..?

surely at least half of that can come from all the funds the community pay to access it?

Yeah funny how this supposed money spinner/saver and community facility is already costing £3k..?
surely at least half of that can come from all the funds the community pay to access it?
Don't go opening old wounds.

The community aspect has been flogged to death and isn't going to change no matter how often you bump your gums about it.

I find it staggering the maintemance wasn't factored in from the outset.

Lack of foresight or an assumption to return to SMISA for that funding?

The SMISA membership will decide but f**k me, you would think, when undertaking a project of this size (& cost) you would think all essentials would have been considered from the start.

In this case, maintenance of the product being costed and factored in.[emoji848]

57 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I have no reason to believe they are lying and neither have I suggested this.

A brush and a bit of elbow grease will also prolong the life of the surface and possibly be less damaging by not having a piece of heavy machinery running over it.

Extendable brushes?? Buy a bigger brush. Will save a fortune.

Next 3 monthly spend will be £3000 for maintenance of the maintenance equipment. emoji33.png

What do you base your second sentence on? Do you have an intricate knowledge of this particular kind of pitch upkeep? 

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

From reading the request, it looks like this will extend the useful life and keep it in better shape but it’s not an essential. For me, this is exactly one of the types of uses the discretionary fund was set up for. 

If it isn’t voted for then a manual fix from the groundsman seems like the likely option. 

you could just buy the brushes and hire the mini-tractor once a month

What do you base your second sentence on? Do you have an intricate knowledge of this particular kind of pitch upkeep? 
It's not rocket science.
The request is for a mini tractor/ride on with extendable brushes.
The video sent with the email supports that.

A man/woman (groundsman) pushing a brush over the same surface will do a similar job. Therefore, the life expectancy of the product will be extended.

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

Also,

When spending £150k on replacing the astro, did no one think about its maintenance then?

If they did, why was this not factored in or was it always the intention to return to SMISA for this?

Com’n Kombi I can tell from your favourite player being Alex Beckett that we are both of a similar vintage.

if your teenage child was standing in front of you at 7pm and suggesting they need some money as they were going out that evening, do you believe the decision to go out is dependent on your response?

Of course not. They have the money. They are just hoping you’ll give them a bit more.

Edited by E=Mc2

Com’n Kombi I can tell from your favourite player being Alex Beckett that we are both of a similar vintage.
if your teenage child was standing in front of you at 7pm and suggesting they need some money as they were going out that evening, do you believe the decision to go out is dependent on your response?
Of course not. They have the money. They are just hoping you’ll give them a bit more.
What a vintage we are.

Sounds like me trying to get a pound or two more to go the shows at The Kelvin Hall.

23 hours ago, HSS said:

Just had the e-mail in about the latest £2 spend.

1.Murals inside the stadium

2.Equipment to tend the SMiSA bought artificial pitch at Ralston.

3.No spend.

The example shown with the Mural option looks great.Its that magnificent image of Big Thommo after his League Cup Final goal.There would be 2 murals in each of the home stands and they would fairly brighten the place up a bit.

Option 1 got my vote but no doubt the money will be spent on the pitch.

I would also go for Option 1 Murals. 

Second Choice would be Bank. 

It's not rocket science.

A man/woman (groundsman) pushing a brush over the same surface will do a similar job. Therefore, the life expectancy of the product will be extended.

I don't think it's rocket science that there will be benefit in an item of machinery doing this over a guy with his brush. The benefit will be quality and consistency of work as well as faster. Can you imagine the team turning up  at 9am , 'sorry lads we'll need to wait another hour cause old Jimmy is still brushing the pitch' :lol:

You can apply the logic of a person doing it to pretty much anything. Should I throw out my toaster because I could stand over an open flame and heat my bread just as well?

It's not rocket science.

So the mini tractor at Greenhill road only needs sticking on a trailer and taking to Ralston once or twice a month???

surely the club arent just after Smisa's cash for the sake of it?

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Voted for the murals, would look great I think and another step towards making legoland at least feel slightly like home. Would be great to have something similar around the outside of the stadium too. There's no need for the place to be such a drab carbon copy of other new build homes. A bit of bohemian spirit would be very welcome indeed.

Agree with the above posters, the fund is not there for day-to-day maintenance of facilities. The club needs to budget for that itself. I'd be staggered if that was voted through. 

Gave these pictures to Fans Council 4 years ago. No one interested.

images.jpeg.jpg

4360668440_9454cc4ee3_z.jpg

7 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Gave these pictures to Fans Council 4 years ago. No one interested.

images.jpeg.jpg

4360668440_9454cc4ee3_z.jpg

Looks great! A bit of colour outside the stadium would be even more welcome.

Sadly it seems to take f**king ages to get anything at all done when St Mirren are involved, but hopefully SMISA are making a good start with this.

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Forgive me bazil. Wasn't there a clear business case for the purchas and maintenance of the pitch 

For the pitch im sure, there might have been for the maintenance I'm not sure. But like I say, I have trust in my club and if this is a request that they feel will add value, that’s all I need. 

So the mini tractor at Greenhill road only needs sticking on a trailer and taking to Ralston once or twice a month???
surely the club arent just after Smisa's cash for the sake of it?
Have they got a trailer or hasn't SMISA bought it yet?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

For the pitch im sure, there might have been for the maintenance I'm not sure. But like I say, I have trust in my club and if this is a request that they feel will add value, that’s all I need. 

This again illustrates why I haven't joined in the purchase.

It's not about trust... It's about business. 

6 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Or buy the brush attachment to hook onto a club owned tractor/mini tractor.

How does the grass get cut.
By groundstaff pushing lawnmowers?

They would only ask SMISA for the money to buy a trailer that can cope with the transportation of the mini tractor and a pick-up for towing it betweenlocations..

Wait a minute, there is an opportunity for an external income stream right there-landscape services and use the Kibble kids as slave labour.  or get the guys from the football fit scheme to push the trailer from Greenhill road to Ralston and back.

Bazil could drive them on like an ancient Egyptian slave master with cries of "if you slow down you are being negative"  or "this will save the club enough money to cover the entire bootlace budget for the month".

Edited by beyond our ken