The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

They would only ask SMISA for the money to buy a trailer that can cope with the transportation of the mini tractor and a pick-up for towing it betweenlocations..

Wait a minute, there is an opportunity for an external income stream right there-landscape services and use the Kibble kids as slave labour.  or get the guys from the football fit scheme to push the trailer from Greenhill road to Ralston and back.

Bazil could drive them on like an ancient Egyption slave master with cries of "if you slow down you are being negative"  or "this will save the club enough money to cover the entire bootlace budget for the month".

Good thinking BYK.  Add an attachment or two and they can clean the streets on the way there and back or cut any grass verges. 

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

This again illustrates why I haven't joined in the purchase.

It's not about trust... It's about business. 

SMFC is a business and I can't think of one element of BTB where any trust has been broken. They haven't done anything they categorically said they wouldn't from my POV.  

As fans we have a collective desire for the club to do well (you'd think). That's why it is a bit of a foreign concept to me that some people take massive issue with proposals that help our club. Even worse are the ones that take issue in mutually beneficial (community and club) proposals. Baffling. 

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

They would only ask SMISA for the money to buy a trailer that can cope with the transportation of the mini tractor and a pick-up for towing it betweenlocations..

Wait a minute, there is an opportunity for an external income stream right there-landscape services and use the Kibble kids as slave labour.  or get the guys from the football fit scheme to push the trailer from Greenhill road to Ralston and back.

Bazil could drive them on like an ancient Egyptian slave master with cries of "if you slow down you are being negative"  or "this will save the club enough money to cover the entire bootlace budget for the month".

Forgive me for thinking people crying over £6 a quarter helping the team we all apparently support is negative... 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Forgive me for thinking people crying over £6 a quarter helping the team we all apparently support is negative... 

Why bother giving us a choice then?Just give all the 3 monthly spend to the Club.

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Why bother giving us a choice then?Just give all the 3 monthly spend to the Club.

Last vote was very close. Who’s to say for sure the other options won’t win?

I fully agree with choices and people’s right to not be happy with where the money goes.

What I’m not a big fan of, is people being critical of a process that works very well and not wanting the consistently most popular choice of club benefits to be an option.

But mainly the moaning fans that threaten to quit BTB because some people have a different opinion to them. Fortunately most of them have vanished, still see a few on twitter and Facebook right enough. 

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

This again illustrates why I haven't joined in the purchase.

It's not about trust... It's about business. 

You have to be careful about engaging with Bazil.  He may harp on the same message incessantly but people who are more easily influenced can be susceptible to that kind of prompting.  I don't credit him with any method behind his madness, more blind loyalty and the perceived Kudos of being flag waver in chief for the SMISA cabal but the single message that it is negative and anti- St Mirren to even question the SMISA cabal will be influential.

The really bad thing is that people come on here to offer opinions and discuss things and he is on any SMISA-sceptism like a hot rash.

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You have to be careful about engaging with Bazil.  He may harp on the same message incessantly but people who are more easily influenced can be susceptible to that kind of prompting.  I don't credit him with any method behind his madness, more blind loyalty and the perceived Kudos of being flag waver in chief for the SMISA cabal but the single message that it is negative and anti- St Mirren to even question the SMISA cabal will be influential.

The really bad thing is that people come on here to offer opinions and discuss things and he is on any SMISA-sceptism like a hot rash.

The only point this post proves is you are incapable of understanding my view. 

As you have rightly said it is unwavering. However where you’re incorrect is I have absolutely no issue with people having a different view from me regarding where the money should be spent and no issue with people being unhappy at choices. 

Where I do take issue (as I have said many times before including earlier this morning) is when people want to remove a popular option from the vote, change a democratic process that works and spit the dummy over people having a different opinion. That’s it...

oh and obviously people incorrectly accusing SMISA & SMFC of illegal activity. 

34 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The only point this post proves is you are incapable of understanding my view. 

As you have rightly said it is unwavering. However where you’re incorrect is I have absolutely no issue with people having a different view from me regarding where the money should be spent and no issue with people being unhappy at choices. 

Where I do take issue (as I have said many times before including earlier this morning) is when people want to remove a popular option from the vote, change a democratic process that works and spit the dummy over people having a different opinion. That’s it...

oh and obviously people incorrectly accusing SMISA & SMFC of illegal activity. 

Well, you've accused me of negativity in the past and i have NEVER campaigned to remove a voting option (I'd have a cheek to do that) or accused either SMISA or SMFC of illegal activity.  Even if someone did make that kind of accusation, they may well not be indulging in negativity but actually be the first to unearth an unpalateable truth.

You've done it again, set yet another rule as to what is negative behaviour and used it to justify your trickle.  How do you expect me to understand your posts when the evidence is that you either don't understand or can't keep track of them yourself?

18 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Well, you've accused me of negativity in the past and i have NEVER campaigned to remove a voting option (I'd have a cheek to do that) or accused either SMISA or SMFC of illegal activity.  Even if someone did make that kind of accusation, they may well not be indulging in negativity but actually be the first to unearth an unpalateable truth.

You've done it again, set yet another rule as to what is negative behaviour and used it to justify your trickle.  How do you expect me to understand your posts when the evidence is that you either don't understand or can't keep track of them yourself?

You like to engage with me regarding a view I don’t hold. That’s where my responses to you come from. 

In fairness to most on here it takes a very specific kind of fruit loop to think the club is doing anything illegal. How public BTB is, the compliance requirements, the fact the regulation has been shared and that at least one person has made a complaint and been told to jog on, categorically shows there’s nothing untoward going on. 

A very small few cling onto the above and ironically it’s the same that always assume the most negative stance of any aspect of our club. 

As per my previous post to you and many others, my view has always been consistent. I’m not posting a different view today. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lower league wins are a celebration of periods when Saints had been utter shite.  

Glad to celebrate the end of each, but don’t think them worthy of murals reminding everyBuddie that the top league is not Saints’ natural place in the order of things.

Saints should be above that.

I fear that the winning selection will pretty much ignore the illustrious past - even that lovely singular Anglo-Scottish Cup win.

It's just the problem of having so many weans voting, instead of mature people like me.  :)

All that the weans've seen, have been struggles to resurface so I cannae blame them for picking what they know...

So... reasonably as there'll be a mix of voters (albeit skewed towards youngsters), I suspect the League Cup win will be most popular.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, antrin said:

I fear that the winning selection will pretty much ignore the illustrious past - even that lovely singular Anglo-Scottish Cup win.

It's just the problem of having so many weans voting, instead of mature people like me.  :)

All that the weans've seen, have been struggles to resurface so I cannae blame them for picking what they know...

So... reasonably as there'll be a mix of voters (albeit skewed towards youngsters), I suspect the League Cup win will be most popular.

How many National Trophies have we won? 

Surely they should be commemorated plus the Anglo Scottish Cup? 

Or have we won too many to fit them all in? 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

How many National Trophies have we won? 

Surely they should be commemorated plus the Anglo Scottish Cup? 

Or have we won too many to fit them all in? 

You can choose three.

so 3 Scottish Cups, a League Cup and the Anglo Scottish.

Personally, I'm discounting the odd Renfrewshire...

59 minutes ago, HSS said:

The 3 Scottish Cups should be definates.The vote should be on the remaining honours.

And the league cup I'd say as a definite, it's another major trophy. Others if it's individuals I'd like to see Shug and David McCrae, two records that'll likely never be beaten. 

Celebrating each of our Scottish Cup wins, will give a timeline feel to the murals. For the 3 others, I'd go for the League Cup win and 2 iconic photographs from

The defensive wall jump v Rankers when about 5 or 6 St Mirren players all jumped for the same ball on the line (you know the photo.)

Steven Thompson cathartic celebration when he scored in the league cup final.

Jimmy Bone holding aloft the Anglo Scottish Cup (I think), I think he was on other players shoulders as he was carried across Love Street pitch.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

And the league cup I'd say as a definite, it's another major trophy. 

I would agree.

As we're given 3 votes and the 3 Cup Finals are seen as the most important then surely there can only be 3 winners!!

We should have been given 6 votes or got us to rank from 1-11.

Anyway.......I've voted.