The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

Graeme also went beyond that and campaigned to proxy for anyone willing to vote yes. 

Basil,
I reckon this is the cause of your discussion with BinEK now.

To clarify, i did not go beyond anything and I did not campaign for proxy votes.

I submitted the prooosal.
SMISA distribution of it to the membership was due process.
I made one post asking members to consider giving me their proxy.

The anomaly is in your interpretation of it.
You have suggested that I done something that is completely not true.

Anyways, back to the future. Cod or Haddock? [emoji16]

32 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Basil,

To clarify, i did not go beyond anything and I did not campaign for proxy votes.

Anyways, back to the future. Cod or Haddock? emoji16.png

If there has been a misinterpretation fine but I feel my point was perfectly clear, not untrue and if anything a positive for both you and SMISA. This could easily have been presented with minimum details. 'Should a standing option to carry the £2 spend be included on every vote from now on?'  vote on the day, no more no less. 

Allowing you to fully detail the argument for this, clear details on how people can proxy and then to offer yourself for proxy voters on the by far biggest St Mirren fan forum there is, in my opinion 'campaigning' is the right word. I meant it completely in a positive manner and obviously BEK took exception, I think it's clear he has a vendetta out on me based on our previous argument.

Also I didn't use the word canvasing which BEK has gotten wrong and I'm sure he will soon correct... 

Basil,

Anyways, back to the future. Cod or Haddock? [emoji16]
Absolutely spot on.

Pants on fire boy was caught out but rather than admit being wrong claims he has been horribly abused by use of a synonym to paraphrase him as I really didn't want to reread his drivel!

Classic deflection!

He accused you of campaigning, not canvassing... My bad! Huge difference obviously.

Anyway... You got it spot on.

That quote is indeed fabrication as all three of us know!

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Absolutely spot on.

Pants on fire boy was caught out but rather than admit being wrong claims he has been horribly abused by use of a synonym to paraphrase him as I really didn't want to reread his drivel!

Classic deflection!

He accused you of campaigning, not canvassing... My bad! Huge difference obviously.

Anyway... You got it spot on.

That quote is indeed fabrication as all three of us know!

So you admit you were wrong in saying canvassing? Finally, just the other 10 plus admittances of being wrong in recent days now  

I think there’s a difference and I stand by campaigning. Again sorry me making a comment that was meant to be positive upsets you so much but  I’m still not lying or fabricating. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

The pint suffices for me, albeit Peroni.

Still can't think of a negative point in principle of having the option in a democratic process.

Go on Basil there's a challenge for you. emoji106.png

I don’t think it’s a matter of positive or negative, I certainly don’t think it’s negative, I just don’t think it would ever win and it would dilute the vote further.

The reality is though There isn't sufficient interest in having it added right now and possibly never. 

So you admit you were wrong in saying canvassing? Finally, just the other 10 plus admittances of being wrong in recent days now  
I think there’s a difference and I stand by campaigning. Again sorry me making a comment that was meant to be positive upsets you so much but  I’m still not lying or fabricating. :rolleyes:
I was talking about you, not to you! [emoji90] [emoji91]

• 2 months later...

New options up, roughly £4,000 in the pot with some left from last quarter. Two options with a straight yes/ no 

- kits for woman's team £1,000

- money for various youth team to go and play against EPL & Championship opponents £3,000 

yes & yes from me.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

New options up, roughly £4,000 in the pot with some left from last quarter. Two options with a straight yes/ no 

- kits for woman's team £1,000

- money for various youth team to go and play against EPL & Championship opponents £3,000 

yes & yes from me.

There's a surprise. Let's be honest, Lyle Langley could come along looking for money to build a monorail between the ground and Ralston and you'd approve putting the £2 spend towards that.

Not a hope of me voting in favour of the youth academy's trip. I would vote in favour of the women's team but I'd be interested to know how much support they are getting from the club - both financially and in terms of using the facilities etc.

Edited by Stu

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

There's a surprise. Let's be honest, Lyle Langley could come along looking for money to build a monorail between the ground and Ralston and you'd approve putting the £2 spend towards that.

Not a hope of me voting in favour of the youth academy's trip. I would vote in favour of the women's team but I'd be interested to know how much support they are getting from the club - both financially and in terms of using the facilities etc.

It still baffles me that some fans of SMFC consider it a bad thing for other fans of SMFC to want to financially support... SMFC 

It still baffles me that some fans of SMFC consider it a bad thing for other fans of SMFC to want to financially support... SMFC 
Don't be baffled Baz, it is not a war of you v them.
It's dead simple in my eyes, there's some costs the club should pay & not turn to the fans to fund.

I'd rather the whole £4k goes to the ladies team. Ladies football is the growth sport across the uk right now.
St Mirren FC should be promoting that, building the clubs profile and not treating ladies football as a token.
£1K is a drop in the ocean to their overall costs.

In the options, it explains
Cost of the ladies is £1000 but Alan mcManus has asked for £3k towards the youth academy trip.

What is the actual cost of that trip?
How many folk/teams going?
How is the rest of the funds being raised and most importantly, when is the trip?

Before I tick that yes box, i'd like something more than a sketchy request.

It's dead simple in my eyes, there's some costs the club should pay & not turn to the fans to fund.

I'd rather the whole £4k goes to the ladies team. Ladies football is the growth sport across the uk right now.
St Mirren FC should be promoting that, building the clubs profile and not treating ladies football as a token.

Cost of the ladies is £1000 but Alan mcManus has asked for £3k towards the youth academy trip.

How is the rest of the funds being raised and most importantly, when is the trip?

You want information on what you are voting for?

FFS!

Never happened in the independence referendum or Brexit... Why start now?
;-)

You want information on what you are voting for?

FFS!

Never happened in the independence referendum or Brexit... Why start now?
;-)

Independence referendum, i wasn't allowed a vote.
Brexit? 2 sets of liars lying to us. Harrumph [emoji16]

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

Yeah absolutely, it’s just a matter of opinion. Personally my number one priority regarding all this is the club so if there was an option just to give Them money & let them decide how they spend it, it would get my vote everyday over anything else. 

Thats just my view, it won’t change and I don’t expect other people’s with contradicting views to change theirs.

what is a bit frustrating is my view (which by the way is clearly shared by others given the way practically all the votes go) seems to be a somewhat taboo. I don’t understand why people want explanations from the club or them to fund out their budget when we can do it. Any saving for them is money back in the player, facility, etc budget and that’s exactly what I want to see. But as I say, if that’s people’s view fine, there’s not a decent argument to change mine though IMO. 

Let’s see how the vote goes.

12 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Sadly, that is what it is looking like at the moment. I'd be very interested to know what, if any, support they get from St Mirren FC - of which the women's team is a part, not a separate entity. The club should be providing them with kit as the bare minimum, SMiSA should not need to be funding this. Surely that could be part of the kit deal? It certainly used to be for the youth academy (don't know if it is since we left JD Sports).

I see most of the women's games are at Ferguslie - why are they not allowed to play at Ralston? Are they allowed to train there? If not, why not?  We have a nice 3G pitch that SMiSA paid for they could surely be allowed on

The women's team seems to be run on as little funding as possible. They have held crowdfunding campaigns just to get basic kit to get them up and running. They held a fundraising evening in a bar in Paisley - surely they could have been allowed to use the ground?

It doesn't look particularly good to the outside world that the women's first team are having to ask for money for kit while the men's youth team is so well funded that the most pressing thing on their list is money for a trip to England.